Auto-Flowering White Widow Lowlife Under CFL'S New to Growing

Re: Auto-flowering white widow lowlife under CFL'S new to growing.

Hey smokey, that 65watter will make your buddy happier than ever for sure! I got my journal started, but as far as making a new post, do you just reply to your own thread?

yeah man u just post a reply, just seen your thread looks great!! oh a wee tip about pics go into your gallery and upload pics and then in the quick post box at the bottom of the page click on the camera with the green arrow and that should bring up a page of your pics and then just select what 1 u want on your thread! :) i changed my mind about the 65 watt and going to get a 125 watt eco light for veg and the same for flowering lol:hookah:

Sweet thanks for the Pic uploading info man lol that was starting to aggrivate me. And i like the sound of 125w, but do you know the lumens rating? That one with 4300 lumens sounded perfect, but the more the better!!

lol i know the feeling haha it has about 7000 lumens lol and its only £25 inc delivery and they do a 125 watt 2700k and that has around 10000 lumens so im happy cos im only growing the 1 plant lol

Grow_pic.jpg
Grow_pic_3.jpg
Grow_pic_2.jpg

some pics taken today :)

hello people i got a question for ya.... how long does a auto flowering plant veg for as my white widow is a auto and how long does it flower for? its 10 days old already :)

Hey Smokey1507! I'm subbed! You are in Ireland? That's totally cool. Awesome. Never been there, would like to visit someday.
As for your soil, and your lights, I would go ahead and take out that 60 W household bulb. It's not needed. Unless you are only using it to regulate heat somehow. It's not giving any usable light to the plant. And it could be drying out the soil as well. However, it IS normal for the top of the soil to be dry, and damp underneath. The top soil will always dry faster, as it's exposed directly to air. But if yours is like, really really dry, then it's probably the light. The give out a lot of heat.
I would like to add a few tips, if I may. I am hoping these will help you in your grow. These are important.
1. If you use fertilizer, make sure to use the right one for the stage. Veg stage requires more N (Nitrogen) than P or K. So, don't use a bloom fert. during veg, they contain more PK than N. Your leaves wont' get enough nutrients to get the buds through the last 2 wks of flowering. Possibly. use something like Fox Farms Grow Big. Or a cheaper similiar one. Lots of N, less PK for veg. Lots of PK, less N during flowering.
2. I would LST if in a small area. I would top the plant as well. There are some good guides on this site. Here is one for LST:
A Brief Guide to LST
Topping is good as well. Here is a link for that:
Topping
3. Since you are using CFL's, do your best to keep the branches the same distance from the lights. Tie em down, do whatever, but keep the tops 2-3 inches away from the lights, as best you can. CFL's lose their lumen after about 4 inches. Not all of them, but it's not like a HID light that is really strong.
4. Get a pH tester. Like, asap. You need to test your pH frequently, every 4 waterings or so. If your pH gets out of hand, I think it can kill your plant. So, test the pH of the water by itself, the water/nute combo, and the runoff from the plant after you water. You want between 6.3 and 6.9. If it gets too low or high, your plant will not take up nutrients. It's called lockout. Bad juju.
Those are some important things I learned on my current grow. It's my first grow. I read alot on here, and everyone is very helpful. I learned what I know from them. And watching it in action lol.
Good luck on your grow, hope you can get some lights. By the way, it that tinfoil that you are using on the sides? If so, try to replace asap. It will create heat spots. Use flat white paint, or mylar, or panda plastic. If you can. I'm subbed, want to watch this one! :cool:

ok damn. Now I just read the rest of the journal. sigh. I thought I had read it all already, so I posted. Looks like I didn't. Oops.
As far as lights go, I have to say, I would want more 6400 or 6500 and 2700, less of the 4200. Now this is just my opinion. From what I have read, the 4000 to 6000 range doesn't do much for the plant. But I could be wrong. I don't want to start up any sunlight/lumens/ etc arguements lol. I am sure it's fine though. It's much much better than the 2 cfl and 60w household light you had :smokin:
As far as autoflower goes, I have no idea. I have never really checked into those. I might, but the idea of a modified seed, well, it's still weird to me lol. Hopefully someone else can answer that question for ya.

lol guitarman i agree the 60 watt household light is a big no no! thanks for the info its always good to have other people's info :) nothing new to report be back later with more pics :blunt:

Photo01131.jpg

so people here is my pic of my 125 watt 6500k it produces around 7000 lumens so hope d plant likes it :)

Holy smokes Smokey lol that things huge. It screws into a regular light socket?? Thats perfect man with that and your other lights, you should have a plentiful harvest!! Post some plant pics!!!

well man its one big light for £25 and they do a 2700k for the same money and the 2700k has 10000 lumens, you need your sunglasses when its on lol no it fits into a e40 socket but couldnt find one anywhere in my town so i just wired it up VERY CAREFULLY!!!! i will be putting pics up tomorrow... day 14... plant still very small but i read that the first two weeks are just root forming so im expecting a lot of groth in the next week or so... fingers crossed, ive moved my grow into a different closet as im scared shitless of putting that big light into a cardboard box just incase it goes on fire haha. going to invest in some ph sticks in the next couple of days just to keep an eye on things :)

Photo01161.jpg
Photo01152.jpg
Photo01142.jpg

so people here are some pics at 14 days old .... do things look normal lol the 3rd set of leaves are begining to show please tell me how they look :) looking forward to the comments :roorrip:

sorry about the bad quality of the pics they were taken on a phone camera :)

Hey bro been checking out your grow for a while. Just want to say everything is looking great so far! I'll be keeping an eye out on your post and can't wait to see her get to harvest! Good luck and keep it up!

thanks man its good to get positive feedback from other growers :)

hello people i got some bad news :( my partner knocked the plant over and im sorry to say it did not survive but i just ordered a northern lights seed so just waiting on delivery ...... i will be back very soon with a new thread..... big thanks for all the support during my grow and hope to see you all very soon with a new thread..

hello people i got some bad news :( my partner knocked the plant over and im sorry to say it did not survive but i just ordered a northern lights seed so just waiting on delivery ...... I will be back very soon with a new thread..... Big thanks for all the support during my grow and hope to see you all very soon with a new thread..
r.i.p

Back
Top Bottom