More light at bud sites

bracer

This plant is super bushy is it a problem that there’s almost no light on any of the preflowers? Some started getting pistils while they were still in the light but I’ve noticed new pistils have stopped growing recently.

E19BF950-D0B8-46FD-87E8-3019E9D74DBA.jpeg

What Bush Doctor says, fill the pot up to within an inch (2-3 cm) of the rim.

What we save in soil or artificial growing mixes ends up costing us a lot more in smaller and fewer buds when flowering time comes.

The plant looks healthy so far and it is a long ways from being bushy. Show us a photo of what it looks like the week before it starts the flowering cycle.

Hey Bracer!

What is your light schedule, have you flipped this one yet?

There is no reason to trim leaves on that plant at this time, she is really not that bushy at all. She needs the leaves to collect light, light is her food - nutes are vitamin pills. Leaves also help with absorbing water and where she stores nutes. Helps with transpiration or shedding of moisture.

Hey Bracer!

What is your light schedule, have you flipped this one yet?

There is no reason to trim leaves on that plant at this time, she is really not that bushy at all. She needs the leaves to collect light, light is her food - nutes are vitamin pills. Leaves also help with absorbing water and where she stores nutes. Helps with transpiration or shedding of moisture.
Light is 18/6 still, this plant is only like a foot and a half tall I don’t wanna flip til it’s like 3 feet since I have lots of vertical room

Also I guess this isn’t really bushy, my frame of reference is kinda skewed cause I’ve only grown one other plant ever and it was super spread out with full light coverage on all parts, unlike this one

What Bush Doctor says, fill the pot up to within an inch (2-3 cm) of the rim.

What we save in soil or artificial growing mixes ends up costing us a lot more in smaller and fewer buds when flowering time comes.

The plant looks healthy so far and it is a long ways from being bushy. Show us a photo of what it looks like the week before it starts the flowering cycle.
This is a 12 gallon pot filled 90% of the way, I figured there was so much soil already it didn’t really make a difference

Light is 18/6 still, this plant is only like a foot and a half tall I don’t wanna flip til it’s like 3 feet since I have lots of vertical room

Is your grow light really strong/intense? If not, then waiting until your plant is 3' tall - and will probably stretch 2x to 3x (unless it's a sativa :rofl: ) on top of that, during the first 40% of the flowering period (aka "the stretch") - might be somewhat counterproductive. Unless it's the only plant in your garden, I suppose, and you're planning to gradually spread it out to cover a large area instead of allowing the length of the plant to be 100% vertical. Or... IDK, you're using a double-ended 1,000-watt HPS. They're pretty strong ;).

I have a 5 1/2 ft Santa Marta Gold in a 7 gal grow bag under a 1000w led. Feed her right,:morenutes: keep her well watered, with proper light schedule and she will get there.:yummy:

How old is she BTW? For a photo plant I would recommend at least 6 weeks veg. I waited until I saw signs of sex also.

I have a 5 1/2 ft Santa Marta Gold in a 7 gal grow bag under a 1000w led. Feed her right,:morenutes: keep her well watered, with proper light schedule and she will get there.:yummy:

How old is she BTW? For a photo plant I would recommend at least 6 weeks veg. I waited until I saw signs of sex also.
It’s under a 1000w led right now. This plant is 8 weeks old, but I kept it rootbound in a small pot for nearly two weeks while I was waiting to sex my bigger plant (I only want one at a time so was planning on killing this plant if other was female but other was male so back to this plant). Basically even though it’s 8 weeks old it made nearly 0 growth in its rootbound period so in terms of growth I’d say it’s maybe 3 weeks into veg. It’s also definitely sexed as female already.

Unless thats an optical illusion that V shaped pot is barely over half full.
Probably most of your sadness is from 5 weeks of being root bound.
Which if it gets big enough it could get root bound again in flower.
I would strongly suggest 15 gallon fabric pots in the future and filled to the brim.
And I would start spreading it out some and keep it low.

Back
Top Bottom