Autoladies: #1 SweetSeeds Big Devil Auto x3 (first ever grow)

Sweet23

Hello there everyone at 420 =)

It took me a few days to find some motivation but after a photo shoot with the ladies I couldn't wait to put fingers to keys and introduce you all!

Well I best give you the all important information to get you up to speed, bad bits first, had a couple mistakes along the way e.g. Forgot to ph water a couple of times, left too long between feedings or didn't give them enough to drink, gave my poor babies nute burn and got some pesky little flies but I'm pretty sure I've killed nearly all of them using good ol' fashion methods... Squishing the buggers! Fly paper going in tomorrow too.

Now the good stuff;
Sweet Seeds Big Devil Auto, type: Ruderalis
All 3 are in flower and started at the same time (they're 11wks on the 15th) but there's about a week (give or take) between all three.
Indoor, tent is 1.2m x 1.2m, CFL 250w x2 (One red & one blue), 20/4 light cycle, 7.5ltr pots with canna coco medium, grown with canna coco A + B, cannazym + rhizotonic (when I remembered =/ ). Currently all are having a feed every day 1 5.8 ph'd water and the other 2 A+B 1.0 EC on my bluelab truncheon with water feeds inbetween all 5.8ph

I also have 4 new babies that hatched a few days ago and another little lady that I'll need some help with for sure but for now, here's the girls =D

IMG_068321.JPG

This is Big Mama, nearly ready to harvest, in a day or two she'll be having her 24hrs of darkness.
IMG_068823.JPG

Stumpy, she's the furthest behind but has a lot more bud growth than the other two.
IMG_068519.JPG

This is Gangly, once the runt but now the tallest, she's about a week behind Big Mama
IMG_068624.JPG

Tomorrow I shall introduce you all to my latest addition, her I'll need some help with (EDIT: If you guys and gals don't mind of course!). I look forward to hearing your comments and I hope you like my little ladies.

For now, take it easy =)

Good morning everyone! I hope you had dreams full of skunky goodness :)

As promised I'll introduce you to my latest addition. Right then, first the back story, I'll try and keep it short!

About 4-5 months ago I planted some Pineapple Chunk and Jack47 seeds that I'd found in baggies, checked on 'em for a week or two then life got in the way and I forgot about them. Remembered the other day, looked and then asked my ma what had happened to them as the pots had gone too?! I was floored by her answer, and I quote; "Well, there was only one there and it was looking real sorry for itself so about 3 months ago I planted it in the garden... I'm pretty sure it's still alive you know." Well she was alive alright and absolutely tiny! That beauty got dug up, put in some canna coco and introduced to the sun god. Way I see it, she's got two chances.

Now my problem is: She's a normal, not an auto, she's got a teenytiny little bud starting on the top of her... Will she be alright with my girls on 20/4? Would that make her revert to veg? Is that even possible? Or will I have to give her 12 with the sun god then steal her away for her 12 dark? Any and all suggestions welcome :)

Anyway, here she is :)
IMG_067616.JPG
IMG_067724.JPG

Hi Neen :ciao:

Welcome to :420:

Reps for remembering about and saving that little beauty :thumb:

Under your lighting schedule, she should revert back to veg and grow new shoots :)

Are there nutrients in the canna coco? If not, you could give her a light dose of grow nutrients.

Just be gentle with her and let her do her thing.

:goodluck:

Why thank you Ricorico, have some reps m'friend. (EDIT: Will have to do this properly later on another post, hit the wrong key and didn't leave a comment :( )

I'm just glad my ma saved her so she was there when I did remember!

Nice, I thought she may but it's good to have conformation! No nutes as yet, just gave her a little ph'd water feed yesterday to help her settle in and I'll hit her with a light nute when I feed my babies in a minute. Would you recommend using the canna A+B or some Canazym and Rhizotonic? Don't want to hurt her after she's survived this far! Cheers :)

The canna A+B are your base nutrients, the other 2 are additives, good ones.

I would definitely use the Rhizotonic to help her root system, Cannazyme probably would not hurt either :)

Maybe a half dose for now and see how she reacts?

Your ph is spot on, but I have often read that you should never give only water when growing in coco,

This is from Coco Mania by Fatty:

1.never use plain water unless your flushing for harvest even if you're flushing out salt build up,

flush with your desired ph and ec until the runoff is the same as what your putting in .

2.ph 5.8 if you go even a bit over 6 you will get a calcium def a few weeks into flowering .

3.never let the coco dry water atleast once a day with 10 to 20 % runoff or you will get salt build up.

Well unfortunately I fed the babies before seeing your reply but I had no idea about not using just ph'd water, they don't seem to hate me for it though? Plus even when I just use ph'd water the truncheon reads between 0.4-0.6 EC that's without nutes? So much to learn!

Big Mama had just a water feed, she will be ready in a couple of days and I'm rather excited to say the least :D. The other 2 ladies (Gangly + Stumpy) had their standard 1.0 feed. Mini Micro pictured above had a very very light A+B (Along with the hatchlings), I'll give her some C+R on the next feeding.

Thank's for the info though Ricorico, I'll be sure to check out that thread :)

More lights on your next run neen!
Sub'd I wanna see how this comes out :)
Are your 2 lights 2700 and 6400? Maybe invest in two more of the same youll see a huge difference :)
Check out my lil stumpy girl if you get a chance!

Welcome aboard Thecanuck, pleasure to have you :D

These babes only had the red spectrum CFL chucked in there about 2-3ish weeks ago give or take, with that and all the info I've picked up recently, I'm hoping the next lot will be a better harvest. I haven't a clue what you mean.. '2700 and 6400', got a box here but canne see what cha mentioned? More lights?! Space may be a problem? I'll take a piccy of my entire set up (goodies and all) so you guys can see what I've got to work with and post it shortly :)

I will be checking out your little one, no doubt about that :D

EDIT: Red CFL - 2700. Blue CFL - 6500.

As promised, here's the pictures:
IMG_069020.JPG

Okay... Maybe I could -squeeze- another light in there for the next babies...
IMG_069222.JPG

Compared to yesterday Mini Micro has grown and perked right up, I'm glad she's taken to her new home <3
IMG_069318.JPG

Hi! Nice plants and setup:thumb:.
Thats a Jardin tent too isn't it- recognize those big side windows same as mine. It"s awesome cause it really seals out the light well.
I'd love to follow along with your journal.:peace:

Welcome Autopsycho it's nice to have you :)

That's my hope too although I've just realised keeping her small while my other little-uns grow up so that she can have enough room and a 12/12 may be an issue... Anyone in the South East (UK) fancy putting her up when she's ready for flower? Rent will be paid from her sweet little (hopefully not) nugs... I am joking but it is a nice thought haha.

EDIT: Welcome to you too Flower Child and thank you! I'm more than happy to have you along for the journey :). Pretty sure that is the make but couldn't tell ya for sure, box is in the loft says 'DR120' on the tent. It does seal out the light like a beauty but it annoys me sometimes at how much the sides get sucked in, guess that's to be expected though?

Yep same tent-:high-five: And I hated losing all that space with those sucked in sides too. Especially since I tend to overstuff the tent with plants. After struggling with that issue the entire last grow, I added a small intake fan and that has made a huge difference this time!:peace:

Haha from looking at your thread I can see you do. Me? I was on the far side of caution, 3 autos in a 1.2mx1.2m :rolleyes3 won't make that mistake again. I hadn't even thought of an intake fan, think I'm going to take a note from your book and add one to the babies shopping list, cheers for the solution Flower Child :)

Welcome Icanhazbudz and Exemplarisch, I shall take a look at your journal momentarily =)

Cheers for the heads us about the other nutes, I may consider them once these have gone, but as Ricorico says, there's no sense spending more money yet, may as well use up what I have first! Plus, I'm a lucky little smoker, I have a friend who lent me my equipment and I got to buy all the nutes etc on the cheap so all is good, it's not like I paid the earth for them in the first place :)

Cheers for stopping by and the suggestions though, like I said, may check those out for next time.

Back
Top Bottom