Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Hi all,

Great thread! I have started my first grow using auto fem White Widow seeds. I have made about a million mistakes so far, (once I can navigate a little better I will have pictures) I have tons of questions but don't want to be annoying. So I will just ask I don't see many using hydro, do autoflowering not preform optimally in hydro? Also I have a 1000w hps is this overkill for autoflowers? Lots more but I'll stop here.

1000 watt is perfect and there's a bunch of hydo auto going one grow chick just pulled over a lb from 4. Post ur problems ect. That's what this is all about

Well the first mistake I made was I didn't make a journal! The next wasI bought a grow box cash crop 4.0 it came with a one gallon reservoir with 6 2in net pot holes. I planted all six spots, surprisingly only one died. I had them in this little reservoir for almost 4 weeks! Lol when the pH was going out of control that is when I bought my 1000w hps and placed the 5 plants now in a small 5 gallon container thinking hey I'm going up 5x! They will love this which they did. But again the roots filled and the pH went crazy. I read another thread about the "Cap'n style" as discussed on 420 (awesome grower) and then transplanted them again to a 27 gal tote.... Now granted they are still in this tiny little one gallon reservoir lid in 2in net pots with only rapid rooters! Lol lol lol lol my plants are about 30 in tall and have some nice buds forming but I think I'm going to run out of time to really worry about any sort of yield. I'll be happy with a couple zips after this debacle!

.....I don't see many using hydro, do autoflowering not preform optimally in hydro? Also I have a 1000w hps is this overkill for autoflowers? Lots more but I'll stop here.

Snotbubbles....:rofl: sorry that just cracked me up. I'm a hydro grower and auto enthusiast. I got over a lb off of two autos using 600w to veg and 1000w for bloom. I am close to harvesting this crop and expect a lb or more off of the three I've got going. Thought earlier that I might get a lb off of the 137cm BK, but she just isn't fattening up like the previous ones did. Meh, it's all good. Not like I'm not going to start more just as soon as I harvest these.:)

What type of hydro system do you run rifleman... And thanks for the response

DWC, one plant per basket in five gallon buckets. Take a look at my current journal in my signature below. One thing I would recommend, and it is rare I make recommendations for anyone. Consider something along the lines of Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect for your fertilizers. I've used them for over a year now and only recently took a chance and quit checking pH and trusted the nutrients. So far all is well. Many companies make pH buffering nutrients, I just happen to use AN. It really takes a lot of the work and worry out of small reservoir dwc growing.

Hi all,

Great thread! I have started my first grow using auto fem White Widow seeds. I have made about a million mistakes so far, (once I can navigate a little better I will have pictures) I have tons of questions but don't want to be annoying. So I will just ask I don't see many using hydro, do autoflowering not preform optimally in hydro? Also I have a 1000w hps is this overkill for autoflowers? Lots more but I'll stop here.

I grow in hydro under 1000W hps, and, no, it's never overkill.

DWC, one plant per basket in five gallon buckets. Take a look at my current journal in my signature below. One thing I would recommend, and it is rare I make recommendations for anyone. Consider something along the lines of Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect for your fertilizers. I've used them for over a year now and only recently took a chance and quit checking pH and trusted the nutrients. So far all is well. Many companies make pH buffering nutrients, I just happen to use AN. It really takes a lot of the work and worry out of small reservoir dwc growing.

I run a very similar system, and I can tell you, pH is a nightmare to control when you don't use buffered nutes (I don't).

Snotbubbles....:rofl: sorry that just cracked me up. I'm a hydro grower and auto enthusiast. I got over a lb off of two autos using 600w to veg and 1000w for bloom. I am close to harvesting this crop and expect a lb or more off of the three I've got going. Thought earlier that I might get a lb off of the 137cm BK, but she just isn't fattening up like the previous ones did. Meh, it's all good. Not like I'm not going to start more just as soon as I harvest these.:)

And, yeah, what he said :rofl:

I pulled 7.5 ounces dry weight off one auto which veg'd under 600W and bloomed under 1000W light.

go big or go home as they say.i have used advanced nutrients grow from the very beginning of my growing journey.i guess I just picked right at the time coz I didn't have a clue what to buy.but when I noticed ph perfect.that made my decision final.i have never used anything else for veg.as with advanced nutes grow as in veg feed. I have never really seen any problem with any of my plants in veg with this feed. its awesome;)happy growing every1;)

go big or go home as they say.i have used advanced nutrients grow from the very beginning of my growing journey.i guess I just picked right at the time coz I didn't have a clue what to buy.but when I noticed ph perfect.that made my decision final.i have never used anything else for veg.as with advanced nutes grow as in veg feed. I have never really seen any problem with any of my plants in veg with this feed. its awesome;)happy growing every1;)

I will second that beast . :thumb:
Be safe .

Back
Top Bottom