Canadians I need help

Manchester2020

I’m visiting Banff in August and wanted to know how laid back the law is when it comes to smoking and how hard it will be to get some nice bud while I’m there and how discreet you have up be while smoking

I’m visiting Banff in August and wanted to know how laid back the law is when it comes to smoking and how hard it will be to get some nice bud while I’m there and how discreet you have up be while smoking
It's legal, don't bring any in or out and you'll have no problems. Google search for provincial dispensaries if you're trying to buy some legally. You'd have to look up the rules in Banff, but generally speaking they'll have spots where you can burn a few, don't be shy to ask the front desk where you're staying- oh and carry law is 28g I think?

i spent a decade in banff. how many pounds where you planning on consuming ? :cheesygrinsmiley:
finding weed in banff is like finding gonorrhea in a brothel. careful where you sit ...

generally speaking they'll have spots where you can burn a few, don't be shy to ask the front desk where you're staying- oh and carry law is 28g I think?

30g is carry in canada. it's illegal to smoke in public, hotels do not allow it in the rooms as well. at present banff has no amsterdam style coffe shop where you can smoke in public. the parks commission will never allow it and even the town council has passed a bylaw. they are dead set against becoming a pot tourist destination. fines are brutal if caught.

that said the attitude is lax.

find a hotel with a balcony or go for a hike. preferably the latter, which you should do anyway while there.
stick to actual trail hikes, not the commercialized ones, which would be like trying to spark up at disney land.

edit : @Manchester2020 - you might wanna pick some legal up in calgary. banff probably still won't have a legal dispensary. not that it matters. canmore should have one, which is not far off if you've arranged a vehicle. but calgary would be the easiest.

Back
Top Bottom