Asgkjnvasdlp's First Ever Fem Blue Cheese T5 Wardrobe Grow

Right, I strange question, I have two, rather unreliable light timers, they both work, but setting the time accurately is near on impossible, which would be no issue if there was only one, but the issue i'm having is, they both will slowly go out of sync with each other, I don't want to have one on, while the other still thinks its gotta be on for half hour, in vegging it wouldn't matter so much, but, during flowering, i need it to get the twelve hours of dark, so, my idea, to me, is flawless:p but you all probably have different ideas, they wont go out of sync an hour, not for a while at least, so my thinking is, i have the lights off for thirteen hours, therefore it'll definitely ample dark time.

so what does everyone think, I don't wanna buy another two light timers, and I don't wanna try plug them all in one, and melt my extension leads and blow loads of fuses, so yeah.

any help??

how many things are plugged into eact timer? gimmer amperages and wattages if you can. like, 4 54w light bulbs on a 13 amp plug.. that sort of thing.

right, there is four 54 watt lights, (2x 2 bulb 54 watt ballasts) plugged into an extension lead which is plugged into a wall socket, the extension lead has a 13 amp fuse, can you work out the amps that's drawing from that? I'll look it up on the website anyway, and 2 fans, but they draw a minuscule amount of current so I'm gonna say they're negligible. then I have one more of the same fittings to run from that same extension lead.. if you think it'll work, then that's brilliant, I did the maths a while ago, and thought I came to the conclusion things would start not working, but I could very well be wrong, I'm reluctant to try since I only have one fuse, and I cant go blowing it and having no lights.

I remember the lights saying how much current they draw on the inside, but they're a nightmare to take down.

ok, so we're looking at 4 items yes? your two ballasts can run with a 3 amp fuse each as can your fans, so 12 in total into your extension. Realistically you can pull 3120watts through a standard mains socket before it starts to cry.. although american wiring could be completely different from mine in the UK and in this case, well, ignore me lol

them three and your two fans will be dead on. I'd recommend a surge protected 6 way extension, i recently picked up one such device for £10, so they're not overly expensive and will stop any feedback from blowing out your meter fuses or trip swtches. 54x6 is only 324 watts so you've got headroom coming out your arse. relax lol

if you're worried about this, my setup would make your toes curl:

I have a single gang 13a socket with a 6 way adapter plugged in; the 6 way adapter has a television, an external hard disk drive, a desk fan, a phone charger wired to 3 120mm computer fans and a digital timer. The digital timer has a 4 way adapter plugged into it with all my lights plugged into it and it doesn't even twitch.

edit: the lights in question are two 300w CFLs, two 30w CFLs and two 35w CFLs and there are two empty light sockets for standard B22 cap CFLs (another two 30s or 35s)

don't be afraid to join things up; just remember to run parallel circuits where you can and if there's Earth, use it.

also, have a butchers on ebay for house fuses, they're so so cheap. better to have em and not need em than to need em and not have em.

some do, some down, my fuse box is all trip switches at the moment. those are better. rarely need replacing unless they're old or you've been thrashing it.

Update:
image10254.jpg

yeah for some reason it wont let me upload more than one photo at a time, and this is the best I had, I'll upload some more in a bit when i get the chance

Back
Top Bottom