Auto Afghan Mass - DIY Grow Box - Planted 9th Oct

Tonight's update. I started LST pulling the longer branches down to allow more light penetration into the middle

420-magazine-mobile355644790.jpg
420-magazine-mobile839743014.jpg

Mine is 4 weeks and 4 days. Looking like she's started the flowering process. I'll post a recent picture later, but I think I may have left her too long prior to the top as I'm not too happy with the growth, and so far I'm looking at about 13 colas as opposed to 30 odd with I didn't top and just LST. It will be interesting either way.
Yours looks great, definitely big enough to top if that's what you wanted to do

Here's tonight's update
She's just going into flower, and LST to pin the main branches down is allowing about 10 more bud sites to grow up through the middle.
All in all I'm pretty happy with topping Auto's.

420-magazine-mobile54752139.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1865489249.jpg

She's moved house !
I thought I'd upgrade to a proper tent, 600W LED etc ..
however, my LED grow light arrived and only half the LED's work !!! Anyone else had this problem ?

420-magazine-mobile1525322842.jpg

She's moved house !
I thought I'd upgrade to a proper tent, 600W LED etc ..
however, my LED grow light arrived and only half the LED's work !!! Anyone else had this problem ?

420-magazine-mobile1525322842.jpg
Nice! To bad the light isnt working. What kind of LED is it? Because i know that cheap models have that problem. My chinese ufo broke in like 2 months, same ufo but more expansive is still working. The Apollo 10 is awesome:)

Hey BamBam, hope you don't mind if I follow along for a bit.

Figured I would sub up on some auto posts. I have done one auto before and being it was only my 2nd grow I didn't top. I will be starting a new grow with autos soon, might be a bit because I am waiting for seeds. Getting some courtesy of Auto Seeds! No clue which strains yet but I am excited.

I have heard and scene so many reviews of LEDs having half lights out. I have yet to experience this but like OpperSmurft is saying buy from reputable brands if you can. Check out the sponsors link here at :420:

Anyways nice job and best of luck

Nice! To bad the light isnt working. What kind of LED is it? Because i know that cheap models have that problem. My chinese ufo broke in like 2 months, same ufo but more expansive is still working. The Apollo 10 is awesome:)

Sup dude !
Well this was £100 in the Black Friday sale. It's a Bestva 600W full spectrum.
I'm getting it replaced so hopefully I won't have the same issue, but if I do I'll be going elsewhere !

Update on the grow light.
Woke up this morning to the sound of the lights fans on. Looked in the tent and none of the LEDs were on !!!
I'm sending it back today and I have already bought a Vipraspectra 450W.
Is this a decent light ?

Dont know that one. Mars Hydro should be ok. Kind Led and Apollo. Those defently work fine.by My cheaper lights all the fans broke down but the lights are still working..

Dont know that one. Mars Hydro should be ok. Kind Led and Apollo. Those defently work fine.by My cheaper lights all the fans broke down but the lights are still working..

Thanks mate, well the one I've just bought has great reviews, but then again so did the other one !! So god knows ! Lol

Ok so my new 450W LED light panel is arriving tomorrow along with a new ventilation kit, in-line fine, filter etc ... also a new intake fan. So that should be the new tent all set up.
I have already used my last harvest and so I am out of medication for the next few weeks ..
But at least I know I need two plants to last me just over a month.
I am going to use my DIY box that I grew my last harvests in as a nursery for the seedlings, and then the tent for bloom, that way I have a constant supply !
Anyway, here she is tonight.
My last Afghan Mass was just LST'd and nothing else, but this time I topped her and I have to say the buds and colas already look bigger !

420-magazine-mobile1401263083.jpg
420-magazine-mobile848290215.jpg

Ok so my new 450W LED light panel is arriving tomorrow along with a new ventilation kit, in-line fine, filter etc ... also a new intake fan. So that should be the new tent all set up.
I have already used my last harvest and so I am out of medication for the next few weeks ..
But at least I know I need two plants to last me just over a month.
I am going to use my DIY box that I grew my last harvests in as a nursery for the seedlings, and then the tent for bloom, that way I have a constant supply !
Anyway, here she is tonight.
My last Afghan Mass was just LST'd and nothing else, but this time I topped her and I have to say the buds and colas already look bigger !

420-magazine-mobile1401263083.jpg
420-magazine-mobile848290215.jpg
So cool that you upgraded. I hope the new light will work propely. How is the flower smell of Afghan Mass?
I dont use a filter because i dont mind the smell, and 1 plant doesn't smell that much. Do you only grow auto's? I did 1 fem. seed. Got a yield of 250 gr. To have some stash, cause the autoflowers dont give that much of a yield. Except for 2Fast 2Vast wich is a Monster. 2F2V is also very robust has little flower smell, reacts good to topping and fiming, LST as
This is 2F2V well.
420-magazine-mobile1686889874.jpg

Cheers man!
Unfortunately a filter is a must due to the fact is completely illegal currently in the UK.
My first grow was two Blue Mystic Fem's which I veg'd for a month and bloomed for 2 months, but for both plants I got 50g.
With my last Afghan mass I got 45g so almost as much as two Fem plants !!
And if this topped Afghan mass is anything to go by, I reckon I'll surpass both of the Blue Mystics in yield.
Afghan mass isn't a very smelly strain, but because I don't have my ventilation kit yet, you can definitely smell it. But hopefully my new light works and the vent kit is good to go, so I shouldn't have that issue.
I'll check out the 2F2V.

Back
Top Bottom