Any other Aussies here?

Go to page 12, that was last thing grown in my soil.... 40 year old here, month in, wanna kill myself, lol.. Where'd years go?..... Deer hunter, dog day afternoon, scarface etc etc....

Yeah man the big four zero really takes the wind outta your sails don't it!! No more pretending to be "young" after that! And time just goes by faster.. Xmas will be here in a couple of days...:icon_roll

Oh, and some buds...

image23260.jpg
image23259.jpg
image23258.jpg
image23261.jpg
image23265.jpg

Holy shit they are nice! I would love to be able to just let one go over summer like that... Massive! What is that with the purple leaves?

Soil was all good.. Sour blueberry, temps dropped to around 7 at nights, colour came out. All through buds, looked mad...

Yeah I really wanna grow purple for some reason! Just looks too damn cool...
How'd she smoke up or are you still curing?

How's everyone going?

Havnt been by here for awhile.
Grizz your preparation for the next grow season looks amazing mate some good work there, can't wait to see what your going to get up to for outdoor this year mate.
I just prepped a patch in my back yard so I can try do atleast one good one of my own outdoor this year hoping I can get something similar to my 23 ouncer this year.
I've been throwing some of my used coco and hydroton out there mixing in a little dog poop, some scraps, soils and working it all. Dug my trenches around my patch today since its nice and wet and the grounds much more workable, I have a lot of worms in there so I guess that's a good sign.
And I have a massive more commercial grow area with a mate I'm Gunna have to work on in the coming weeks.
Really excited for this grow season not only for myself but to see what kind of awesome plants all the other Aussies here get going, there seems to be a lot more of us here now then the last few years.
All systems go I guess now :)

Since I read through I saw some other random questions so thought I might jump in with some info from experience I've had outdoor growing. This is mainly for VIC growers and more north eastern areas of the state.
Ill start with this, in Vic can be a shocker for pests, mould, wind and I've found birds and other eyes in the sky.
So to you'll want either bagseed thaat you know has been grown in your area if not might kush strains work well due to the fact a lot of them are resistant to mould and pests, I've found that a lot of sativa doms can get mould or get to big for their own good and end up flimsy and stretchy.
I've done abit of research lately on strains and I myself even without experience I believe most of the heavyweight seeds strains would be good for us, they have big yeilds, most stay a good size and nearly every strain is very resilient, especially the KO kush I think it was, so if your looking for strains they could be a good direction and I'm going to get some hopefully this season myself. I myself would stay away from Californian strains, I've had mates have problems with California dream and another cali mist I think and both would keep revegging and delaying flowering and causing problems, not sure if it was phenos or the way it was bred but they don't really seem VIC compatible.
Now with wind, down here we can get hectic winds, especially before, during and just after summer, I've tried making wind blocks before to no avail the wind just dips in, so the best thing for thaat I believe is to train your plant/s as much as you can early, get their stems thick and keep them low but not so low mould could possibly be a problem, even if you do get them really low you can do a lollypopping type thing and get rid of real low stuff thaat could either mould or be taking plants focus away from good budsites.
Now birds and eyes in the sky can be typed in one way, bird netting the proper white one works wonders makes it hard for people in the air to make out what's below and stops the birds, believe me when I say if a bird poops on your buds they will mould, I've had it happen a few times, ofcourse you can't always use the netting unless you can hang it well and its not always needed just something to think about.
Also most people do it but for any newer growers, make sure you have drainage! You can grow in any dirt outdoor but it must have drainage! Ofcourse though the best thing you can do is a proper prepared garden bed of some kind.

And ny last thing i promise,
Seedbanks I've had luck with for aus are demon seeds, original sensible and pick n mix seeds, they can all vary on delivery times but all mine have arrived.
Last time I mentioned this admins removed part of my comment because 2 aren't sponsors but this is an Australia thread and seedbanks useable for us is a lot different then if your in America, Canada, Europe etc.
And I will say avoid anything to do with Queensland, the cops there are very sly as are the posties and if your growing in the QLD be safe and careful every step of the way my friends :)

Hope some of this info can help some people here, its about time I put some form of advice back to the fellow aussies haha :)

Hey Santb, seen you hanging around the Mars Hydro thread, in regard to seeds, I have twice previously got mine from Herbies, prices and range are great, and their super stealth delivery was very creative and amusing, took 4 days to SE Vic, touch wood, they continue with their successful deliveries to me. Also, I think you mentioned wanting a greenhouse, I found plans online for a "$50 greenhouse" and modified what I needed to build mine, if I remeber correctly, it cost me about $250, $200 of which was the Ag plastic film, guarenteed for 6yrs as opposed to builders film which degrades in 6mths. Hope this helps.

Also, after reading Sir Budlovkis comment, I'd like to add that I have had great success outside with the following strains;
Fruity chronic juice
C99 x line outdoor (hard to get but awesome, and under the right conditions, HUGE)
Lemon Kush
Hawaiian skunk haze
Also, as a safety measure, all my MJ related post goes to someone elses address, comman sense I know, but I have found it's not that comman these days.

In regards to building greenhouse, old window frames and sashes are good to use. Cheap to pick up if have contacts, next to free. Especially vic, needing rated glass/windows, people renovating throw them away. Junk yards sell them cheap.

Cheers Sir Bud... Seen your name in Light Addicts threads???
Also; thanks, Blacksmith and Grizz.. I'm gonna do mine as more a shadehouse with 30% shadecloth.
Gonna use PVC conduit bent over 90 degrees (in an arc), 2m high, 4m wide; 2-4m long. One of my vege beds will be under it for lettuce, some tomatos etc... Playing it by ear; need a place to conceal outdoor MJ but also need shadehouse for various vege seedlings and wanna do some (other) flowers, orchids...
Kinda planning on jumping right in the deep end! Always wanted to grow my own food, and need a place to hang out and get pissed on saturday arvos while the missus is vacuuming (please don't tell her that!).

Ps Grizz... Looked at sensible. I thought they were a breeder. Site look good and I like that they explain their stealth... I know it should be secret, but I like to know!

Sir Bud: I'm in SEQ; I've used my own address and name for the 2 orders/deliveries I've got...
Trust me very nervous but no other options.. So far so good.... "Buddy"service seems good. Plus, I don't order 50 seeds at once..... As much as I'd like to try.... I think sheer volume of mail tips the balance in our favour if you keep it cool and not be greedy....
Famous last words... Oh yeah talking about playing it cool....
Just posted this on Mars Hydro thread....
My 144x3 arrived today. One day after I paid for it!! So awesome, thanks, Mars...
Haven't even opened it yet, cos my Dad rocked up to my place one minute before it arrived! Which was cool except I was also in the middle of securing my autoflower out of the way specifically for his visit, a once-in-9-years-event!!!
I was a bit flustered at the time; the old man (ex-cop, by the way; no shit) even said later "The way you just disappeared, I thought you were smoking dope.."
I'm 6ft tall, 90 kgs, 44 years old; my fucking house, still scared of my old man!!!!!!
Some things never change!
That's fair dinkum too... Need a pipe to get over it. Dads in bed now But I'm half cut so mite cut my losses and go to bed also.
GO BRONCOS!

Sir bud put me onto them... Like he said, this is Aussie corner, beans have a longer way to travel, we wanna make sure we got a better chance of getting 'em..

SEQ, man I wanna get up to Eumundi market, would mean I was on holidays, lol... Sydney swans here.... Good luck with dad, lol..

Eumundi's a bit north for casual visits, but am planning on winning awesome RSL prize home near there so should soon be on my itinerary.. :thumb:
Yeah looking for the guaranteed seed delivery service (like the rest of us) and so far Bonza is king for me... Really wanna try herbies again..they seem to have a bigger selection.. Sensible has a great site also and seem to have a few more "boutique" breeders like 710 whatever.. After following guys like Light Addict, supergroomer etc keen to get into Humboldt, 710, Crop King....
Guess I should not get too far ahead of myself and at least grow out the seeds I've got first...!

Hey grizz at 1215 am tonight on channel Gem (90) the original 1972 "The Mechanic" is on. Charles Bronson, Jan Micheal-Vincent. Will be taping it but I used to love this movie! Hope it still stacks up.. New version was Jason Statham and Ben foster. OK, but not Bronson!

Hey guys. Just found this forum.. Been on 420 a while but didn't know they had an aussie section. Sweet! I'm in SEQ....
Got a couple of questions....
First: In an upcoming grow room, I wanna run 4 pc fans, connected to a pc 4 channel fan speed controller, connected to one pc power supply, plugged into wall...
Cheers in advance.

Jaycar have a "Switchmode Mains Adapter" 12v 1.5amp part number MP3486 $25 that I have my four fans connected to. I just cut the Molex adapter off the fans and just joined all four fans in a "Y"type four into 1
Much more energy efficient, as you are getting rid of the power sucking, computer power supply.
Its been running for a whole year and no problems.
You could buy the 2.5 amp one if you wanted a bit of redundancy
Hope this helps

Cheers for that! Sounds perfect.

Back
Top Bottom