Auto Blueberry Berry growing problem

Vadura

Hello guys! As the title says, I am a first time grower and I have a big grow problem with blueberry berry auto plant (6weeks old) and I hope that you can help me to solve this (if it's posible). So my grow tent is 100x100x200cm ( 3x3x6 ft). I will put photo with it down below.
I don't had any problems with temperature and with humidity...I succeeded to mantain a temperature of 22-26C (71,6-78,8F) and 40-55% humidity all the way up here. When they were in seedling stage I mantained 70-85% humidity. So I think this numbers are correct but the main problem was the lamp I used. It was a cheap led lamp (HT Wedge 600 with only 249 PPFD) which help me to grow those little girls until week 5. There were too small as you can see in photos so I made an financial effort and bought an 600w HPS Sunmaster Lamp with ballast and reflector. I mounted this new equipment but the temps in growing tent went terribly wrong....32-33C+ (89-91F+ ) although I have an air extractor+carbon filter+fan+pasive air ventilation in the down part of the growin tent.
So I put back the old led lamp for a few days and bought a more powerfull led lamp...the Led PhytoLite NX2 400-280w. It has dual spectrum for veg and bloom stages and the manufacturer says that is recomanded for a 120x120cm (4x4ft)grow tent. As I said before, my tent is 100x100cm (3x3ft) it could be a problem if the dimension of my grow tent are smaller? And I ask this because my girls looked pretty good with the old lamp (see the first photo) and after 2 days with the new lamp looks like they are dying (see last photos). With the old lamp I mantain 45cm (18inch) distance from the top of the plants and they had that ,,praying position" with the leafs pointed up...but now with the new 280w dual led lamp although I keep 90cm(36inch) distance from the top of the plants...the leafs go down..almost parralel with the stem (in the last hours of the 18h light phase).
I really don t know what to do. I know that the old lamp wasn t good enough and after 6 weeks the plants looked like after 2 or 3 weeks but I hoped that with the new led lamp the things will be getting better and better...but in reality is far worse than with first lamp. Are these girl compromised or I should keep this distance between the new lamp and the top of them (90cm/36inch) hoping that in some days they will get used with the new and more powerfull led lamp?

Ps: I water them twice a week: 1 time with distilated water and 1 time with distilated water + fertilizant ( micro/grow/bloom from Advanced Nutrients). I use +\- ph solution to keep the soil ph aprox 7.

PPs: Sorry for my bad english and for this long post but please tell me what should I do now.

Thanks!

CE0FEDB8-C761-4190-AD19-AF4FC2EDBF4A.jpeg

CB1C9A16-80DB-416D-8AD7-5B141995710D.jpeg

CBC99968-1855-4930-977C-7D96D870EDAA.jpeg

0469FB46-FAFD-4BF1-BF46-99040BFC7C98.jpeg

782A3348-121D-4B78-8C8B-2337EC35FD1B.jpeg

221161C6-66F7-49CE-975C-8D936660CB35.jpeg

5344A391-DFC8-43B7-BCFA-7DD99FF4A58C.jpeg

93AB476D-83E6-4908-9002-54FA88EE147B.jpeg

C9F3CF24-DB44-4C8F-85F1-7DC5C4983EE5.jpeg

Hello guys! As the title says, I am a first time grower and I have a big grow problem with blueberry berry auto plant (6weeks old) and I hope that you can help me to solve this (if it's posible). So my grow tent is 100x100x200cm ( 3x3x6 ft). I will put photo with it down below.
I don't had any problems with temperature and with humidity...I succeeded to mantain a temperature of 22-26C (71,6-78,8F) and 40-55% humidity all the way up here. When they were in seedling stage I mantained 70-85% humidity. So I think this numbers are correct but the main problem was the lamp I used. It was a cheap led lamp (HT Wedge 600 with only 249 PPFD) which help me to grow those little girls until week 5. There were too small as you can see in photos so I made an financial effort and bought an 600w HPS Sunmaster Lamp with ballast and reflector. I mounted this new equipment but the temps in growing tent went terribly wrong....32-33C+ (89-91F+ ) although I have an air extractor+carbon filter+fan+pasive air ventilation in the down part of the growin tent.
So I put back the old led lamp for a few days and bought a more powerfull led lamp...the Led PhytoLite NX2 400-280w. It has dual spectrum for veg and bloom stages and the manufacturer says that is recomanded for a 120x120cm (4x4ft)grow tent. As I said before, my tent is 100x100cm (3x3ft) it could be a problem if the dimension of my grow tent are smaller? And I ask this because my girls looked pretty good with the old lamp (see the first photo) and after 2 days with the new lamp looks like they are dying (see last photos). With the old lamp I mantain 45cm (18inch) distance from the top of the plants and they had that ,,praying position" with the leafs pointed up...but now with the new 280w dual led lamp although I keep 90cm(36inch) distance from the top of the plants...the leafs go down..almost parralel with the stem (in the last hours of the 18h light phase).
I really don t know what to do. I know that the old lamp wasn t good enough and after 6 weeks the plants looked like after 2 or 3 weeks but I hoped that with the new led lamp the things will be getting better and better...but in reality is far worse than with first lamp. Are these girl compromised or I should keep this distance between the new lamp and the top of them (90cm/36inch) hoping that in some days they will get used with the new and more powerfull led lamp?

Ps: I water them twice a week: 1 time with distilated water and 1 time with distilated water + fertilizant ( micro/grow/bloom from Advanced Nutrients). I use +\- ph solution to keep the soil ph aprox 7.

PPs: Sorry for my bad english and for this long post but please tell me what should I do now.

Thanks!

CE0FEDB8-C761-4190-AD19-AF4FC2EDBF4A.jpeg

CB1C9A16-80DB-416D-8AD7-5B141995710D.jpeg

CBC99968-1855-4930-977C-7D96D870EDAA.jpeg

0469FB46-FAFD-4BF1-BF46-99040BFC7C98.jpeg

782A3348-121D-4B78-8C8B-2337EC35FD1B.jpeg

221161C6-66F7-49CE-975C-8D936660CB35.jpeg

5344A391-DFC8-43B7-BCFA-7DD99FF4A58C.jpeg

93AB476D-83E6-4908-9002-54FA88EE147B.jpeg

C9F3CF24-DB44-4C8F-85F1-7DC5C4983EE5.jpeg
Welcome to 420 my friend. Cute garden you have there.
Can you tell me what medium your growing in, and the ph of your nutrients?
What size fan is your extraction?

Welcome to 420 my friend. Cute garden you have there.
Can you tell me what medium your growing in, and the ph of your nutrients?
What size fan is your extraction?
Thanks for the reply! I planted them in ,,medicinal plants soil" from the market...it isn't a special soil for cannabis but it has 6-7ph...some perlite and a little NPK for seedling stage....if i remember correct. For the nutrients...on Micro(2-0-0)/Grow(1-0-4)/Bloom(1-3-4)bottle from Advanced Nutrients it's saying that is ,,ph perfect". About the fan size...it is TT 100 with 230V 50/60HZ 33W 187m3/h. Is it a ventilation problem?

Thanks for the reply! I planted them in ,,medicinal plants soil" from the market...it isn't a special soil for cannabis but it has 6-7ph...some perlite and a little NPK for seedling stage....if i remember correct. For the nutrients...on Micro(2-0-0)/Grow(1-0-4)/Bloom(1-3-4)bottle from Advanced Nutrients it's saying that is ,,ph perfect". About the fan size...it is TT 100 with 230V 50/60HZ 33W 187m3/h. Is it a ventilation problem?
Heat buildup in your tent can be reduced greatly by proper air flow.
A decent intake and discharge fan will usually pull heat out and give your girls fresh air. I had to put in a 6" discharge to help with heat during the summer.
Do you have decent air circulation. An led light shouldn't over heat the tent with good air circulation.

Heat buildup in your tent can be reduced greatly by proper air flow.
A decent intake and discharge fan will usually pull heat out and give your girls fresh air. I had to put in a 6" discharge to help with heat during the summer.
Do you have decent air circulation. An led light shouldn't over heat the tent with good air circulation.
The heat problem was with the HPS lamp...with the new led lamp there is no overheat...i can keep 73-76F with no problem. But I think those leafs...pointed down it's because too much light although the distance between lamp and the top of the plant is 35inch. So...do you think is any solution for this problem?

The heat problem was with the HPS lamp...with the new led lamp there is no overheat...i can keep 73-76F with no problem. But I think those leafs...pointed down it's because too much light although the distance between lamp and the top of the plant is 35inch. So...do you think is any solution for this problem?
I apologize i didn't realize it was an hps. I took out my hps and installed a couple led's for that exact reason. I couldn't keep it cool especially in summer.
I put a small ac unit which helped. In a small space a hps is going to cause issues with out cooling air movement through the tent.

Hi Vadura,

Welcome to 420! That media looks like coco.... coco is not the same as soil, it is totally inert as in there are no nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed nutrients. Coco looks nearly identical to soil but it needs special treatment related to feeding and watering.

Can you post a photo of both sides of the bag it came in so we can better advise you?

Thanks for reply! About the soil...unfortunatly I don't have the soil bag it was thrown to the bin. I am pretty sure that on it said something like ,,universal soil for medicinal plants"...as i said it isn't specific for these pretty ladies. I upload some photos with it (photo 1 and 2) and I upload some photos with the nutrients I use (photo 3and 4). To sum up....it is a normal soil that contain coco too i think...not just coco. I searched over the net about possible causes for my problem and I discovered that when changing the lamp with a more powerfull one...these ladies suffer for ,,light stress" until they adapt for the new lamp....and this process can take 7-10days..after that ...plants begin to grow bigger and faster. I will upload some photos with them after 2 days with this new led lamp...could you tell me if it look like ,,light stress"?

B56B0725-AD55-42E4-A594-9BEC59427468.jpeg
698AFB4D-5B7D-4611-AF20-0E8BF93881C0.jpeg
C3421555-E13E-4B0D-BF45-F62D04D0A508.jpeg
7D43E9E5-843D-4DE7-A7C2-84D4C9DC03B3.jpeg
A948B54A-2DBA-4F8A-944C-6A2966B5887F.jpeg
7BA9E1CE-609A-473D-8537-346471379DE8.jpeg

Hi Vadura,

Welcome to 420! That media looks like coco.... coco is not the same as soil, it is totally inert as in there are no nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed nutrients. Coco looks nearly identical to soil but it needs special treatment related to feeding and watering.

Can you post a photo of both sides of the bag it came in so we can better advise you?

Thanks for reply! About the soil...unfortunatly I don't have the soil bag it was thrown to the bin. I am pretty sure that on it said something like ,,universal soil for medicinal plants"...as i said it isn't specific for these pretty ladies. I upload some photos with it (photo 1 and 2) and I upload some photos with the nutrients I use (photo 3and 4). To sum up....it is a normal soil that contain coco too i think...not just coco. I searched over the net about possible causes for my problem and I discovered that when changing the lamp with a more powerfull one...these ladies suffer for ,,light stress" until they adapt for the new lamp....and this process can take 7-10days..after that ...plants begin to grow bigger and faster. I will upload some photos with them after 2 days with this new led lamp...could you tell me if it look like ,,light stress"?

B56B0725-AD55-42E4-A594-9BEC59427468.jpeg
698AFB4D-5B7D-4611-AF20-0E8BF93881C0.jpeg
C3421555-E13E-4B0D-BF45-F62D04D0A508.jpeg
7D43E9E5-843D-4DE7-A7C2-84D4C9DC03B3.jpeg
A948B54A-2DBA-4F8A-944C-6A2966B5887F.jpeg
7BA9E1CE-609A-473D-8537-346471379DE8.jpeg
Heat from light will cause droop. Usually the leaves at the top will be lighter and look burnt around edges. Is your big light adjustable at all. Does it have a cover with intake and discharge for cooling

Heat from light will cause droop. Usually the leaves at the top will be lighter and look burnt around edges. Is your big light adjustable at all. Does it have a cover with intake and discharge for cooling
Well...being a led lamp as i said before...does not make any heat problem...just ,,light stress" because of the new and more powefull lamp....just what i think....maybe you can tell me if those plants look like being stress of too much light...

ps: temperature in tent is between 73-79F(23-26C) and humidity 40-50%

Just going on the pics alone I don't see a single one that looks like they're being watered properly.
And it looks mostly like coco.

I would start watering everyday, pH to 5.8 and give them about 1/4 strength nutrients in most every watering.
He is in soil my friend :Namaste:
Light stress will start with upper leaves usually they will get lighter in color may look burnt. Or have ribbing. Do you have access to a light meter.
If your in trouble now what’s going to happen when you flip and she doubles in size.

Just going on the pics alone I don't see a single one that looks like they're being watered properly.
And it looks mostly like coco.

I would start watering everyday, pH to 5.8 and give them about 1/4 strength nutrients in most every watering.
Hello Nunyabiz! Every day watering ....would not go to an overwatering problem? I ask you this because I understand that it is very easy to overwater them (biggest first time grower mistake)....and the majority say that once or twice a week ...at this stage is suficient. On the fertilizer bottles it is recomended to use it twice a week...so I am a litlle affraid not to over feed them. So...from your experience...every day water+fertilizer is ok? Thanks for your answer man!

He is in soil my friend :Namaste:
Light stress will start with upper leaves usually they will get lighter in color may look burnt. Or have ribbing. Do you have access to a light meter.
If your in trouble now what’s going to happen when you flip and she doubles in size.
Can you tell me please which are the optimal values for light? I have an ph/moist/light meter...i will upload a photo soon with my values. Thanks!

Can you tell me please which are the optimal values for light? I have an ph/moist/light meter...i will upload a photo soon with my values. Thanks!
Here is a little chart for you

683085F3-CD71-4F43-A4E1-902FA9EE8FC2.png

Howdy do and welcome

If you can rule out heat and RH. That is 2 factors taken out.
If it was light or nutrient problems. The leaves would be showing stress.
Theres another 2 taken out .
I believe they are simply under watered. How many ml of water do you give them at one time? As a lot of water will go to evaporation when there is a large surface area of soil exposed to the light .
My mature plants are in similar pots to that and have been since week 4 And I've always had to fully saturate the soil more than 3 times per week.

This photo is of the leaves of my plants that were underwatered
Screenshot_20210311-182846.jpeg

The fingers are pointing down and droopy. .
if you water at the base of the plant, ( like your photos show) and the rest of the soil is bone dry, it will absorb into the dryer parts.
You need to be watering away from the base of the plant also, to let the roots chase the water.
I do believe it is a simple case of not enough water.
how big are your pots?

If these were my plants I would
Soak the soil until you see a little bit coming out of the bottom of the pot with a pH of 6.5 and see what happens . You can't kill the plant as I don't believe they are drowning from over watering. It will recover .

But again how many Ml do you water and what size are your pots.
You can water everyday, but if they aren't getting the right amount of water everyday they can still be underwatered.
A little dribble does not cut it.

There is a beautifully written post by one of the members on the correct watering procedures for our plants. But I dont know how to post a link.
So I will give them a shout

Oh! @Emilya . Sorry to disturb you. I just needed your link to watering and I didn't know how to copy it. Sorry to drag you along also..but while your here, Can you help please?

Hello Nunyabiz! Every day watering ....would not go to an overwatering problem? I ask you this because I understand that it is very easy to overwater them (biggest first time grower mistake)....and the majority say that once or twice a week ...at this stage is suficient. On the fertilizer bottles it is recomended to use it twice a week...so I am a litlle affraid not to over feed them. So...from your experience...every day water+fertilizer is ok? Thanks for your answer man!
Depends totally on the medium.
IF that is mostly coco then you should be watering about everyday.
I am in 20 to 25 gallon pots of living soil and after week 4 or so I am usually watering everyday.
Right now I water everyday, just enough to keep the soil moist.
I add very very little to my water, mostly just microbes and enzymes.
Some coconut water, Aloe Vera, Ferticell Algae and Yucca Extract.
The only real nutrient is the coconut water.
If you're bottle feeding synthetic salt based nutrients you do need to be very careful not to overfeed but if you're basically microdosing daily you should be OK

The biggest problem with overwatering is mostly the tilth of the medium and whether or not its in fabric pots.
If you're in a plastic pot and using something like say a Fox Farm Ocean Forest straight out of the bag then likely you can't water daily.
I have one plant in a small 7 gallon pot that I squeezed into my small space next to the two 20 gallon fabric pots I can't go two days without watering that pot or its damn near bone dry.
My soil tilth is loose and porous with lots of aeration and I always super oxygenate my water to draw oxygen down to the roots.

If your soil is right it should be pretty damn hard to overwater.
If your soil is like mud then it would be pretty hard not to overwater.

Here is a little chart for you

683085F3-CD71-4F43-A4E1-902FA9EE8FC2.png
Thanks a lot for this info man! I am truly grateful! I checked my PPFD level and it is between 300-400 (1 photo)
I checked the soil moisture and it is level 5 (2 photo...and it is ok ...if you look there it says that level 1-3 is dry/ level 4-7 is ok and level 8-10 is wet....i try to keep the soil between 4 and 7 on that meter)
The problem is that the soil is a bit alkaline (3 photo). Ph is 7,5. I try to water them with more distilated water to low down the ph and i can use some -ph solution to solve this problem.
In the 4 photo you can see the temperature and humidity...there are 75,9F and 51% humidity....I think that is ok.
But at the end of the light period my little plants look like in photo 5....and it is a sad thinking that the numbers for light/moisture/temperature and humidity are ok.
E27FC170-64F2-4344-BF49-3CAC3F66DCA4.jpeg
EF88DAB8-C352-46D3-97B9-674E7DC57CCB.jpeg
7CB92973-4F59-40BA-B59F-C6022EF375C9.jpeg
E54CF85B-B529-452F-B4AC-72E78BFA7022.jpeg
A0C91E32-8CBA-4071-86B1-F2145A8DFC90.jpeg
1E0DD42A-B84A-4D7F-8FD5-11DDD6AA8D04.jpeg

Thanks a lot for this info man! I am truly grateful! I checked my PPFD level and it is between 300-400 (1 photo)
I checked the soil moisture and it is level 5 (2 photo...and it is ok ...if you look there it says that level 1-3 is dry/ level 4-7 is ok and level 8-10 is wet....i try to keep the soil between 4 and 7 on that meter)
The problem is that the soil is a bit alkaline (3 photo). Ph is 7,5. I try to water them with more distilated water to low down the ph and i can use some -ph solution to solve this problem.
In the 4 photo you can see the temperature and humidity...there are 75,9F and 51% humidity....I think that is ok.
But at the end of the light period my little plants look like in photo 5....and it is a sad thinking that the numbers for light/moisture/temperature and humidity are ok.
E27FC170-64F2-4344-BF49-3CAC3F66DCA4.jpeg
EF88DAB8-C352-46D3-97B9-674E7DC57CCB.jpeg
7CB92973-4F59-40BA-B59F-C6022EF375C9.jpeg
E54CF85B-B529-452F-B4AC-72E78BFA7022.jpeg
A0C91E32-8CBA-4071-86B1-F2145A8DFC90.jpeg
1E0DD42A-B84A-4D7F-8FD5-11DDD6AA8D04.jpeg
Howdy do
Those moisture metres are not accurate at all.
Ive had them in the past. I believe a lot of members have also tried them and have found the same.

Howdy do and welcome

If you can rule out heat and RH. That is 2 factors taken out.
If it was light or nutrient problems. The leaves would be showing stress.
Theres another 2 taken out .
I believe they are simply under watered. How many ml of water do you give them at one time? As a lot of water will go to evaporation when there is a large surface area of soil exposed to the light .
My mature plants are in similar pots to that and have been since week 4 And I've always had to fully saturate the soil more than 3 times per week.

This photo is of the leaves of my plants that were underwatered
Screenshot_20210311-182846.jpeg

The fingers are pointing down and droopy. .
if you water at the base of the plant, ( like your photos show) and the rest of the soil is bone dry, it will absorb into the dryer parts.
You need to be watering away from the base of the plant also, to let the roots chase the water.
I do believe it is a simple case of not enough water.
how big are your pots?

If these were my plants I would
Soak the soil until you see a little bit coming out of the bottom of the pot with a pH of 6.5 and see what happens . You can't kill the plant as I don't believe they are drowning from over watering. It will recover .

But again how many Ml do you water and what size are your pots.
You can water everyday, but if they aren't getting the right amount of water everyday they can still be underwatered.
A little dribble does not cut it.

There is a beautifully written post by one of the members on the correct watering procedures for our plants. But I dont know how to post a link.
So I will give them a shout

Oh! @Emilya . Sorry to disturb you. I just needed your link to watering and I didn't know how to copy it. Sorry to drag you along also..but while your here, Can you help please?
Thanks a lot for your answer! I put 500ml twice a week for every plant there. I am not sure but I think there are 5galon pots (20l). I will start to water them 2 times per week with water and 2 times per week water+fertilizer. Thanks again!

ps: hope you can find that link..cheers mate!

Back
Top Bottom