Autoflowers and led

Grower2020

Ok so I have a question. If a plant requires 40-50 moles of light per day to flower . Does that mean you can grow more plants with less overall watts in lighting? Because autos flower in 18hrs of light which would mean they aren't getting 40 moles in 12hrs like photos but over 18hrs they would receive the same amount of moles if the light is underpowered by standards of a photo grow? Thanks hope to get some constructive feed back

Light Unit Conversion Table​

*These are general conversion factors. Some conversions may differ based on lamp type and brand*​

UNIT OF MEASURETYPE OF MEASUREMAINLY USED BYSUNLIGHTHPSMETAL HALIDE
FootcandlesVisible (human eye)Industry (US)111
LUXVisible (human eye)Industry (Europe)10.7610.7610.76
umol.m.2s1 of PARQuanta of light in PAR rangeHorticulture research0.020.0130.015
moles/day (PAR)"daily light integral": accumulated PAR light during an entire dayHorticulture research x hours of lightfootcandle x 0.00071 x hours of lightfootcandle x 0.00047 x hours of lightfootcandle x 0.00054
Watts/m.2 (total energy)Total energyEngineers, research0.1010.0740.089
Compares units so that you can make conversions to units with which you are familiar. The horticultural industry measure light in footcandles. This measure of visible light (i.e., light visible to the human eye) does not exactly correspond to the spectrum of light energy used by plants in photosynthesis (the range of 400 to 700 nm wavelengths, termed "photosynthetically active radiation or PAR")

DEFINITIONS
Lumen:A measure of light given off by a source. One lumen equals the amount of light emitted by one candle that falls on one square foot of surface located one foot from the candle.
Footcandle:A measure of radiant light from a standard candle that falls on one square foot of surface area at a distance of one foot.
LUX:A measure of radiant light from a standard candle that falls on one square meter of surface area one meter from the source.
Micromol:One micromol per square meter per second (umol.m.2s1). A unit of measure of the amount of light hitting a surface that is in the range of 400-700 nanometers.
WM.2:Watts per square meter (WM.2). A unit of measure of the amount of light energy hitting a surface that is in the range of 400-800 nanometers.

Are you talking about photosynthesis?

I will look to see if I have a conversion chart that includes LED.

Tok..

Here are some other conversion charts I have. Hope this helps.

edit: Also, this just is general information for myself.

Tok..

1620225210677.png

1620225301438.png

So a 600 watt samsung led lm301b is equal to a 2000watt hps ?
Here are some other conversion charts I have. Hope this helps.

edit: Also, this just is general information for myself.

Tok..

1620225210677.png

1620225301438.png
so a 600watt lm301b samsung led is equal to a 2000watt hps is that right?

Back
Top Bottom