Aku's Soil Trifoliate! Bag Seed Journal 2014 Pics

So I guess I'm in the middle of week 8 of flower with Xp-1 here. As ever, she is a rock. She smells freakin' awesome, wish I knew what people are using to describe this smell so that I could relay it. Its not real sweet or skunky. I guess its somewhat fuelly as they say but def. cannabally. She's getting more and more trichs, wish I could show those too. Up close, more are turning cloudy but most are still clearish. I don't have any lower leaves to turn yellow so Ima have to go from trich color for harvest time. Anyone have some input on harvesting? New pics to follow.
On a sidenote, I've splashed an Original Sensible AutoFem Black JH bean in lieu of how quickly my 1st auto is growing. I will be starting a new journal for her I spose.

20141007_234453.jpg
20141007_234541.jpg
20141007_234606.jpg

Its hard to tell being that the bud never swelled up. Hairs have nice colors, but are trichome heads at least 20% amber? If you want more CBD go for amber at 40-50%. If you got a lot of amber now pull them up before gets weaker.

Almost none are amber. Most are still clear to some of them beginning to get cloudy. This is why I decided to go for another round of nutes. I was doing a flush preparing for harvest but... seems like ince again I was waaay ahead of the plant. So The waiting continues. Man, just for the time factor involved here, Autos have to be the wave of the future for the home hobbyist. Now keeping in mind I havent smoked in better than a year, I am in no hurry other than I want the space this poor bitch is taking up! Xp-1 here was definitely a learning experience but its over, she just didn't get the memo.
I'm even going to let her go long to up the CBD as Hydro suggested, so I probably have 3-4 more weeks, ya? About the same time my 1st auto should be done. 2nd Auto should be 1/2 way and I should have another bean popped, that is, if all goes according to plan.
Soon as I get motivated I'll get all that is needed to make some CS and do a reversal journal, then a seed journal. Got lots on my plate, I need more space!

Ya I feel you on the time I got my first of 3 now maybe 4 plants in bloom. @7 days at 12/12 and no sign if I got a female or male I hate bagseed, its a huge plant but if its male o well. maybe your buds will swell alittle try adding some carbo if you got a week or 2 left its worth a try.

Carbohydrates like carboload or some black strap molasses unsulfured (can be bought in the grocery store). Basically sugars that wont kill your plant. They give a boost in late bud cycle. I use AN carboload for week 3 through the last week of bud before flush. Plants use up sugars to make buds or the stuff in buds.

Yup, good ol' Brer Rabbit all natural, unsulphered, blackstrap molasses. Using a Tbsn per gallon. Started adding it to La Ferrari (my La Diva auto now named) as well. Pulled a few teeny tiny under the main bud tiny bud like growths. They had pistils growing, probably single or a couple calyx's (sp?), ya that small. Put them in with the 1st two buds I pulled off her in a little round plastic pillbox like thing. First off, the original twins (see previous pics) shrunk up to nothing. I hadn't looked in on them in awhile. But the little bit I plucked and threw in there, puffed those guys back up a little. Definitely shared the moisture. Drying and curing is going to be more of a thing than once thought. That process is going to take a whole lot more monitoring the 1st real time I do that.

So I'm needing some help. Xp-1 here is turning yellow in various arbitrary places. Please see pics. This has happened over the last day or two. I hadn't watered (fed) her anything for several days. I was waiting for her to dry out from the last transplant that wouldn't drain. I believe the nute burn was from prior, when I was experimenting with the upper limits of feeding. My best guess is she is somewhere between week 8 and 9 of flowering. Is it possible she is expiring? The trichs are mostly cloudy now, some clear, a tiny amount have gone amber. I guess it could be a deficiency as I re-potted her in a mostly peat potting mix. It is my understanding there are 0 nutes in peat. Could she have presented a deficiency in a matter of a couple days? I'm beginning to seriously consider chopping her. I wanted to let her go long for more of a CBD experience but if she's going to slowly expire, I feel like I ought to give her the chop. Or am I just being impatient here at the end after the long long wait, should I just sit on my hands for another 2 weeks? Give her some water and molasses and continue to wait? Thoughts on the yellowing?

I watered her with PH'd water and molasses tonight.

Well, 2 of the 3 last waterings. So, 2ish weeks. But the last one included some nutes as I was confounded by the still mostly clear trichs. As I look now, they have turned to mostly coudy as I said, so I am back to flush mode with a molasses boost. When the trichs start to go, how long do they take to go amber? Guess it all depends on strain + conditions etc. etc. Either way, I guess back to sitting on my hands huh? I don't want to eff it up by chopping her early and end up with a punchy no fun smoke.

My opinion. I believe since you started the flush, then added nutes. I'm assuming full strength. By doing this it burnt her some. I bonly say this because you can see the burnt leafs, but also can see natural yellowing. Which happens when you flush. I would say keep flushing like you are. Again just my o o opinion.

YUP, thats what ima gonna do. She can't have 3 weeks left. Probably not 2 so I'm just going to give her water to flush and wait out the trichomes. If they are all mostly cloudy now, it won't be long till I've got 20-30% amber which is when I had planned on harvesting. I'm feeling just a little murderous when it comes to this bitch. It's been a loooooong ride. I have learned a ton from her, mostly to leave her alone and let time do its thing.

So I'm watching her trichs on a nightly basis now. They are definitely all cloudy. MAYBE there is a clear one here and there. There are also the odd little area of 3-5 amber ones as well. I'm pretty sure she is day to day. The latest and last pot I have put her in drains well so I added more water and molasses today. She seems to have really gained in sparkly trichs over the entire bud area and the smell is super pungent now. Really piney and nice. I'm hoping she is in the swell period I have heard about. Pretty much the last surge in plantness, a final push to reproduce making the buds stronger, bigger and stinkier. They don't seem to have grown much/any but there seems more "crystals" all over.
We'll see how fast the trichs go amber. She might not be long for this world.

20141014_003148-1-1_1_.jpg

20141014_003849-2.jpg

20141014_003148.jpg

So not having a harvest ever before and after reading everyone under the sun's opinion on when to chop her down, I decided to do it in a series to do a final experiment with ol' Xp-1 here. There is a total of 7 little budsites so I will snip one every 3 to 5 days. I plan to dry them and cure them all the same way so any differences that arise should be due to time left on the vine. Right now this first little buddy had all but a very few trichs that were cloudy. One or two were even amber.
As it is more arid where I am drying than humid, I am actually going to dry super slowly in a small container that I can burp several times a day. As well as check for smell and bounce back.

Check that. She had 6 total little bud sites. I am down to 5 now. Watered her tonight. Trichs still no further in the amber. Anyone know what the cloudy and amber actually is? I thought it might just be contaminants in the air catching in and changing the color of the sticky trichomes. If the high changes though then it must be chemical huh?

Well, it looks as though the plant is telling me, its time. What is left of the leaves (that I didn't defoliate or burn up with nutes) seems to be drying up and turning yellow. Post a pic later. Trichs are all cloudy but not too many are amber. I really wanted to go longer but alas she does not want to. I will probably take her down tonight.

Back
Top Bottom