Baby Steps

4veinte

Hola amigos. Retired to Puerto Rico back in Jan. 2013 and have been sourcing my stash from the US at a very expensive cost. Since I'm in the tropics, I thought that growing my own would not only be economical, but a lot of fun too. And so I started my research on what, where, how, and when. To start things off, I decided to use some seeds from my stash as an experiment. I also purchased 5 feminized Auto Lemon Skunk which I'll germinate as soon as I'm comfortable that I won't screw them up.

To start my project, I purchased the Constant Harvest Two Grow Box Combination Package from Unique Hydroponics. The boxes include six months each of grow and flowering nutrients and CO2 tablets. I also purchased the Indoor Humidity Monitor from AcuRite (00613A10), a PH meter, a TDS meter, Hydroton clay pebbles, a couple of timers, and a PH balancing kit.

I germinated one of my stash seeds in the grow medium included with the boxes back in July. I've included some photos taken on July 21 through today (Aug. 6, 2016) to show the growth and appearance of the plant. Hopefully it will be a lady. The plant is now 3" tall and growing by leaps and bounds.

I have the plants on an 18/6 schedule with nutrients applied once per week. I'm using distilled water for topping off and making sure the PH is constantly balanced. The temperature is in the upper 80s to low 90s depending on time of day. The humidity also varies between 48 and 60, again depending on the ambient climate.

The root system is really robust and the leaves are all a healthy green with no blemishes or fading.

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, it seems I should start to use low stress training pretty soon to stimulate growth on the lower leaves. I'm hoping for some guidance on this step as I don't want to upset the plant by jumping the gun on LST.

Please have a look at the photos and, if you're so inclined, provide some feedback or advice on your observations.

7-21-2016_2_46PM.JPG
7-26-2016_8_53AM.JPG
7-31-2016_4_39PM.jpg
8-2-2016_6_31PM.JPG
8-4-2016_1_15PM-1.JPG
8-6-2016_12_15PM-2.JPG

Thanks for the comment and the link Croatsan. I'll be keeping an eye on yours for comparison. Beautiful ladies you have there!!:thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the reminder! I'm 45 days into this grow. Started the flowering 12/12 cycle on 8/21/16. Not sure why or how but the plant began to wither as you'll see in the photos. I'm thinking I may have over fed. I'm feeding on Saturdays and topping off on Wednesdays. Using distilled water and PH balancing. Another cause may be my ambient temp which in some cases goes above 95F. I've begun to leave the cabinet door ajar for some added venting. Lastly for now, I'm not feeling to good about this one being a lady. I'm seeing more ball like things than the little whiskers. Actually, no whiskers yet :) In any case, please see photos of current state and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Happy growing!!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom