Reading Emilia’s post several times,
I ended up feeling that the surface is dry
But it’s still wet deep down
So I sprayed 250 ml of ph water
With calmag and some root microbes mixed in
I think she likes it

IMG_4781.jpeg

Interestingly there’s no specific reason why I did

People who do outdoor vegetable gardens and mulch usually do so for two reasons: 1. Discourage weeds 2. Retain soil moisture. As cannabis likes to dry out between waterings, mulching indoors may do more harm than good. Indoor gardening often starts with sanitized or composted soil, so weeds are normally not an issue. I get an occasional weed sprout and just pull it.

Reading Emilia’s post
The strength of Emilya's method is that it helps develop the root structure, thereby countering the stage just after the seedling breaks soil where it seems like nothing is happening for a week or so. However, much is happening below the surface as the root system is becoming established.

The strength of Emilya's method is that it helps develop the root structure, thereby countering the stage just after the seedling breaks soil where it seems like nothing is happening for a week or so. However, much is happening below the surface as the root system is becoming established.
True,
Having to stop myself from watering for over two weeks has been an anxiety provoking experience 😱

It does however look different from my typical grows 🤕

I did several meaningless steps, like the mulch with this one, not sure if the result is random or if the process is working for it

Too soon to tell I guess

Another option for determining when to water is a moisture meeter. Moisture meters have received a lot of bad press, and justifiably so. Relying on just a moisture meeter alone is a bad idea; it should be used in conjunction with other methods such as weighing the growing container before/after watering. Once I've determined it's time to water, I force myself to wait another day or two. However, if the plant starts wilting for lack of water, I know I've waited too long. Overwatering often shows in the form of yellowing leaf tips.

On another note, looks like Barney's has some good genetics based on the appearance of your baby girl. I've been getting my seeds elsewhere, and the ladies have shown some inconsistency. My grow before last resulted in buds that looked very much like White Widow which was not what they were supposed to be, although it was great smoke. My last grow, four girls, looked very different from each other, more so than you might expect from simply different genotypes. Temp, humidity, soil, nutes and lighting was all the same.

Whatever it takes until you get familiar with your medium at various stages of the wet/dry cycle
Good post, great advice, very succinct. "A picture is worth a thousand words." The only thing I would add is let your plants "talk" to you. They'll tell you what they need once you learn their language.

I tend to get wordy. Occupational hazard.

So grow team, are we topping this baby?
Not a good idea to top autos. Takes them too long to recover; that's one of the disadvantages of autos - unlike photos, we can't keep them in veg for as long as we want. Autos will often start flowering within 3-4 weeks following sprout. Use LST (Low Stress Training) instead; it won't set them back. I usually start LST after the fourth or fifth node.

How many hours pre day is your light on?

Not a good idea to top autos. Takes them too long to recover; that's one of the disadvantages of autos - unlike photos, we can't keep them in veg for as long as we want. Autos will often start flowering within 3-4 weeks following sprout. Use LST (Low Stress Training) instead; it won't set them back. I usually start LST after the fourth or fifth node.

How many hours pre day is your light on?
Yeah I wasn’t going to top unless someone offered to take responsibility :)

18 - 6, do you advise more?

18 - 6, do you advise more?
You're fine. Some say more than 18 hour per day is a waste, as the plant can't use more light than that. I do 18/6.

In your photo of earlier today it looks like she's just putting out her fourth set of leaves. I'd start LST when she's just putting out her fifth set. It'll be tough slipping the LST wire in between the fourth and fifth set in order to bend the lady over a bit, but within a day the plant's response will be, "Time to send out branches!"

Plant is looking nice, not sure about that hay though, if you're doing w/d cycle you kinda want your pot to dry out fast enough again and prevent a wet bottom center.. I'd also layer the pots with perlite & soil alternating like Bill284 does that worked really well to be able to feed the plant often.
I started growing Barney's as well outside and inside and I can't complain at all, plants grow fast and big with nice buds even so much that I won't be growing the free seeds I get with orders anymore and just give those away and put a Barney's instead, next up is Skittlez OG Auto.

Medicalme do you just bend the top until the effect sets in and then let her rise again? or do you keep guiding the bud and the rest on a screen?

@Bill284 is my first mentor and only fan 😎
Then you're set :D
The pics have an ASMR effect!

How do you find the air pots compared to fabric pots?
Oh fabric pots all the way.. now airpots do work great when it comes to root pruning but if you get an infestation with something that flies and lives in the ground it's impossible to get rid off there's a zillion holes they can get in and out of, with a fabric pot you can treat the upper layer and they have to pass through there to get out.
So I prefer fabric over airpot as I had them turn into insect hotels twice, my collection of pots is becoming quite something aquafarm, hydrobuckets, regular pots, airpots, fabric pots of different sizes and none of them get used anymore as now it's SIP pots.. and those seem to be fantastically idiotproof for growing so I just ordered more smaller ones.

do you just bend the top until the effect sets in and then let her rise again? or do you keep guiding the bud and the rest on a screen?
I keep it (them) tied down until eventually the plant is trained to grow that way and then I can remove the "tie down." Having a lot of tie downs makes it had to water evenly as they get in the way.

By "on a screen" I do you mean like "SOG?"

Back
Top Bottom