An Imperfect First Grow

Mat1111

For a multitude of reasons I've decided my first grow will be outside on my patio. I don't get a particularly high amount of direct sunlight but I'm determined to make the best of this.

1x Northern Lights Auto - Dr Ray
1x Formula One Auto - Dr Ray
1x Jack Herer Auto - Fastbuds

4 gallon smart Pots
BioBizz All Mix
Tap water and sunlight for now!

We are currently in a heatwave so looking at temps between 85 and 91 this week. When I'm home I can probably get them about 8hrs of direct sunlight max.

IMG_5636.JPG

Unfortunately I'll be away for 6 days so I need to figure out how to keep them alive. The options I've come up with so far are -

1 - Outside - Electric timer with drip system, 4oz/120ml once per day
2 - Outside - Soak the pots then a mid trip water from the drip system
3 - Inside - Soak the pots then leave them near the window and hope for the best.

I'm slightly worried about the heat if I leave them outside but if they stay inside they won't have any water until I get back in 6 days.

Thoughts?

Hey Mat,

Welcome to :420:!

That's a pretty small plant for such a big pot and there is almost no chance it will use all of the water in 6 days if you thoroughly watered the pot. You could put some mulch on top of the soil to help minimize the evaporation. Even a layer of grass clippings would work if you don't have access to finished compost or something like that, just don't put it right up against the stem.

Normally you would want to water only enough to get the seedlings established but, like you say, your's is not the ideal situation.

I would say that from your list of options I would choose Option #1. You definitely don't want to soak the whole pot with that small of a seedling. And, if you have an option of something less than 4 oz I would do that. Many growers here are using eye droppers to water their seedlings at least until it gets a set or two of true leaves.

And, although probably too late now, on your next grow fill that container with more of yor mix. You are giving away valuable real estate for roots that will power your grow. Many of us like to start them off in a Solo cup and then up pot a couple of times before getting to your final pot.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom