Air pump problems - Overheating

Young Yoda

Hi all I recently purchased 952gph Aquaneat air pump. It worked when I turned it on, but when I came back to it (was brewing tea) the pump was not pushing air at all and was severely overheating.

Several hours later, I tried the pump again and it is working. It has been on for a little bit now but seems to be running really hot. The metal casing is definitely hot to the touch. The pump came with a six-outlet divider, even the short tube which leads to the divider is getting hot..

I am wondering if the problem is in my use or in the product. The pump was left on the floor, totally exposed to airflow (fan blows right near it) totally uncovered. I did tape off four of the six outlets on the divider; I only want to use two airstones currently. Could the this restriction of airflow be the problem? That seems crazy considering as the six outlet divider hooks up to a single, only slightly larger outlet right out of the pump.

I don't know what's wrong here, and hope someone who has had experience with these pumps can chime in.

I think this happened to me also , to much air thru to a smaller tube or outlet. I had a one way air valve thingy to stop water returning to pump , worked for a bit then same thing ..pump was going but not pushing air thru , removed it and has worked fine since , you may need a bigger diameter air tube or smaller pump ,

Back
Top Bottom