Autoflowering

davduggie13

Anyone want to comment about autoflowering seeds. I've always used regular seeds in a dedicated grow room, but have moved into a smaller space. I have a garage full of things and found a corner where I can grow. I'm thinking to buy autoflowering fem seeds. Any comments about, or recommendation will be appreciated. Thanks!:peace

Just started an auto grow my self , read up plenty about them
i had to do autos for the winter and space is smaller also
they dont like much nutes
they like the soil as loose and possible , you can see my mix
plant seed in the pot not solo cups or small pots ( THEY DONT LIKE BEING TRANSPLANTED ) use nice big pot if you can
Lights some say 20/4 some say 18/6
use small lights to start then increase
make a journal so you can look back ,
if i think of any thing else ill let you know ...... vegging is the most important part no room for mishaps , you dont want them to stunt or stop to heal

check my link below , ( paddy goes auto for the winter )

Good luck and happy sailing

They're fun, on my first run. Get a good soil mix and you don't need much else, besides light and water. Very easy, but like anything you can screw them up. Paddy hit the possible areas you can go wrong.... good luck. Plenty of info out there, but check the date of what you're reading, autos have come a long way, just keep your expectations realistic.

what lights? ive got 600-1000w hps with blue or red bulbs Which work well for regular grow? Ive got small florescents also.
when you say 20/4 or 18/6.

Odor, do these auto flowering put off much? Ive got filters. My neighbors are close.

do the auto flowering have any less odor?
18/6 lighting, what size? I use flourescents for veg and have 600 - 1000 watt hps lights, for flowering. do I turn on the HPS lighting from the beginning?

Is there any less ordor with the Auto Flowering than the regular plants?
This will b my 1st Auto grow. I use 18/6 Flourescents for veg and 600-1000w hps12/12 for flowering, should I turn on the hps lights from beginning?
:peace:what wattage?
Is there much difference in the yield of the auto compared to reg?

Is there any less ordor with the Auto Flowering than the regular plants?
This will b my 1st Auto grow. I use 18/6 Flourescents for veg and 600-1000w hps12/12 for flowering, should I turn on the hps lights from beginning?
:peace:what wattage?
Is there much difference in the yield of the auto compared to reg?

They will smell just as much as a photo plant would. 18/6 for the whole grow, no 12/12 with an auto. Use CFL for about two weeks, then get it under the hps. 600 watt should be more than enough for an auto, no sense in wasting electric with the 1kw. Some autos have been known to easily spit out 4 ounces, just gotta get your environment right.

In an order I got from Herbies they included some freebies one of which was a Strawberry Blue. It must have been auto because in just 3 weeks of sprouting it went full into pistils and didn't get much veg time. Of course I didn't know much about them and was kind of disappointed in the smoke I got from it.

Funny thing is on the next order from same shop I got yet another freebie which was a Strawberry Blue. It's in my present grow. This one certainly is not an auto-flowering strain and it turned into a nice female with big, broad, very serrated leaves. Looks like a cabbage plant the node spacing is tight and there are loads of buds on her just 2-1/2 weeks into flowering. I plan on crossing at least a few of her buds with some pollen from the males I've got in this grow. Would like to pass on those genes for later use.

I am almost to harvest with a couple of Bubble Kush Autos. The best advice I can give you is give them the proper environment either soil or hydro. Stay on top of ph measurements. Mine are around 28 and 39 inches tall, and did not start smelling at all until the resin started showing on the leaves. It gets stronger each day, and smells like buttermilk to me, or the used milk after a giant bowl of fruit loops. :laughtwo: Take a look over my journal and shoot me any questions you have over there. I'll try to help where I can, and there are some much more knowledgeable folks following along over there to help too.

Back
Top Bottom