Am I close to harvest? 1st Time Grower

jsmokint

Hi all, I have 2 BD plants that have done pretty well in this outdoor experiment of mine. They have been in flower about 7 weeks. I looked at the trichs as advised by many threads but don't know for sure whether I am close or not. I've attached pictures if anyone can help me it is greatly appreciated. Don't want to harvest too early as BD supposed to be 8-9 weeks in flower but definitely don't want to wait too long and lose potency. Also, many have stated you can go maybe 10-11 weeks but not sure if that's safe. Thanks again and happy growing.

2015-09-23_08_24_20.jpg
2015-09-23_08_24_11.jpg
2015-09-23_08_23_57.jpg
2015-09-23_08_23_47.jpg

Do you have a pocket microscope? You need to look at them close up more so then these pictures. I think you got some time yet tho due to the fact you hairs are still white and they haven't receded back yet.

Knew going another week or so. I do some Amber but there is still plenty of milky and white pistils. If you notice that the hairs begin to retracted you'll be closer to the finish.
Harvesting too early can be as bad as too late. But from what I can see here you have a week or so left.

To echo the others here. Yes, you are at least 2 weeks away. Most of the pistils need to turn dark and shrivel up. When you see no more white hairs being produced and the majority of the trichomes are cloudy, you cut.

I have the same question. Mine has 4 weeks into flowering. I saw some Amber on a few buds throughout the plant. These pictures are the best I could get with the magnifier. Thoughts?

IMG_20150924_164248274.jpg
IMG_20150924_164345813.jpg
IMG_20150924_165305497.jpg

Well imo you still got some time left especially since its only 4 weeks into flower as far as trichomes go too hard to see them in the picture. I started out with a magnifying glass but soon learned it was too hard for me to see the trichomes clearly so i spent the 15 bucks for a pocket microscope and im glad i did. It might seem trivial and I get it why spend money when you can get by right well now I'm on the other side of the fence and trust me its worth every penny for the microscope. Three things that growers need in their tool kit 1 pocket microscope 2 ph pen 3 TDS meter. I was skeptical at first too but i understand their importance now that I have them lol. Im gonna stop rambling now peace lol

Back
Top Bottom