Alaskan Thunderfuck - ATF, MTF, MVTF

Matanuska Valley Thunder Fuck

Sometimes incorrectly called Alaskan ThunderFuck or Matanuska ThunderFuck and for awhile in the 1970s they were in fact the same thing. Lower 48 usually called it ATF because none of the stoners could pronounce Matanuska. A Sativa brought to Alaska by way of California in the late 60's - early 1970's.

In the late 70's - early 80's some 'tard thought it might be good to cross this Sativa with an Indica...not a bad idea but they forgot to keep the original Sativa strain around... hence "tard"

99.9% of the clones and buds you see out there called ATF, MTF or MVTF are all the same MVTF / Indica crossbreed or variations of the same.

They are NOT the real MVTF, ATF or MTF... PERIOD.

Kinda like the Acapulco Gold strains going around now, close but not the real thing.......

My mothers oldest brother lived in the Matanuska Valley area since he got out of the Army in 1968. I got to visit him many times in the 70's and 80's. He was an old hippie after the military... my favorite Uncle. Sadly he died falling off of a mountain path near there a couple of years ago. They think he started having a heart attack then fell. A hiking path he walked every single Saturday for 40 years.......baked. :joint: He made it into his late 70's and had a nice, peacefully stoned life. My Aunt is still messed up from his death, they were high school sweethearts married 50+years.

:rip: Uncle John

My Uncle John told me a few times that it could still be found but that most of what is out there called MVTF is not the real thing. The long quoted post up there ^^^ about the 30 year old from Matanuska is very close to what my Uncle told me about MVTF.... The REAL Matanuska Valley Thunder Fuck is Sativa dominant not Indica.

:peace:
WillyB

:thumb: YEP:!!! :tokin:

Now my question is, how do I get ATF in Portlamd, Oregon? It is my favorite next to Maui Waui!! MTF is not the same and is like any other strand IMO I'm looking for a grower currently because I dislike the "cafe" dispensaries since they are charging dealer prices.. Shouldn't be like that because most of us that use medicinal marijuana don't work and live on SSDI and have low income. I might get a lot and my husband works and makes good money but I know a lot of people that can't afford these outrages prices. Needs more growers available for us that just can't afford to do the "cafe's".
Thank you for posting the ATF questions, if you do have seeds or clones and in Oregon l, I would love to get a hold of it. I might have to take a trip up to Alaska soon :cheer:

An old co-worker in Alaska I was raised in matanuska Valley claims when he was in the Navy early 70s a few of them brought a few strains back from the Philippines and did some crossing and then the MTF was created basically any chronic shit grown in the valley was MTF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420

An old co-worker in Alaska I was raised in matanuska Valley claims when he was in the Navy early 70s a few of them brought a few strains back from the Philippines and did some crossing and then the MTF was created basically any chronic shit grown in the valley was MTF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420

I'm here in Alaska as I have been since 1961 and have been getting high here since I got back from my tour of duty for the USA in the Army. I have some MTF Growing in my house right now and if you people would like to see a photo of it I'll be glad to post one here for ya

I'm here in Alaska as I have been since 1961 and have been getting high here since I got back from my tour of duty for the USA in the Army. I have some MTF Growing in my house right now and if you people would like to see a photo of it I'll be glad to post one here for ya

I would love to see a picture of your MTF. I got some ATF seeds (yes I know they aren't the original strain, but i love ATF so I am giving them a try and will likely try to breed for some seeds soon).

Back
Top Bottom