Anyone attempting to get grow licence?

I also read that article from november and it doesnt say they are going to scrap the ACMPR anywhere it just talks about the way its written and what they could do to come up with the new legislation. The ACMPR like the MMAR and MMPR were all there to protect patients. LEGITIMATE PATIENTS who are actually using Cannabis as a Medicine. There are online dispensaries and you can buy Cannabis anywhere. But the legislation is there to protect us from reprisals at work or from being discriminated/labelled against due to our Cannabis use.

I paid an office out of BC to do all the paperwork and I just signed on the line. It took just over 10 weeks for it to finally show up in the mail. Well worth it but man was the waiting period just painfull....

Hey how do I get licensed to produce my personal. I found a dr in b.c. But the guy needs a referral from my dr and he doesn't support weed as a bud. But he's prescribed me Oxyies,perks, and marijuana pills.

Anyone have any advice on turning oxyies into a grow licence??

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There are some clinics that dont meed a referral from your dr try to find one we have a bunch in ontario. Otherwise you would need a dr to prescribe you cannabis for medical purposes. Without the medical document you cant do anything. Cant turn oxies into cannabis prescription

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So they're letting us grow officially again? When did this change? I don't know anyone who has gotten one of these that grows for personal use because they're scared lol.

Of course you can. There are drs in bc that still prescribe production licences if patients meet the criteria for having a licence

how many plants can you grow? If that's the case i might have to find someone near me that'll prescribe it or whatever it takes. They allow you to do this in a house in the suburbs? Wild.

Bro are you kidding? I'm from Toronto Canada. This will blow your mind. Google each:

Amcpr
Mcrci
Medical marijuana

Have you been living under a rock or what?? Of course you can produce your own. If a dr signs off on allowing you to use medical marijuana then it's cool. But google those they are legit places

@ anduin1 yes you can now grow your own, apply with health anada there is forms to fill out, you can grow easily if you own your own home, if not then you will need consent of the owner, also you should be able to grow pretty much anywhere,
The new regulation called ACMPR came into effect August 2016 as the supreme court ruling agreet with the patients that we did not have easy and fair access to cannabis and that we are allowed to grow our own again therefore the health canada changed the MMPR to ACMPR which is an improved version with some takes from the MMAR which allowed you to grow your own or designate someone to do so.
amount of plants is kinda complicated as there is a formula but it essentially comes down to around 5 plants per gram allowed per day. I am awaiting final confirmation to grow, i am allowed 10 plants as i have 2 grams per day

the formula is this
D =max number of plants
A = Your daily cannabis prescription
B = 30 grams (their estimate of what one plant will produce)
C = 1

The formula is this

D = ((A x 365)/(B x 3C)) x 1.2

always round up for the decimal.
y
the total storage limit is this

F = max dried cannabis in storage
E = is max number of plants as per the previous formula
B = 30 grams expected yield per plant

F = E x B x 1.5

there is also a factor i believe its 5 that if you have say 200 grams of non dried cannabis, it is equivalent to 40 grams of dried. therefore if you are allowed to store say 500 grams of dry cannabis you are allowed 2500 grams of wet cannabis but ensure you are not over your storage when it is all dried, everyhing is in the ACMPR

Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations

check part 2 for Production for own medical purposes and production by a designated person.

also Gypsyking not everyone knows that the new ACMPR is now in effect ant its contents, have you read it in its entirety? theres lots in there that most dont know. there are some guidelines still for everything.

@ anduin1 yes you can now grow your own, apply with health anada there is forms to fill out, you can grow easily if you own your own home, if not then you will need consent of the owner, also you should be able to grow pretty much anywhere,
The new regulation called ACMPR came into effect August 2016 as the supreme court ruling agreet with the patients that we did not have easy and fair access to cannabis and that we are allowed to grow our own again therefore the health canada changed the MMPR to ACMPR which is an improved version with some takes from the MMAR which allowed you to grow your own or designate someone to do so.
amount of plants is kinda complicated as there is a formula but it essentially comes down to around 5 plants per gram allowed per day. I am awaiting final confirmation to grow, i am allowed 10 plants as i have 2 grams per day

the formula is this
D =max number of plants
A = Your daily cannabis prescription
B = 30 grams (their estimate of what one plant will produce)
C = 1

The formula is this

D = ((A x 365)/(B x 3C)) x 1.2

always round up for the decimal.
y
the total storage limit is this

F = max dried cannabis in storage
E = is max number of plants as per the previous formula
B = 30 grams expected yield per plant

F = E x B x 1.5

there is also a factor i believe its 5 that if you have say 200 grams of non dried cannabis, it is equivalent to 40 grams of dried. therefore if you are allowed to store say 500 grams of dry cannabis you are allowed 2500 grams of wet cannabis but ensure you are not over your storage when it is all dried, everyhing is in the ACMPR

Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations

check part 2 for Production for own medical purposes and production by a designated person.

also Gypsyking not everyone knows that the new ACMPR is now in effect ant its contents, have you read it in its entirety? theres lots in there that most dont know. there are some guidelines still for everything.

Thanks for digging that up. :goodjob:

The calculation you cite is for an "Indoor Grow" only. There are a total of 3 possible grows. "Only Indoor", "Indoor and Outdoors" and "Only Outdoors".

I found a handy chart on the Van Isle Medical Marijuana site.

Growing Marijuana Legally | Van Isle Medical Marijuana

Peace. :peace:

I checked into it a little bit and the only clinic here that will handle getting a prescription has a multi month wait list + waiting after putting in the forms takes a few months from what they said on the phone so the soonest I could get legit growing is next fall or winter :hmmmm:

I signed up but it seems like a huge hassle for something that should take no time at all.

My wife and I applied for our licences Aug. 24/2016 and Sheri got hers in Oct and I got mine a month later. Problem was that they changed the initial application form and included more requirements so we had to reapply, twice!. When we called, they admitted they changed the app and a lot of people complained. However... we have success... we both have our licence to grow. So... be patient. After all, this is the gov't beauocracy you're dealing with

Hello Rory,

The rules calls for "in-depth security checks led by the RCMP and site inspections". Did someone actually come out to your place? This is a challenge to my comfort level. If I'm making home made wine the Law isn't coming out to give approval before I start production. They are still treating cannabis as a criminal activity, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hello Rory,

The rules calls for "in-depth security checks led by the RCMP and site inspections". Did someone actually come out to your place? This is a challenge to my comfort level. If I'm making home made wine the Law isn't coming out to give approval before I start production. They are still treating cannabis as a criminal activity, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Stealth for the time being. I also wouldn't feel comfortable with police coming into my home for any reason or for there to be records kept of what I'm doing. And summer 2018 is so far away and all kinds of complications are prone to happen.

Anyone in Canada with an Rx is legally allowed to grow, you just need to register with the govt. I dont like giving them my onfo either, but I am disabled with a legit need and no way to afford buying it, so now I have a 25 plant licence that I should be able to keep forever. It took a while but was well worth the wait.

Anyone in Canada with an Rx is legally allowed to grow, you just need to register with the govt. I dont like giving them my onfo either, but I am disabled with a legit need and no way to afford buying it, so now I have a 25 plant licence that I should be able to keep forever. It took a while but was well worth the wait.

Hi JPinkman,

Just to clarify. Did you specifically apply for the growing license in addition to your prescription?

And until we see whether or not they roll medicinal cannabis in with recreational laws, we don't know what we have in the long term. I urge all licensed medicinal users to pay very close attention to what the new law says about medicinal use and be prepared to fight it if necessary. It is very important to have access to certified medicinal strains. The fight is not over just yet.

Read The Task Force report on the legalization of cannabis in Canada. Guys thats is the group of people the Government appointed to research and then give a report to the Government on how to legalize Cannabis in Canada and all that. It has a section for medical cannabis. They specify that in order to keep the legitimacy of patients using cannabis for real medical purposes, the current legislation must still exist or a new legislation must come into force when the new law comes in legalizing it for everyone. The reason for this is to ensure patients are not being seen as just another "pot smoker" so to speak. They did a huge survey as well as a ton of research from multiple countries who have already legalized it(including the states in the US.) Its a good read but if u dont read it all, it is long, read the medical cannabis chapter at least. Stay informed people. Also it does not say you will be inspected no matter what, it says they have the right to come and inspect whenever they want doesnt mean they will come visit you every month. There is a reason why the ACMPR is there and they say it is working and it should stay or replace with something similar to protect patients. Research it and read before jumping the gun guys.

Back
Top Bottom