Any Canadians that can help me out?

Manchester2020

I’m visiting Banff national park in August and I was wondering how laid back the law is on smoking may be a stupid question with it being legal over there but just wanted to know how hard it would be for me to get some top shelf bud and how discreet you have to be smoking, and also do any of you guys know a good place to camp or is it better to get a hotel?

Here in Toronto (a long way from Banff) every second storefront is a pot shop. Mostly due to relaxing the licensing for retail stores and the wiping out of other retail with shutting down of small business with the pandemic rules. Government booze store and pot shops were one of the few places allowed to open for over a year now.

I wish them luck but I've never actually been in a store since legalization since growing works out so well. I imagine market forces will thin them out as they all have to buy from the same distributor (the govt) so hard for them to differentiate.

In Canada, people and government are more uptight about smoking cigarettes than weed it seems. As long as you don't smoke inside a public place or where cigarette smoking isn't allowed, you are fine.

Enjoy Banff I hear it's beautiful.

Here in Toronto (a long way from Banff) every second storefront is a pot shop. Mostly due to relaxing the licensing for retail stores and the wiping out of other retail with shutting down of small business with the pandemic rules. Government booze store and pot shops were one of the few places allowed to open for over a year now.

I wish them luck but I've never actually been in a store since legalization since growing works out so well. I imagine market forces will thin them out as they all have to buy from the same distributor (the govt) so hard for them to differentiate.

In Canada, people and government are more uptight about smoking cigarettes than weed it seems. As long as you don't smoke inside a public place or where cigarette smoking isn't allowed, you are fine.

Enjoy Banff I hear it's beautiful.
Thanks I can’t wait to go but just don’t want to be stuck with nothing to smoke there and it spoil the trip

I’m visiting Banff national park in August and I was wondering how laid back the law is on smoking may be a stupid question with it being legal over there but just wanted to know how hard it would be for me to get some top shelf bud and how discreet you have to be smoking, and also do any of you guys know a good place to camp or is it better to get a hotel?
Hello @Manchester2020 hope you are well my friend.
Canada is pretty laid back about pot.
Most little towns have at least 2 pot stores. Unfortunately its government regulated and top shelf pot can be a crap shoot to find.
But vape pens with concentrates are readily available and can be smoked virtually anywhere.
The government growers don't cure the pot properly imo.
It can be dry sometimes. I think you will love the park and if I could would camp for the experience.
Just bring buy bug spray when you get there. Seriously bug spray muskoil.
Hope you have a great trip.
Bill

Hello @Manchester2020 hope you are well my friend.
Canada is pretty laid back about pot.
Most little towns have at least 2 pot stores. Unfortunately its government regulated and top shelf pot can be a crap shoot to find.
But vape pens with concentrates are readily available and can be smoked virtually anywhere.
The government growers don't cure the pot properly imo.
It can be dry sometimes. I think you will love the park and if I could would camp for the experience.
Just bring buy bug spray when you get there. Seriously bug spray muskoil.
Hope you have a great trip.
Bill
Would I be able to buy flower I’ve saw some places online that say they deliver in Calgary I’m hoping to camp out just need to do some more research and make sure I can get my hands on flower when I arrive

Would I be able to buy flower I’ve saw some places online that say they deliver in Calgary I’m hoping to camp out just need to do some more research and make sure I can get my hands on flower when I arrive
You will be able to walk out of the airport to a pot shop guaranteed.
You can buy up to 30 grams at a time. At any store. Quality and cost vary so its hard to tell whats best.
The bud tenders in the store will be helpful.
They also deliver. Not 100% sure they will deliver in the park.
There are a lot of illegal sites on web here so be careful.
Your concerns will be alleviated once you arrive and see how readily available it is im sure.
Actually that 30 gram limit is Ontario let me check Alberta. I'll be right back.
Bill

You will be able to walk out of the airport to a pot shop guaranteed.
You can buy up to 30 grams at a time. At any store. Quality and cost vary so its hard to tell whats best.
The bud tenders in the store will be helpful.
They also deliver. Not 100% sure they will deliver in the park.
There are a lot of illegal sites on web here so be careful.
Your concerns will be alleviated once you arrive and see how readily available it is im sure.
Actually that 30 gram limit is Ontario let me check Alberta. I'll be right back.
Bill
Ok Alberta is the same 30 grams. Per purchase.
So you could go to a couple stores buy enough for your camping trip and ball.
Just bring lots of munchies.
Bill

Everytime I go to Canada I just bring my own. Then when the Canadians see me puffing they come over and say high! lol Pass it on.
Hey Bob how are you my friend.
Just curious where do you like to go when you visit Canada?
Bill

Cottage Country - Ontario - cottage 420 on lake Weslemkoon.
<---- pic right there!

Cant wait to go back.... waiting for the border to open.

Weslemkoon about 1/2 way between Madoc and Bancroft on hwy 62.

All neighbors love it when we are in. lol

Cottage Country - Ontario - cottage 420 on lake Weslemkoon.
<---- pic right there!

Cant wait to go back.... waiting for the border to open.

Weslemkoon about 1/2 way between Madoc and Bancroft on hwy 62.

All neighbors love it when we are in. lol
I bet you drive right past my house on the way.
Thats fantastic. We love cottage County.
I built custom cottages in Muskoka for 30 years.
I been fishing in bancroft since I could catch worms.
I'm so glad you have a connection here. :love:
Hopefully boarder opens soon so you can return.
Stay safe my friend.
Bill

Wow nice ... c'mon up we got a bunky.... haven't fired up the boat for a little bit the only thing that has me worried a little. We have our own private island. OPI for short.

Neighbors been checking on it for us too so no roof leaks or trees down (yet).

I need some work done if thats still your thing. Its sorta primitive with an outhouse. We could use a water system with insta-hot for the kitchen. All we got now is a hand pump sadly and its a long story. You'd need some dock time to hear it. lol

Wow nice ... c'mon up we got a bunky.... haven't fired up the boat for a little bit the only thing that has me worried a little. We have our own private island. OPI for short.

Neighbors been checking on it for us too so no roof leaks or trees down (yet).

I need some work done if thats still your thing. Its sorta primitive with an outhouse. We could use a water system with insta-hot for the kitchen. All we got now is a hand pump sadly and its a long story. You'd need some dock time to hear it. lol
Oh I'd love to help im a licensed plumber and electrician.
A little solar and propane i could build you a palace.
Alas I'm a shadow of my former self after breaking my back.
But designing those systems for camps and resorts was my specialty.
I traveled all over Ontario doing huge installations.
Also nice little cottages too.
We will have to carry-on this conversation when your going back.
If nothing else I could help you figure out a system.
But heck a dock lawn chair and a fat one are all you need.
Looking forward to it.
Bill

Thats it brother.... we need to sit down and talk. When you see the border open we will be up. We've been waiting to get up there a while now.

We moved to upstate NY to get closer to our cottage so we can run up anytime we wanted to then covid. smh....

We have hydro just need a pump and and water heater with a faucet. VERY easy to get to the cottage sits on cement pilings and have easy access to under the kitchen. Dont even need to lay down... I can pull wires. That I'll be on the ground but not too bad gotta nice big open crawl space with access panels.

Thats it brother.... we need to sit down and talk. When you see the border open we will be up. We've been waiting to get up there a while now.

We moved to upstate NY to get closer to our cottage so we can run up anytime we wanted to then covid. smh....

We have hydro just need a pump and and water heater with a faucet. VERY easy to get to the cottage sits on cement pilings and have easy access to under the kitchen. Dont even need to lay down... I can pull wires. That I'll be on the ground but not too bad gotta nice big open crawl space with access panels.
Awsome. :thumb:
Sounds great compared to some crawl spaces I've worked in.
So tight black flies tried pulling me out to get more meat.hehe.
Do you remember the rolling paper that came in the Creech and chong album.
We need one of those for the dock. I'll supply the pot.:ganjamon:
I used mine the day I bought the album. Sitting in a 1976 Volare. :passitleft:Sorry I wonder.
We can figure it out.
Take care buddy.
Bill

You can buy it from the store in Calgary. Im not sure if Banff has one yet. Canmore might

Back
Top Bottom