Auto pots

What’s up 26? Ok first I’ve never ran an autopot but know it’s a type of sub irrigated planter or bottom water device….

if your plant is already established in the autopot then it should be safe to place it right back in the tray so it can be watered without waiting for the soil to going dry. One of the benefits of these SIP’s is not having to fight the slower growth of the wet dry cycle.

the wet dry cycle is important (for most soil types excluding living organic soil) in top watering containers. The real issue is lack of oxygen to the roots from continuously wet soil however autopots & SIPs use an air gap so the water doesn’t go stagnant & roots at bottom still have access to oxygen because of that air gap

if however your plant has recently been transplanted into the autopot you may need to top water until roots hit the reservoir or air gap

do you have any pics? how old is the plant? how many nodes or pairs?

just to be safe let’s get more of the crew to drop intel

When you refill the tank for auto pots do u wait for soil to go dry before put new tank through
I always added to the reservoir when it got down to 2-3 gallons. I'm guessing you have the 12 gal. res. or did you get the big one ? I had the 12 gal. with the 4 - 7 gal pots.

What’s up 26? Ok first I’ve never ran an autopot but know it’s a type of sub irrigated planter or bottom water device….

if your plant is already established in the autopot then it should be safe to place it right back in the tray so it can be watered without waiting for the soil to going dry. One of the benefits of these SIP’s is not having to fight the slower growth of the wet dry cycle.

the wet dry cycle is important (for most soil types excluding living organic soil) in top watering containers. The real issue is lack of oxygen to the roots from continuously wet soil however autopots & SIPs use an air gap so the water doesn’t go stagnant & roots at bottom still have access to oxygen because of that air gap

if however your plant has recently been transplanted into the autopot you may need to top water until roots hit the reservoir or air gap

do you have any pics? how old is the plant? how many nodes or pairs?

just to be safe let’s get more of the crew to drop intel
There's no Air gap in Auto Pots. They use Air Domes within the Soil or Coco to supply the air from a pump.

Back
Top Bottom