Auto's big enough!

Obi 1

is there any way to concentrate the growth on outside auto's to bud? My auto's are tall enough now and in bloom( 8 weeks from bean) flowering for 2-3 weeks but are still getting taller/bigger, they are outside in a poly tunnel and between 130cms and 170cms the girls are Mimosa auto and Purple punch auto. Also at what point does the purple coloration make an appearance?
regardsto all.

Morning obi 1.
They've got their own clock buddy, the better you grow them the bigger they get....so you've only got yourself to blame for the size.:rofl:
I'm in the same boat but indoors, going into week 8 with a orange sherbet auto, put her in a 7 gallon pot so she's huge (that makes a difference to how long they veg). I've got around a foot of headroom left but flowers are coming on strong now, so the stretch should stop any day.
Have you got any photos of your outside girls?

Yep, here you go.

20210613_113405.jpg

20210613_113420.jpg

20210613_113428.jpg

20210613_113433.jpg

20210613_113442.jpg

20210613_113501.jpg

20210613_113438.jpg

I concur, beautiful girls you have there obi 1.
They should stop stretching soon by the looks of them.
If they get too tall and hit the roof, you can bend the tops over with a supercrop.
For future grows it's worth looking into a bit of LST training.

I concur, beautiful girls you have there obi 1.
They should stop stretching soon by the looks of them.
If they get too tall and hit the roof, you can bend the tops over with a supercrop.
For future grows it's worth looking into a bit of LST training.
LST with auto's is that too stressful for the short veg period? I have never tried I should read up on it.

Autos can take a bit of stress and perform really well these days. There's some great growers of autos on this site, they're topping them, up potting them, quadlining them,all sorts and still getting solid results.
I use LST myself, here's the Orange sherbet auto I was talking about, 7 weeks old using lst.
20210613_082519.jpg

20210613_082729.jpg

As you can see it makes them Bush a little wider, but keeps the height down.

They look really good I have to say very impressed. I know my plants are not so bushy but the polytunnel can get quite humid. I've had to harvest early for the last 2 years due to bud rot. Towards the end I defoliate and leave the doors of the tunnel open trying to reduce the humidity. But unfortunately you cant control the weather in july . I've ended up trimming and washing with h202, lemon juice and baking soda. The cured bud was rot free and quite smooth after 8 weeks in a jar. ZZ and critical autos from RQS.
Had some nice coal pictures last year. In a previous thread.

If it were me (and it has been lol) I'd pinch the stem about 3/4 way up until I can bend it at a right angle and wire it there - you're not so late into flowering that it will fk it up completely, and you'll end up with a kind of SOG canopy
Did it with success with a Durban Poison and though I didn't enjoy doing it, I don't think I lost much yield

Back
Top Bottom