Any Idea what that could be?

Radian

Hi every one, first time poster and new to growing done few grows before but never had this issue.

I planted 6 autos bought online from seed city. a week later to the sporting tow of them "Low Girl auto" & "super skunk" bend over lying on the soil, the spot of the torsion is darker than the rest of the stem, i tried to support the steam but didn't help them to grow larger , another tow "2 regular blue Himalaya" happens to had the same issue i have tow left " one blue Himalaya Fem & one Regular" didn't bend but the don't grow larger than 1st to leaves " not even the 1st true set of leaves"
Photo00351.jpg
Photo00344.jpg
Photo00323.jpg
Photo00312.jpg

i water with tap water same room temp
i mist them with garden sprayer "note : i have used the sprayer before to spray Dettol antiseptic , but after i cleaned it with hot water many times i still smell the Dettol odor in the sprayer" i feel it's suspicious !

After 4 autos went out i planted one jack herrer and four bag seeds and same thing happened again

some other details:

Water
Water ppm "hanna" 20
Water ph 8.5

Light
2x 105w cfl's " ->>> adjusted to only one 1.5w cfl >>> adjusted to 80W florescent day light
Light Temp 6400k
light cycle 20/4

Soil
soil mix = 10% perlite 90% coco peat ------ then adjusted to 50/50"
Soil PPM "Hanna" = 450
Soil ph 7

Temp Humidity
Room Temp min 20C max 24C
Room Humidity min 40% max90%
using a face facial machine that blows hot humid air to the bottom of the grow room every 15 min

a small USB blowing fan attached..

old setup (210w cfls light)
Photo00383.jpg
Photo00363.jpg

New setup (80w florescent light)
IMG-20140211-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20140211-WA0001.jpg
Photo00393.jpg
Photo00371.jpg

there is something wrong i don't know what it is, i will keep try with bag seeds ... never had this issue before.

Welcome to :420: Radian There is alot of people that would love to help you solve your issues and get your grow going here.
Your pictures can't be seen since they have to be loaded to the site first.YOu have to go to the Gallery to find Upload Pictures then submit your pictures to 420. Then you can post them again for us to see:).
Looking at your info typed I thought the 8.5ph tap water was high. I use tap water too but let it sit a few days for the chlorine to evaporate and my nutrients adjust the ph down when added.

Your rh and temps look nice and you probably dont need to mist those sprouts. That itself or too much watering could wilt them like that.
I would try some or your soil mix that wasnt used so far if theres a disease there.
Thats just my thoughts and pictures would really help the more experienced members on arrival:peace: :goodluck:

thanks you Fuzzy Duck & closetorganic for help with images i now uploaded couple and sorry if quality images

yup Fuzzy Duck tow of them turned black at the base of the stem closest to the soil and what every i do to suppurt them they dont grow any more and they eventually dies .

i flushed the soil 2day and replaced the 105w cfls with 80w florescent i still don't know what i am fighting exactly never had this before. maybe fungal ? but i had every thing cleaned up ...

Good job with posting those pictures and your room looks great. I hope you have a couple standing still like that fem blue Himilaya and one reg.I have had some take seemed like forever to start first leaves after opening up so I would be patient on them and careful on the watering since overwatering can cause root rot. It drowns roots from oyxgen and bacteria can take over thats why I mentioned dont replant in the stuff some died in.Low temps and high temps on soil also lower oxygen down there.
I wish the best for you getting your grow going Bro :Namaste:

Hiya, Radian :ciao:

You don't need to mist your plants at all, especially with your humidity getting quite high sometimes.

Also, I see the fan mounted on your wall is pointed directly at your seedlings. I would adjust the fan to blow just above the plants or maybe mount it lower and point it up. An indirect breeze is good, but a direct wind might be too much for your babies. (Were they leaning the direction of the wind?)

Also, your perlite/peat mix is a soilless medium, and follows the same guidelines as a hydroponics grow. Your target pH is about 5.8 for that mix.

Hope you get some good, strong babies :)

How often are you watering? Is your soil wet, moist or dry? Place your finger 1-2 inches into the dirt and feel how moist it is. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

also might be good to have the cfl's facing more sideways than straight down as it gives out more light to the sides

Photo00344.jpg

If that is the problem in this pic of the black circle around the stem !

Well i'm pretty sure that is describe as stem canker a fungal/bacterial problem... & i'm afraid on a plant that size its not very good news, sorry.

As another person mentioned in this thread your humidity is high & i believe you mentioned that 90% RH could be reached, i would imagine that is during the lights off period with the reading taken shortly after the lights come on tho.

You gonna run into problems with RH 90% & you really want that below 80% RH other wise stuff like powdery mildew & bud rot may occur later on in growth.

1. It might be that you have left that little humidifier gadget on 24/7... might be worth while getting a timer switch for that & have it set same hours as lights on.
2. Ventilation should run 24/7 also... to help prevent RH spike during lights off.

Back
Top Bottom