Anyone know where to get free pollen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randar

I know trading is a no-go on the site, even for pollen, so that's not what I'm asking here.

Rather, I'm wondering if anybody knows of a site or place that offers free pollen. I've been toying with the idea of reversing, and have the materials, but right now don't want to go through the effort. I may in the future. In the meantime, just curious if free pollen is even a thing. Free seeds are, so I would assume somebody somewhere is offering free pollen.

Reactions: 013
anything is possible but not aware of a site for that, best bet would be a trusted grower friend, short of that either buy regular seeds or take a chance with bagseed and I’m sure a male will appear eventually. It could easily be pollinated outdoors but will never know if it was crossed by hemp or cannabis depending on which crops are being cultivated in your region

I know trading is a no-go on the site, even for pollen, so that's not what I'm asking here.

Rather, I'm wondering if anybody knows of a site or place that offers free pollen. I've been toying with the idea of reversing, and have the materials, but right now don't want to go through the effort. I may in the future. In the meantime, just curious if free pollen is even a thing. Free seeds are, so I would assume somebody somewhere is offering free pollen.

What country are you located in?? Might be able to point you in the right direction if you live in canada

Best suggestion I could say is get some regular seeds of a strain of interest. Plant 6 of them and chances are 2-3 of the 6 will be male. I've been planting regular seeds for a few years now and pollen chucking and it seems on average I see about 40% of the time I get males (except with chocolate thai as it took over 20 to get a male...LOL).

Other than that, I have seen some breeders on other social media sites (can't name them here) but sometimes people do show their males and offer pollen, but again its rare.

I had horrible luck reversing strains with CS and STS and wasted a lot of time trying it... always got the females to reverse, but getting pollen out of them was tough and only had 1 successful reverse project out of about 4 or 5 attempts... so I gave up on making fems and started using regulars, and now I have more crosses and seeds that I know what to do with :)

Getting this back on track, and to summarize: I was able to find a place that offered free pollen. Ended up with a baggie of BOG Sour Bubble pollen which I currently have stashed in the freezer and will be using to pollinate 4-8 plants this fall. Should be some nice crosses!
Randar, nice post. Perhaps you could get back to us on your success when all has taken place, I realize it will be months down the road before you know anything about the development. Also, how did you find the pollen, what kind of research was required to find the stuff?

Thanks

Randar, nice post. Perhaps you could get back to us on your success when all has taken place, I realize it will be months down the road before you know anything about the development. Also, how did you find the pollen, what kind of research was required to find the stuff?

Thanks

Yeah, @Randar it would be cool to see the process and results of your pollination.

Definitely planning on starting a grow journal for the crosses this fall.

As for how it was found, it was just a matter of finding the right site. Once found, it was just a matter of right place, right time and a member of that site was giving away the pollen for free.

Definitely planning on starting a grow journal for the crosses this fall.

As for how it was found, it was just a matter of finding the right site. Once found, it was just a matter of right place, right time and a member of that site was giving away the pollen for free.
You were at the right place at the right time.
Good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom