Autie Grow - Elvis

westofone

Hello everyone -

I am a a first time grower (indoor) - I am growing for my Autistic son; after doing considerable research on how cannabis and THC benefit people with Autism I decided I would give it a try. I have 2 clones that were purchased from another grower - purported to be ELVIS. I wanted to start this grow journal to get as much help as possible getting these little guys to grow - therefore any input would be MUCH appreciated.

OK - here's the situation - I have two rooted clones in potting soil (the kind you buy anywhere) I have one 150 HPS light going on a 16/8 cycle - I am looking for a flouro or different light at the moment as I have discovered the one I have now may not be best for the clone/veg phase.
I have a 10x10 room

Also - when I got the little guys something was already wrong - I will post pics soon - but to give an idea - the grower i got them from said they were on a 20-20-20 nute mix - which I think is bad - so i intend to flush and see if I can sort of "reset" them - but I will be posting pics soon.

Hey west welcome to :420:... We've got our back here....so let's see.. Flush yes I would do that first....and how many plants again? .....and 10x10 is huge.....you'll need many tens of thousands of watts... If your growing only one plant you might still wanna update to 400hps....and do it now... Also pick up a MH for veg and hps for flowering....we are going to need alot more info to get this one started so do your homework for us.... Goodluck :hippy:

Thanks so much for your input CannaVice - got a new light today - its a flouro T8 8000k 18w - took the HPS off of the plants gonna try to post pics in just a min. - ps room is actually 8x6

14614.jpg

Thanks for stopping by the journal - hope to go and check them out tonight and post an update - did discover that these guys were clone on 9/4 - I may be new to this but - that seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to have grown less than an inch - stopped by my buddies (person I purchased clones from ) and what he has is going even slower - they are just now starting to root and he is considering moving them into soil by the end of the week - on top of that half what he clipped is dead - PLEASE put out the word that I could use all the help I can get with these guys - i don't want my time and effort to be for not.

West my man...the five T's of growing must be Time, Temps, Trich's, Test and Trim....your clones will be fine keep watching...mine took one month to root too.. Then they just POW...take off... Make sure those lights are a couple inches away only.. Looks like you should put some cfl's in there too...Next time you clone make sure you use a rooting agent and trim those leaves up a bit.. Are you misting them here and there?.... Still looking good all around buddy...:riskybusiness:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

yes still alive and kicking - sorry about the silence been doing alot of work on the room and the ladies - gonna post pics in a minute so you can scope out the sticky icky! :cheer:

Sorry about the quality never taken pics of plants before - would love some tips on taking pics too - thx

IMG_17803.JPG

IMG_17763.JPG

IMG_17662.JPG

UMM - I don't know how to get myself back into the active grow journals? Hopefully someone can help me out with that - I'm gonna be posting more pics in about a week or so - does anyone have any info on the Elvis/Church strain? This is the strain I am supposed to be growing - again thanks for all your help and input EVERYTHING is appreciated!! :Namaste:

Posting an update - I put a little top dressing on the green ladies last night - gonna check in on them tomorrow night and see if my strategy is paying off - I have to say the great thing about the strain I have is that it practically talks to me - it lets me know fairly quickly if I have done something to make it unhappy or if it really enjoys the new twist - thanks for stopping to everyone who has and be sure to check back soon on the progress of our grow :Namaste:

do you smoke? did you see some of the end product that came off that mother? what info can you get on the mother? did they start it from seed or was it a clone they mothered and now take clones from? did the grower see any hermy instances?

8751 - good questions -

I have smoked in the past but only recreationally - however I am hoping to supply my own mom who smokes for pain relief from chronic migraines and fibromyalgia and for my mom in law who smokes for pain relief from a car accident resulting in fused cervical vertebrae

the plants that are in bloom now were cloned from mothers

the mothers were also clones

im not sure when to harvest - but i am considering snipping a small bud from the lower branches and drying it for my mom to try - she's been smoking for the last 40 years and I know she can give me an idea of where we are and help me to project when to harvest

A friend of mine also got a clone and DID notice some hermie traits - HOWEVER - the plants were INCREDIBLY stressed - spent tooo long in bloom, didn't control temp or humidity, and struggled with nute mixes and burn/lockout - some people just have to make their own mistakes before they will listen - though this plant did show some issues with hermaphrodite traits - they didnt show up until the week before they were harvested

cool cool. if you can, i'd recommend starting your own from seed asap for mother/s. ensuring health over entire life cycle negates a level of risk that is unpleasant to experience otherwise. i bonsai mother works great for feeding micro-grows

Back
Top Bottom