Auto-flowering flowering time

Jmann69

420 Member
Good morning everyone, I have a question about the flowering time on my Northern Lights Auto. Most seed banks state 8 weeks flowering. So does that mean that this auto will be at its peak in 11-12 weeks? First grow and learning a lot here. Thanks

Thanks so much. When I purchased the NLA I was under the impression that the total grow time was 8 weeks. Sitting on week 9 from seed. Getting close. After some research, I realized they were talking about flowering time. As I said, I've learned so much from this forum. Thanks again, Jmann

Forget what they say the timeline is there are allot of factors involved and time can vary. You should judge when to harvest dependent on what kind of high you want and that is determined by your trichomes, usually when they turn half amber and half still milky is best!

Good morning everyone, I have a question about the flowering time on my Northern Lights Auto. Most seed banks state 8 weeks flowering. So does that mean that this auto will be at its peak in 11-12 weeks? First grow and learning a lot here. Thanks

They started to flower between 3 to 4 weeks. Its a little over 2' tall. It grew straight up and did not bush out at all. I screwed up and transplanted and I think I shocked it.

Jmann,

Thank you for the reply. This is my first indoor grow and I have been reading and following as much as I can about autos. I have 4 going and I think I am going to top 2 of them. You should be ready for harvest in 2-3 week?

I would love to know what your yield ends up being.

What kind of lighting are you using?

I have all cfl and fluorescent tubes.

I only have one going now. And it is one I tried transplanting and it went into shock. I have one small cola at the top and about 10 small nuggs. It really didn't branch out. It shot straight up. I hope I at least get a half oz. Not looking so good. I just germ'ed 3 more. All being started in 5 gallon buckets. Not messing with them this time. I am going to try the LST on them and see what happens.

I tried a few random bag seeds but after realizing how much of a noob I was, I passed them on to a friend and started these autos.

I am following the instructions in this thread:

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

I purchased the same supplies as he did except I am using fabric smart pots.

I am also following this grow journal. He topped his autos and it looks like it was quite successful.

Auto Topping LED Grow

I have seen some threads where people say that they are averaging 2oz under CFLs from their autos. I would be really happy to get that kind of yield.

I have never had an auto plant go into any kind of stunting due to transplanting. I have even experimented with transplanting at different stages of growth. I have had the exact reaction that you would expect from any phototropic plant. Now having said that.... I have had no increase in growth from plants that were pretty late into flowering, but, that is exactly what I would expect from a plant approaching senescence. As a plant matures of course it almost stops growing much new root mass and therefore it doesn't add much top growth either. For folks that have followed some of my experiments, I had an Auto Seeds Auto Kandy Kush this summer that was about 3 or so weeks till completion when a critter dug it out and knock over the half bushel basket it was growing in. I transplanted it into a full bushel basket and it just continued on as if nothing had happened except for some immediate wilting and a few lost leaves.
Remember autos aren't radically different a cultural stand point than a normal phototropic variety. The main factor is that you don't have the forgiveness of time in any mismanagement of the crop. I help a lot of folks in my old area with growing autos and I tell them all the same thing. The first 4-5 weeks are critical. Don't over or under water.....don't let them get too hot or cold.......and (this is the big one) don't over feed. They don't seem to be impacted by under or even no feeding. But over feeding can delay flowering and stunt the growth of auto flowers and you do not have time to flush out your mistakes. Slow and easy is the feeding schedule. But you know what?? They are a crap ton of fun to grow and watch! Best of luck in all you grow!

I have 3 auto Trainwreck's going and a cat dug 2 of my seedlings out breaking the root about 2cm below the stock. I put them back in soil hoping they root but not sure this is my first auto grow, and I've been told any stress at all will result in yield loss.

Back
Top Bottom