Airpump malfunction

toiskis

420 Member
So, this is the question. Why the right side air outlet is not working properly?

Left one works perfectly, right one is working only 5% of max air flow.
I dissambled it already, no visual signs of damage, air outlet works when i blow or suck air from/to it.

Cheers

Toiskis
20240406_103845.jpg

I can see clear discoloration on the right side that looks water damaged? Maybe there was backflow of water when they were turned off? It's probably not sealed properly anymore letting out air in the pump instead of the outlet.

Assuming that you have already checked the air-line the first place I would check is the black rubber diaphragm. Most of the time they are easy to remove. Look carefully for any cracks in the rubber including where it fits on the white plastic blocks.

While you have the guts exposed you should be able to put the air-lines back and turn the pump on. That will let you see that the diaphragm is moving properly.

I dissambled it already, no visual signs of damage, air outlet works when i blow or suck air from/to it.
I had a similar problem with the pump for one of my aquariums. It was a single outlet pump with a splitter valve set-up for the air hoses. I checked the problem hose by trying to blow through it, etc and replaced the air stone. No visible signs of what might cause the problem. Cut off a section of brand new air-line and replaced the old. Worked perfectly as soon as I turned the pump back on.

Took me more time trying to figure out what was going wrong than it took to drive to the tropical fish store to get the air-line.

Good luck. Sometimes finding those little problems can be a lot of work.

Well this settled it. The airfilter was clogged. Now its running like 80% on both sides. I dissambled it to atoms. Had a few trys before nailing it.

Thanks all for your replies.

Keep growing and stay safe!

I can see clear discoloration on the right side that looks water damaged? Maybe there was backflow of water when they were turned off? It's probably not sealed properly anymore letting out air in the pump instead of the outlet.
I cleaned the right side with spray alcohol thats the reason for colour differences

So, this is the question. Why the right side air outlet is not working properly?

Left one works perfectly, right one is working only 5% of max air flow.

Cheers

Toiskis
20240406_103845.jpg
Maybe bad seals?? Replace it before you have a fire or something its not worth the $60 or $100 for that to happen ✌️

Back
Top Bottom