any thoughts on this

zierf

has anybody ever tried this or know anything about it? before i started to grow i did my homework like many others and in my reading i came across something on this (i think somewhere on a site called mr. Greenthumb or something)

it was talking about pinching to squeeze or pinching off the new flowers at the start of the flower cycles to produce more flowers. Like in the same line as topping the plant or branch. 2 new ones will form in its place. So by pinching off some of the new flower growth it should cause the plant to produce more flowers

sounds like you are mentioning FIM, i prefer LST, scrog, or supercropping.... or my new technique: achilles cut. check it out if you want at my journal

Are you perhaps referring to Fim Topping?

Cheers

i just read that thank u for the link. But still not quite wat i was talking about. I will have try to go back and find what i read and where it was ( the site i found it on)
but in a nut shell. It basicaly stated that if u cut or pinch off a flower( i am olmost positive is said to pinch and squeeze the flower that 2 would grow in its place then to repeat. When i read it it didn't say anything about the steams or nodes just the flowers.

i can assume it must not be to good of a practice or more people would know or have some info on the site about it. I'll try to look for it tonight

the closest thing i can recall to what you are mentioning i didnt understand... it stated that pinching off the top 10% of the bud would cause the rest of it to bulk up more causing an overall increase in yield. no facts were provided to back this suggestion or when and how do do this.

if topping is done before budding or in the early stage of budding the existing nodes below the break point take over as the main growth and stretching is divided between the next few tops to provide more even growth

ok this is one spot i have read this in. Increasing Marijuana Yield. and i know there is still one more place i have read it. in this one go down to the 5th paragraph it said to cut off the flower. the other place i read it it was telling u to pinch and squeeze the flower

all of that stuff is better explained on this websight. the one you posted is very general and has no pictures or thorough descriptions. i wouldnt take any info from that site and apply it to my plants

all of that stuff is better explained on this websight. the one you posted is very general and has no pictures or thorough descriptions. i wouldnt take any info from that site and apply it to my plants

oh no i don't realy, it was one of the first sites i had found when i started to look up growing. that was just a link off of the main sites page. it does have a lot more info some of the links off of the page go into great detail.Marijuana Growing Guide Free Library
but i know i did read it some where else and it was nore indepth about it just haven't found the other place yet i do beleave it was off of a seed banks little how to grow links but i can't remember what one

Someone asked me if I FIM'd my plants, shit, I didn't have a clue. Did a search on FIM. Nada. Finally, now I know. Thanks. Btw, no I don't. I use to top, but got tired of feaking out when I'd wishbone (LST) the sucker.

As far as squeezing/pinching flowers, sounds logical, although wondering about the stress factor, lowering overall potency.

Flurple's achilles cut is pretty amazing. Love to give it a go, but I'd FIM:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom