Am I ready for harvest? First time grow

rn209

Hi everyone, this is my first time growing and I was planning on harvesting next weekend. Am I harvesting too early? She is in week 7-8, bagseed so unknown strain but I can tell its an indica due to the fat fan leaves, grown in soil and under 600w mh/hps, been flushing her for the pass 4-5 days. I have hard time trying to look into a microscope so I can't check trichomes but the pistils are about 50-60% brown.
0121109.jpg
014903.jpg
013998.jpg
015815.jpg

All picture is from the same plant. :thanks:

Hmmm. I'd probably wait at least another week and let the flushing take more effect, as it is so green. If I saw positive effects in the bud maturation after a week- I might wait another, and so on. It doesn't mean you have to keep flushing like crazy during this time- unless you think your growing medium is very high in nutrient, which it looks like it might have been. Also- 40% white pistils sounds like a lot still.

Hi rn209,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and commumity of folks that gathers here. Congrats on getting your girls to this stage!!!!

In the photos provided, I'm not sure I'm seeing a plant that is very close to complete at all. The budsites appear really under developed at the moment. When you say week 7-8, is that since changing the lights to 12/12?

I know you mentioned the photo's are from the same plant. Are there other budsites that perhaps appear further along in their development?

Be well and happy growing

Hmmm. I'd probably wait at least another week and let the flushing take more effect, as it is so green. If I saw positive effects in the bud maturation after a week- I might wait another, and so on. It doesn't mean you have to keep flushing like crazy during this time- unless you think your growing medium is very high in nutrient, which it looks like it might have been. Also- 40% white pistils sounds like a lot still.

Thanks I think I'll give her more time to flush. The fan leaves are starting to yellow.

Hi rn209,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and commumity of folks that gathers here. Congrats on getting your girls to this stage!!!!

In the photos provided, I'm not sure I'm seeing a plant that is very close to complete at all. The budsites appear really under developed at the moment. When you say week 7-8, is that since changing the lights to 12/12?

I know you mentioned the photo's are from the same plant. Are there other budsites that perhaps appear further along in their development?

Be well and happy growing

I do mean 7-8 weeks since changing to 12/12 but she was showing sex before the switch and those are the most developed budsite on the plant. Thank you for replying.

I agree that they look very underdeveloped. I figure it's from some grow issues. They don't look like they're small just because they're immature. You've already started flushing. Would they grow bigger and better buds if you went back to feeding? Maybe. I don't know... You could try it. If they were mine I'd go with very light feedings, or water only for the rest of the grow to let them finish clean and do better next time. They won't get bigger when wound down to finish, but they might well get much better, whereas trying to feed them more might not make them better. If this makes sense, lol. Anyway- just my 2 cents. Never had much luck turning plants around after issues at 8 weeks flowering.

Back
Top Bottom