Anyone have an inline fan break?

TheFertilizer

I have an Apollo 400 cfm inline fan and I noticed it making noises last night. Well I wear looking inside and noticed tons of cat hair because I haven't got a carbon scrubber on the other end of my hood yet. Anyway I thought maybe the hair had got the bearing all messed up but it doesn't look like there a a enough in there to effect it, and it seems like it's an issue of the fan propeller touching the outside of the fan casing. When I was running it and turning it over to observe it seemed some positions were worse than others, so for example of the big box thing the cord goes into is on top it's okay, but if I turn it upside down then it has problem, and especially WHILE it's turning. It's almost like the axle got bent and brought the fan propeller closer to one side of the fan. So I flipped it over the opposite way it bad been sitting (so the electric box was on top) and it sounds good.

Has anyone ever had this happen? I will be pretty angry if it died already, it's less than three months old! I wonder if I should try to get a replacement but then what am I going to vent my grow with the in the meantime?

I would see about a replacement providing you have the purchase receipt & if you got it from a local store it should be an over the counter replacement hopefully some time's it may have to be sent of for inspection first ?

If it was an on line order that may take time tho more likely needing to send it back with original boxing ?

Ebay is another matter all to together ! & have suggestions to twist their arm :thumb:

I can not say i've experienced this problem but sounds like a shoddy batch or fan on the product line its just one of those things.

I'd get in touch with the suppler & see what can be done first to how quick a replacement can be acquired.

Not sure in the short term to sort air flow if ya have to send it off ?

Yeah unfortunately it was an online seller and I also already cut the box up for other purposes. I think I should have got it in store now! That's the issue for sure though because I doubt they'll send one without wanting the other returned, and I will have no way to ventilate in that time and would basically have to kill my crop :-(

I am thinking about just buying another one (of a different brand) and keep it as backup for when this one does tank. Kind of pisses me off because I already was going to buy a carbon scrubber for the 70 bucks a new fan will cost, and this was really the last month I had to make such a large purchase for a while...

So I think my two best options....

1. Buy a backup fan, try to get through flower with no carbon scrubber
2. Get a scrubber, and hope the fan lives through flower

I was kind of debating if I needed a scrubber at all. I don't need to be super discreet, if my house smells a bit like pot it's not a big deal. I had some weed so stinky the maintenance guy thought he was smelling my plants! I just don't know if the odor will be overpowering and bug the neighbors. I am only going to have 9 or less small plants (12/12 from seed method), so anyway I had been hedging my bets I'd be able to get through flower without one but I budgeted for it this next month because I realized due to financial obligations the next the few months, so much like the fan if I need a scrubber in that time I will be SOL

I had a fan like that....but not for long!
I hope yours will have a longer life than mine...
But before puting the new one on, fix the cat hair problem.
And who knows, maybe if you need a filter later you get money from somewhere you dont expect :)
Good luck anyway

I had a fan like that....but not for long!
I hope yours will have a longer life than mine...
But before puting the new one on, fix the cat hair problem.
And who knows, maybe if you need a filter later you get money from somewhere you dont expect :)
Good luck anyway

Yeah I am trying to come up with a filter solution to try to keep it out of the tent. All I can think of is to get some of that Flander's cut-to-fit filter and cut then to size to cover the tent vents.

Back
Top Bottom