Another curling leaf post

travaile

hello all newbie to board and growing.. i have a plant that has leaves curling under at the sides. have a suspicion that it might be nitrogen toxicity or over watering. i will post pics below. leaves have no brown spots or yellowing.. ph runoff is below my test strips range. i misted and flushed plant several times before taking cuttings and re potted right after to a larger pot. roots were white and all through the soil. have flushed soil once. it doesn't look like anything i have seen on this board so far. anyone have any ideas. plant is two months old and in vegetative stage. fed nutes right after re potting at 1/4 strength. have used this mix throughout its growing period and havent had problems until now.

08211316031.jpg
0821131603a1.jpg

need this first! should be able to fix with these answers! looks good so far

Are you sure it is a girl?

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

hello all newbie to board and growing.. i have a plant that has leaves curling under at the sides. have a suspicion that it might be nitrogen toxicity or over watering. i will post pics below. leaves have no brown spots or yellowing.. ph runoff is below my test strips range. i misted and flushed plant several times before taking cuttings and re potted right after to a larger pot. roots were white and all through the soil. have flushed soil once. it doesn't look like anything i have seen on this board so far. anyone have any ideas. plant is two months old and in vegetative stage. fed nutes right after re potting at 1/4 strength. have used this mix throughout its growing period and havent had problems until now.

Right there is your problem. PH is to low. Low PH causes twisted leaves. Next you will develop signs of nutrient lock out which will vary depending on what gets locked out.

Flush with x2 the water of you pot size. Then give it a light fertilization 1/4 to 1/2 strength.

not sure of gender yet still in veg stage. guessing its sativa. seeds given to me variety not known by benefactor. been in veg stage about one month. indoor grow by soil. will have to get mix tomorow. i think half gallon pot. using cfl 75 watt. plenty of venting. temp at 70f humidity 60 cant tell ph as its below my scale on test strips. no pests except ocaasional small flies that i get rid of when i check on it. watered every two to three days. using schultz fert. will get info on that tomorrow. thanks for helping trichomes and scarfinger68.

additional info my mix is 30% schultz perlite to 70% black gold all purpose potting soil.
fert is schultz 10-15-10
suggested is 7 drops per quart. i used 4 drops per gallon.
contains

Ammoniacal nitrogen
nitrate nitrogen
urea nitrogen
Potassium Phosphates
Potassium Nitrate
Iron EDTA
Manganese EDTA
Zinc EDTA
potash
Coloring

from comments on other boards it was thought the damage from nute lock out would do more harm than over watering so i did the flush today. ph going in a little between 6.2 ph and 6.8 and out ph 6.2 will post pics after a few days. letting it dry out in covered deck in a warm dry area with a little breeze. keeping my fingers crossed. with all this stress though i hope it doesn't turn male. thanks again for the tip scarfinger68

from comments on other boards it was thought the damage from nute lock out would do more harm than over watering so i did the flush today. ph going in a little between 6.2 ph and 6.8 and out ph 6.2 will post pics after a few days. letting it dry out in covered deck in a warm dry area with a little breeze. keeping my fingers crossed. with all this stress though i hope it doesn't turn male. thanks again for the tip scarfinger68

Your Welcome and :goodluck:

thanks waiting until soil is dry then ill do that. ph can be raised with lime correct?

Dolomite Lime will raise PH.

Hopefully you didnt add lime juice to your soil lol...

travaile its not really about how high the PH of the water is. Thats hydro logic. For soil its all about how the PH of the soil is.

I could water with 9 PH water or 4 ph water and soon enough the soil will be back to 6.2-7.2

Gotta get the soil right and stop worrying about the water PH. Your growing in soil not in hydro.

travaile its not really about how high the PH of the water is. Thats hydro logic. For soil its all about how the PH of the soil is.

I could water with 9 PH water or 4 ph water and soon enough the soil will be back to 6.2-7.2
Gotta get the soil right and stop worrying about the water PH. Your growing in soil not in hydro.

This is not true in my experience. I had a plant with poor drainage that PH'd in the low 5's after about day 21 until harvest. And that was me trying to fix it with garden lime and my tap water (8.0 PH) and it never did make it to 6.2 - 7.2 PH

It looked like hell but it made it. I Understand the statement "Your growing in soil not in hydro". But my grows didn't start producing decent buds until I started watching my PH. This included adding garden lime to my FFOF/mixing with water and letting it sit for at least a month. Paying attention to my fert PH and correcting it before I watered my plants with it. I used to just mix up the ferts and add them. I found out the PH was in the 4.0 range. No wonder I was having problems.

Just because it is soil doesn't mean that it is going to fix all of your mistakes even if the soil is amended correctly. If you keep added 4.0 PH ferts to it... Not good.

I do agree that it is 90% about the soil. Once you get a soil that is PH'd correctly you don't have to be as exact on your PH of the ferts. But you still want to keep ferts in a 6.0 to 7.0 range (spending more time of the grow at 6.5 to 6.8)

If your soil PH is 4.0 naturally it will be next to impossible to change it. You would be better off changing to different soil.

So I respectfully disagree with Jimmy and then I agree with him :)

Unless you where trying to grow in gypsum why would the soil be 4PH though? :)

But yeah start with good soil first, rather then amending terrible soil. That is always a good policy. However you can amend anything so that the soil eventually has the perfect characteristics that you want.

If you have sandy soil, add compost. If you have clay soil add perlite. Gypsum or lime to adjust ph up or down and to buffer. Personally I add both gypsum and lime. I just add slightly more gypsum to try and keep my average PH just slightly acidic. But by adding both it keeps the ph really really stable. I really dont need to worry about the PH of water ever as in a few hours the soil will just test out in the right range nomatter what I watered with. Now does that mean Im gonna purposely water with 2PH stuff? Hell no cause that would melt the microbes and the roots in 1 second lol. However if something was like 4-5ph Its no sweat as the soil will soon enough be back above 6ph.

Back
Top Bottom