Almost Gave up on these, but

Well,9 more days have gone by-buds are fattening up nicely,and starting to see the first signs of amber trichs-I'm thinking she may only have 2 weeks to live....
Hard to tell,but those top buds are about 8 or 10 inches long

keeper.jpg

Here's a view of the buds from "the other side"of the plant...

keeper2.jpg

8/23/14-Gave her a "haircut" to let the sun work her magic on the lower parts of the buds for the next week or so,(I know...shoulda done it sooner)...until she makes "The Ultimate Sacrifice"at the end of the month.
Will post up more pix at harvest time....
That'll make it a little over 9 weeks since I spotted the first pistils on 6/21

82314.jpg

82314_3.jpg

82314_2.jpg

12589.JPG

Where'd she go?..Well,today ended up being harvest day,so she's here now:

21745.jpg

(water bottle added for scale)-still alot of trimming to do,I'll nibble away at it as she dries out-didn't have the 3 hours it's gonna take to do it all at once.
Buds are about 15" long,went almost all the way to the ground

31545.jpg

Next time you see her she'll be in jars.

To answer the nute question-MiracleGro,regular and bloom booster,with a tad of epsom salts and cheleated iron added every other watering-I know the consensus on MiracleGo is that it sucks,but I didn't find that to be true with this crop...

Well,the way she is right now,17 ounces wet and semi-trimmed,but with the drying and trimming still to do,I'm figuring the end yield at about 17-20% of the wet weight,so I'll probably end up with about 3 oz. or a little less in the curing jars.
I quick dried a little bottom bud and gave her a try...I'm very happy with the result (not the taste yet-quick drying makes bud taste like feet,IMO) after a good 30 day cure,she's going to be memorable,I think.
I'll post up some dry bud pics in a week or so-
I've got 30 more seeds from her dwarf mom,so I may try again-she DOES have a looonnnng grow time though(planted February 5/harvested August 25)

Ended up with 3.75oz,which is enough to last me a year or so-So,the story of the mutant volunteer plants comes to an end...at least for now.
Actually,the smaller of the 2 plants started to hermie a bit toward the end-could've plucked off the male flowers but I kind of want to see what a few seeds will produce next year,so far I've shaken out about 8 .
So we'll see what happens with them next year.
I'm more than satisfied with the quality,in fact it's the best I've ever smoked(but I haven't really smoked that many different strains)-it does beat the Blue Mystic &Kerala Krush that I also grew this year....
Here's a sampling of the buds on their way into the jars for a month or 2.
Had to cut all the buds into fairly small nugs,because they were so dense that bud rot was going to happen if I didn't(did lose a couple grams to it)
12593.jpg

31549.jpg

41193.jpg

21749.jpg

Back
Top Bottom