Apollo seeds

there are different variants of apollo seeds from different seed banks. Whats the best seed? and from what company should I get them from?
I'd take a good look at our sponsors, they have a great selection and are trustworthy

Edit: A quick search in our sponsors shows Truenorth has some

Maybe we can get @Icemud over here. He’s done an Apollo breeding project. I’m sure he can tell you where to find the best phenos.

The Apollo 13 F4's that I ran in my project was released by MotaRebel and was bred in Colorado by Mendel. I spoke with MotaRebel about the strain and he told me he said that he believed Mendel did an open pollenation using 5 keeper females and a few different males to allow for diversity but also keeping it pure. They were partners on this cross.

In my project I had 4 females which were all used in an open pollination. Height was pretty much tall but quite a bit of variety between the 4 females height... 2 were were much taller than the other 2. All 4 had similar but different terpenes, most had a citrus/grapefruit/sweet terp profile, with each having minor differences but mostly citrus and grapefruit. All 4 females were very frosty. 2 of the 4 I labeled as good phenos for future breeding, 2 were not that good (one was lanky airy and low yeild, and the other lacked potent terpenes).

In my project I started with 3 males, but one of the males decided to pop male flowers and drop pollen while still in the 18/6 light schedule, so I pulled this male from the project. According to an old post by "Mr Soul" who I believe was the original breeder of Apollo 13, he mentioned that the Cinderella strain (one of the parental strains) will drop male flowers in veg, so I believe that must have been a Cinderalla heavy male.

I don't know much else about any "sources" of Apollo 13, but I believe you can still find the MotaRebel F4's around different seed banks.

Here is an old post by MrSoul, from a different forum about Apollo 11 and Apoll13,

Apollo 11 & 13 are from the same mother plant (Genius). The father of Apollo 13 was P.75 whereas Apollo 11's dad is Cinderella 99. Apollo 13's mother was bred from a mysterious hybrid of Jack Herer crossed with an unidentified male which seems to have given it an unusually SHORT flowering period. Its scent is a pungent “Lemon Pledge” citrus with an undertone of acrid skunk. You really taste lemons when you smoke a joint. The high is STRONG, and starts hitting you while you're smoking it, rather than being a “creeper” high. It's easy to grow, matures rapidly, and manicures easily." MrSoul

Apollo 13 has a MINIMAL amount Shiva Skunk in its composition, only about 10%. Its mother was bred from a mysterious hybrid of Jack Herer crossed with an unidentified male which seems to have given it an unusually SHORT flowering period. Its scent is a pungent "Lemon Pledge" citrus with an undertone of acrid skunk. You really taste lemons when you smoke a joint. The high is STRONG, and starts hitting you while you're smoking it, rather than being a "creeper" high. It's easy to grow, matures rapidly, and manicures easily. Cinderella 88 is shorter & more resinous, but yields about the same as Apollo 13.

The flavour is like tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, tangerine... but with an "evil" undertone a lot like certain Thai weed has. I consider Cinderella superior to Apollo, but everyone's got an opinion. Neither of these strains are true-breeding but their offspring would be good -just lots of variety. MrSoul

"The potency of A13 and Cinderella are "on par" in strength, but the character of each high is unique. A13 is a more "happy, social high" although seriously potent. Cinderella has a bit more "paranoia-inducing" high. Neither one has the "couch-lock" effect -they give the smoker an "up", energetic feeling... good for doing something physical, as opposed to lying around comatose." MrSoul

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom