Almost Harvest Time?

Aurora1887

hi everyone! This is our first crop and just was hoping for some insight on timing... these girls are in the middle of week 6 of 12/12. I think they need another of 7 to 10 days along with a flush... would you agree? If not, what are your suggestions?

20200621_205941.jpg20200621_113753.jpg20200621_111946.jpg20200618_153604.jpg

A few weeks at least. Get you a jewelers loupe so you can look at the trichomes. Also, are you referring to only giving your plants plain water for the last couple weeks of flower as flushing? If so, think about this. First it is proven that you cannot flush nutrients out of buds. Second the buds put a lot of weight on in the last couple of weeks. So why would you starve the plants of the nutrients it needs to finish? Food for thought

A few weeks at least. Get you a jewelers loupe so you can look at the trichomes. Also, are you referring to only giving your plants plain water for the last couple weeks of flower as flushing? If so, think about this. First it is proven that you cannot flush nutrients out of buds. Second the buds put a lot of weight on in the last couple of weeks. So why would you starve the plants of the nutrients it needs to finish? Food for thought
Because the reading I've done says it makes it less harsh, and also not watering for a couple days at the end might cause them to plump up in a last ditch effort to save itself. I haven't read as much on NOT flushing, i guess I need to do more reading! I have defoliated and I feel like that helps

Flushing (end of life) is old science and your plant will thank you for NOT cutting off it's food for the last week of it's life. If it needs to cut off nutrients, it will. If it needs to steal them from leaves, it will do that as well. So far I have found no negative effects on taste. In fact I believe the only way to max out the harvest weight is to feed til the end. I DO cut off all water for 72 hours before harvest, and I believe that has helped with the final push on trichomes turning amber. Everyone has their way, but some of the best growers here showed me a better way, and it works. No more flushing for me.

Flushing (end of life) is old science and your plant will thank you for NOT cutting off it's food for the last week of it's life. If it needs to cut off nutrients, it will. If it needs to steal them from leaves, it will do that as well. So far I have found no negative effects on taste. In fact I believe the only way to max out the harvest weight is to feed til the end. I DO cut off all water for 72 hours before harvest, and I believe that has helped with the final push on trichomes turning amber. Everyone has their way, but some of the best growers here showed me a better way, and it works. No more flushing for me.
Thank you!! I think I will leave one plant water only flush till the end as an experiment and the other 3 I will keep feeding, regular bloom nutes? Don't change the strength Im using? I use the general hydroponics trio

Thank you!! I think I will leave one plant water only flush till the end as an experiment and the other 3 I will keep feeding, regular bloom nutes? Don't change the strength Im using? I use the general hydroponics trio
Good idea, I'm currently doing a similar comparison grow (did flush the last one of these I grew, not flushing this one) and a great way to know for sure. I use MegaCrop but yes I feed full strength (with supplements) all the way to the end. I haven't used the GH trio in several years but I personally feel like if it's not burning the plant, the plant wants it all. I have overdone the GH flora micro before and definitely sizzled the leaves, but it's pretty evident when it's happening. The best thing I ever did was listen to these growers and take a chance...

Some of the best tasting weed comes from organic grows, where the plant is fed to the end by the soil. The only reason to flush a plant is because of overfeeding, and removing any built up salts from the soil.
In this context a "salt" has nothing to do with table salt (sodium chloride), it's a specific type chemical compound. If you google "what is a salt in chemistry" you'll find plenty of information.
Technically most of the nutrients we give our plants are salts.

Yes thats what I was learning, flush was for overfeeding, so it makes sense if they're not overfed no need to flush. I was surprised to learn the minerals never leave the buds regardless of flush or no flush. Very interesting

Back
Top Bottom