Auto-Flowering Plant Help?

sexymanwilly

420 Member
Strain - Nirvana's Bubblicious (Indica, 3 plants)
My 3 Bubblicious plants are refusing to flower. They are auto-flowering seeds so I thought they would just flower, like my White Widow and my Blackberry Kush did.

They just keep growing (up) even after snipping the tops. There hasn't been any signs of flowering at all. All 3 plants are about 5 months old, from seed. They are in a grow tent using hydroponics. PH is about 5.5-5.9. Temp is around 70-75F day time, and 60-65F night. Using recommened amounts of floragro, florabloom, and floramicro.

I have already tried to kill the lights for 24 hours and switching it from 18-6 to 12-12. Change the Bulb from MH to HPS (I believe, current bulb is the orangeish one).

I have read other people having problems like this before with the certain strain, but anyone have any ideas on how to force them to flower?

Well there are 2 things I can think of. the first you tried but you just didn't go long enough. 12-12 lighting will do the tirck if you go long enough. Over a week, and maybe a few days into bloom.

Another way is to use chitosan but you may not have access to that.

Well there are 2 things I can think of. the first you tried but you just didn't go long enough. 12-12 lighting will do the tirck if you go long enough. Over a week, and maybe a few days into bloom.

Another way is to use chitosan but you may not have access to that.

I believe I have had it as 12-12 for almost 2 weeks, if i am correct on my timing.
Chitosan?
Would this do by any chance?:
ODC Home and Garden, Colloidal Chitosan 16 fl oz | Forestry Distributing North America's Forest Products Leader

there is also some power ones on Ebay that i could grab as well.

WOW...nice I am gonna have to try that. I didn't know yo could get it over the counter but one way that was super expensive. I guess that isn't much cheaper.

I make my own...but that will likely do the trick.

Go lightly. Too much could force them to hermi. It wont take much.

I am gonna have to try that stuff.

It gives the plant a false allergic reaction. It makes the plant think it is infested with insects but it is not. So it has full use of all its resources but thinks it is under attack and does a whole host of things to preserve the species. Growing bigger flowers is one of them so the right dose increases yields between 6-15%. It also increases resistance to all sorts of disease and makes some plants straight up immune to certain problems. The resin production goes way up to make the plant in hospitable which is an added bonus.

The down side is too much can cause it to totally freak out. I have caused regular photo plants to go full bloom in 24 hour light. I have forced plants that are blooming to hermi and when I stop the chitosan so do they. I am going to force a small one to seed this way and see if I get decent fems down the road.

I give it one week before switching to bloom and I can sex 24 hours into bloom. After about 4 days the plant will want to bloom. I would give it once and wait a week and then give it once more and see what happens.

I don't know how to dose that but if it says something like 1 tbs per gallon I would wait till the soil is dry and give it a deep watering with that powder stuff at half the recommended dose. Then after a week if nothing happens do a full dose.

Advanced Nutes sells that stuff mixed up for $65 a bottle. I make it from this stuff. 1 bag is like a life time supply. For small time like me.

crab_meal.JPG

I bet (and I plan to try this) you could just steep a bit of this in a watering can a few days and get enough out to be effective.

Back
Top Bottom