Seedling curling downward: overwatering?

ChalupaBatman

420 Member
I have a white widow autoflower that is currently 2 weeks in and showing odd signs of curling leaves downward. I am unsure what might be the issue -- I've read it could be over watering, or nitrogen toxicity; the yellow makes it look like Calcium deficiency but I am using the same water i have used for all my other plants which is 1/4 strength vegetative solution pH'd at 6.0. What could be the problem here?

Below are my stats:

Time so Far: 2 weeks since planted
Soil: coco coir 70/30 perlite mix
Nutrients: 1/4 strength veg powder solution dissolved in water and phd to 6.0
Light Distance: 24 inches
Tent Size: 3 x 3 feet
Temperature Range: I have it maintained at a range of 85 degrees Fahrenheit with 70% humidity

20210606_104117.jpg

20210606_104148.jpg

Its well gone mate, sorry! But, you need to know why, so it doesn't happen again.
You say the light is 24 inches away, but what type of light are you using?
It looks similar to one I cooked with too intense of a light.

Good point, @Squiggle...the new growth and the cotyledons do appear to cooked...
She might still pull through, but it's gonna take some time- might be best to just start over with a new seed...

What up Batman?

85 degree temp is high for a newborn, think your feed water should be 5.8 ph for coco.
Coco plants need cal-mag, many manufacturers advise to rinse and / or pre-charge coco with cal-mag beforehand, not sure if you did that? If its auto then best to start in large final container so no transplant is needed.

I’m a (hopefully reformed) serial bean killer so don’t sweat this. Dial in, waterboard another bean and keep trying!

Back
Top Bottom