All Pistils No Bud: Northern Lights Auto

Which is why you use fabric pots.
Large fairly tall fabric pots with well aerated soil sitting on a pot elevator pretty much wicks water out of the soil so there is very little if any perched water.
Also to keep any possibly of anaerobic soil from happening anywhere in the soil layers is one of the reasons why I use Bokashi and Lactobacillus.
Also super oxygenating your water helps.

I see that you plan on putting "rock ball" in the bottom of your totes. I used to use rocks or gravel of some sort too. After doing a bunch of research, I no longer believe that to be a good idea. It actually does two things that you don't want in your container. First it reduces the amount of soil/grow medium available to your plants. Secondly, it raises the "Perched Water Table" in your container. This is an area of your soil that is always wet and from which the water will not drain and where roots have a hard time growing. I'll link to an article that explains it better than I can. Good luck with your grow.

Hey thank you for all this information, I will definitely give the article a read. We’ve already transferred them to the bigger tubs minus the rock balls or more so clay balls. Even with having the balls in the bottom of the other ones we still drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom cause we didn’t want water to sit stagnant. Thank you again

@Corinne420 Good luck on your grow. You said that you wanted to get fabric pots but your husband wanted tubs/buckets, so you got buckets. I've been married to my wife for over 35 years and I realized long ago that the two most important words a husband can say to his wife are "Yes dear." Don't worry, he'll come around. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

@Nunyabiz For some reason, it never dawned on me until reading your post, of the self-wicking nature of fabric pots. I knew they were good for drawing in air to the roots and such. Thanks for pointing that out. :thumb:

@Corinne420 Good luck on your grow. You said that you wanted to get fabric pots but your husband wanted tubs/buckets, so you got buckets. I've been married to my wife for over 35 years and I realized long ago that the two most important words a husband can say to his wife are "Yes dear." Don't worry, he'll come around. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

@Nunyabiz For some reason, it never dawned on me until reading your post, of the self-wicking nature of fabric pots. I knew they were good for drawing in air to the roots and such. Thanks for pointing that out. :thumb:
Welcome.
Not only does the pot itself wick excess water out, (as long as it's on a pot elevator with good airflow) but because the root system is many many times thicker with tons of feeder roots the plant drinks more water than if they were in a plastic pot.

Yes I thought it’d be neat to try em out since we never have before. Oh I don’t know, we’ve been together since 99 lol I think he’s pretty set in his ways, which is fine cause I looove his ways lol. Anyways thank you for the good luck its greatly appreciated. I should have a journal about them soon

I just had a similar issue. I was growing GG#4 and switched over to 12/12 and things were going great until I was at the EXACT same point you're at and everything got stalled. I went on this sight for the first time and Weaselcracker told me to check my timer and sure enough I think it was turning on for .just a few minutes during the dark period but that was enough to totally throw off the timing. I reset it and went on vacation for a week and when I returned I'm getting into bud city! All is good!!

I noticed that some of the pistils are already turning colour. Just a guess but I'm afraid you might have some strange undesirable genetics here.. I doubt the buds will swell and grow much more.
Yes I’ve been noticing that as well. You very well could be correct, I’m definitely hoping that’s not the case though. We shall see. I have my fingers crossed.

I just had a similar issue. I was growing GG#4 and switched over to 12/12 and things were going great until I was at the EXACT same point you're at and everything got stalled. I went on this sight for the first time and Weaselcracker told me to check my timer and sure enough I think it was turning on for .just a few minutes during the dark period but that was enough to totally throw off the timing. I reset it and went on vacation for a week and when I returned I'm getting into bud city! All is good!!
I’m glad to hear your plant had a great turnaround. I certainly hope I’m dealing with the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom