auto flower newb please help

stanleywilson

newb needs help i have 20 autoflowering seeds and 2 1000 watt halide bulbs im seeing people use different lighting solutions, can i use these lights? sorry if it is a stupid question but im new room dimensions are 10x10x8 ty

Man, I wish I had that much space, someday.

Anyway, yes you can use those lights with autos. You'll probably want something less intense for seedlings like a T5 or some CFL's, but definitely you can use MH, HPS is preferred for flowering, but you may need a different setup, if yours doesn't use both MH and HPS bulbs.

I started off with T5 and intended to by a MH/HPS setup, but went with an LED instead. So please take my advise with a grain of salt, as it's based off of a lot of reading and not a lot of experience. That being said, you should be just fine. I believe if you start the seeds under the MH, they will stretch quite a bit right away. If you start the seedlings off with fluorescents, CFL or Tsomething, you should get much tighter node spaceing, less stretch.

Hope this helps! If I am wrong, I am sure a more experienced grower will set us straight. :)

Good luck Stanley! Be sure to start a grow journal so we can follow along! I really want to see 20 autos rolling at the same time :) :thumb:

and, Welcome to :420: :high-five:

I am growing autos and I started them for their firsts 8 weeks under CFLs. They did start to flower even at 18/6 and are continuing to flower now in a greenhouse. Autos don't appear to get very tall. I suppose they are also designed for smaller spaces. I won't use them again only because they take so long to recover from any stress or changes. But you can look at my journal at the bottom of my post and see for yourself. If you have specific questions about my plants, ask away. I don't know much about bulbs or the like. I knew I just needed to veg them to get started before it was warm enough to go out in the greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom