Bud development

am24

im growing 3 og kush (royal queen seeds) in scrog, they growing in coco with advance nutrients line.
they were veg for about 6 weeks and went into flower 4
weeks ago, the problem is...i switch the light almost 4 week
ago(starting week 5) and just now the pistils showig up.
its important to say the plants looks amazig, all the
screen is allready full and horizontally! beautiful green leaves, no
signs of any deficiencies, the distance from the bulb is great (osram 600 w, 16 inch from canopy) and the temprature and humidity as well!

so... dont you think there is problem?? or maybe its just worries...
the flowering cycle start from when i switched the light ? or when the pistils start to showing up...??

Ya thats funny i have grown OG kush and i see pistils around week 2 and by week 5 there buds packing on. If everything things a good as your saying with your grow I'm thinking its root bound it must have out grown the pot and now its stunt the growth. What type of pots and size are you using when i flower i use 5gallon or more bigger the better if you have the room

Hi bro.
Im growing in 3 Air pots (6 gallon for pot).
Im pretty sure my roots are great because the pots are amazing!!!
In the end of week 3 i pulled down all the fan leaves that was above the nodes and hide them. Just After i did that i noticed a fast change in the bud production..maybe i did it a bit late.

What do u think??

Hi bro.
Im growing in 3 Air pots (6 gallon for pot).
Im pretty sure my roots are great because the pots are amazing!!!
In the end of week 3 i pulled down all the fan leaves that was above the nodes and hide them. Just After i did that i noticed a fast change in the bud production..maybe i did it a bit late.

What do u think??

LOL Bro I'm a girl but don't worry its all the same to me lol:cheer: but ya its not your roots then 6 gallon smart pods are sweet they help feed air to the roots so this is a question for the big guy on the from they know :adore:whats going on like you said the humility is good the temp,pods,PH, ect...... what type of light are you using LED CFL HPS any pics as the big guys are going to ask so beat them to it :blunt:

I recently ran into the same issue at the beginning of my first grow. I had one plant stunted during veg due to unknown circumstances. I put them all into flower at the same time and 3 of them took off while the other was behind on its flowering phase. I put her into the flower room before she showed sex which I think added a week or two to my flowering phase. I also transplanted her the day of flowering which probably added to the issue. As of today she is nine weeks old and doing fantastic. she's coming down next week.

My guess is that you started flowering before she showed her preflowers. Another possibility is that she was stunted or stressed when you put them into flowering. Light leaks are another possibility but for all 3 plants to be doing the same thing it would have to be a huge light leak. Either way they will be just fine and might take a couple more weeks than expected.

Serpent, sorry I've just seen now your profile pic..my bad. And seriously, its happier to get advise from a women in those issues for sure!
Im using 600 w osram hps for veg ana flowering..

Twox, your first option not possible cause they veg for 6 weeks and show signs of pistils befor the 12/12..
Light lack not possible as well because the distance from canopy is 16 inch(600 w).
Maybe a stress could be the problem..i removed the bottom leaves in the begging of week 2.
A very confusing issue

It could very simply be genetic for that strain. If everything appears in good health and you are not showing any signs of deficiencies I would not sweat it and keep doing what your doing. The only thing I would suggest is you double check your timer for your lights and verify they are actually on a 12/12 schedule. I know a friend of mine was complaining about his plants not showing signs of flowers in 2 weeks and when I checked his timer he had not switch it to 12/12 it was like 15/9 or some weird schedule like that. Guess he was a bit baked when he did the flip. If timer is good, then do nothing and just pay attention to the plant to tell you when it is close to harvest since your time schedule is a bit wonky.

I've seen OGK listed as both sativa and indica dominant. There are also a bunch of phenos marketed different than the main strain. Cannabis is a pretty awesome plant that grows at a wide latitude range. Think about equatorial sativas that grow, flower, and reveg throughout a multi year cycle. I'm guessing its just genetics. I bet if you flowered at 11/13 she would have kicked off in a week. I bet adding 3 weeks onto an already 6 week veg raised havoc with your space. As mentioned earlier, you'll just need to add a couple extra weeks to your plans. Post a pic... I'd love to see them. Bro. Lol

I've seen OGK listed as both sativa and indica dominant. There are also a bunch of phenos marketed different than the main strain. Cannabis is a pretty awesome plant that grows at a wide latitude range. Think about equatorial sativas that grow, flower, and reveg throughout a multi year cycle. I'm guessing its just genetics. I bet if you flowered at 11/13 she would have kicked off in a week. I bet adding 3 weeks onto an already 6 week veg raised havoc with your space. As mentioned earlier, you'll just need to add a couple extra weeks to your plans. Post a pic... I'd love to see them. Bro. Lol

That's what I plan on doing tomorrow going to 11/13.

content://media/external/file/10882content://media/external/file/10883content://media/external/file/10884content://media/external/file/10885content://media/external/file/10886

Hi guys. Why i cant upload pictures from my mobile??
I can see the roots from the bottom of the pots. Maybe its a root bound? And if it is ,what should i do?

OG that's an great call on checking the timer. It can be very hard to know if your timer is doing what it should unless, unless you actually go in there and check it turns off and on when it's supposed to. Like many people, I've had malfunctions, and didn't notice for several days that a timer was stuck permanently 'on'. I only got suspicious and checked during lights out because of the increased water consumption.

Thanks guys. The timer is fine, i won't change the 12/12, dont want to damage the yield.
Maybe they got stress befor.
Advise for the new scrog grower.. Cut the bottom leaves just during the veg period.

Back
Top Bottom