Ahh Wtf?!

xjackflashx

I am near the end of my flowering and I have noticed that one of the buds NOW just got lil yellow flower looking thingy...which would make it a male...yet it has female pistols on it that are orange now...and there are only a few seeds...which i would think makes it a hermie....but do hermies do that???:hmmmm::bongrip::hmmmm::smokin::smokin:

If you flower too long this can happen. A female plant has built in insurance, if it goes un-pollinated and finishes it's flowering cycle the plant knows it's near the end of it's lifecycle. It then forms male flowers (often called bannanas by growers) in order to pollinate itself and form new offspring. If you have seeds then that means the male bannans have pollinated the female buds.

Most growers simply remove the "bannanas" and others consider the crop ruined if it's seeded. Personally I don't think seeds are too big a deal if you grew it yourself. If I were in your shoes I would just harvest ASAP.

thanks for the look out smokin....question.....what are those green blocks under your name that change when you highlight different peoples blocks??

Ah, my friends. My first post!
I had the same thang happen to me on my last grow. There were seeds and they were plenty ripe by the time I harvested. I used those seeds in my latest grow. They immediately shot to the ceiling! They are about 6ft tall and full of bud on the upper layers...HUGE colas! They are tending now to do the same thing that was described above. I'm pulling the 'nanners as fast as I can, but can see seeds a-forming. After reading this, I'm agoing to harvest today!

So I have had my babies in jars for going on three days now and when I went in and checked them this morning they looked as if they had been rolled in cotton balls....is this the evil mold starting to rear its ugly head.....So I went and opened them up and have them airing out....anything on this would be great and needed ASAP...

I have noticed something similar to these "bananas" on my current plant but am only 4 weeks into budding. It's a single female in my closet. I dont know the strain but was expecting to bud for 7-8 weeks. Surely this doesn't mean I should harvest now does it?

I have noticed something similar to these "bananas" on my current plant but am only 4 weeks into budding. It's a single female in my closet. I dont know the strain but was expecting to bud for 7-8 weeks. Surely this doesn't mean I should harvest now does it?

Check for light leaks in your room. Most likely light is leaking in during the dark period and throwing the flowering cycle off.

Back
Top Bottom