Closet CFL/Soil Grow

Ryan420

This grow started off an erge of reading grows continuously. An buying the books continuously.
The first two seeds where germinated 3.5weeks ago the other two were germinated about week and a few days.
Don't know the soil type
They are under two GE 55watt 2700k cfl
I don't know the temp inside yet but I will soon. I will be purchasing the right soil to transplant them into for the right ph balance. And also all the materials to get the ph right in soil and water including the chemicals to change and mergers to check.
I have them on 21 hr on 3hr off schedule
They seem to be having little problems one in particular but I'm either guessing. The light is too close or heat stress. Or ph balance in either water or soil.
I plan on building a new box better sealed and enough room for them to grow up in an air sealed for a later carbon filter set up and also plan on making a natural co2 producer using sugar yeast and water.
Please any suggestions on the grow, advice that could be helpful.
I'll have pics up very soon to show the set up and problems on plant.

So I've done some changes to the grow box. Also type of lights running and I'm about transplant them all into fox farm organic soil. I've now got it two stacked boxes lined with emergency blankets(mylar) so that the lights aren't so close cut down on heat stress. Also changed to 4-23watt 6500k cfl may add two more. Will start using ph balanced water soon and have everything situated and hopefully plants will survive and fluroush after changes. Will have pics soon I have to upload from my computer from my phone wish u could upload to the site straight from iPhones Grr..
Anyways will have pics coming soon and once everything runnin smoothly I can begin to post in the right format

Hi, just stopping by. You're better off putting a fan in there to control the temps and having your girls as close to the lights as possible. You definitely NEED a thermometer to know what the temps are like. Just go and spend a couple bucks and buy one with RH meter. This is a MUST. It's next to impossible to grow MJ without knowing the temp.

Sounds like a good start, remember when using CFL's, use 6500 k for vegging, and 2700k for flower, I like to mix it up usually two 6500 k , to one 2700 k for veg, and vice versa for flower. Getting a box is easy, you can make one, I did in my journal or go to craigslist and in the free section you'll see loads of dressers, old entertainment centers that work perfectly.

I also picked up a little thermometer from wal mart for $8, that reads the max, and min temp and humidity. It's perfect. The temps can be easily regulated in a small space using fans in an intake and exhaust setup. :goodluck:

:roorrip:

Check out my grow journal man, you need more light output for results like mine. Amazon.com 75 watt CFLs 6500K equal to 200 watt output x 4 is what I am running. Huge growth very fast.
Soil should be Fox Farms Ocean, extra nutes just burn the plants. Fantastic quality soil. Mix with an entire small bag of Perlite. You do Not want water retention in your soil. MJ likes to breathe, including the roots a little.
Highandwired is right, need air movement to strengthen the stems and to help stop powdery mildew... which was a problem for me recently. Venting is not important while they are seedlings, but soon you will need it to stop mold and kill the smell of you house smelling like a pot farm. LOL :bigtoke:

Check out my grow journal man, you need more light output for results like mine. Amazon.com 75 watt CFLs 6500K equal to 200 watt output x 4 is what I am running. Huge growth very fast.
Soil should be Fox Farms Ocean, extra nutes just burn the plants. Fantastic quality soil. Mix with an entire small bag of Perlite. You do Not want water retention in your soil. MJ likes to breathe, including the roots a little.
Highandwired is right, need air movement to strengthen the stems and to help stop powdery mildew... which was a problem for me recently. Venting is not important while they are seedlings, but soon you will need it to stop mold and kill the smell of you house smelling like a pot farm. LOL :bigtoke:

Remember actualy wattage is what matters, not incandescent equivalent. When the bulb says 75 watt actual (200 equivalent, for example) You only add the 75 watts when calculating your lights. :smokin:

Remember actualy wattage is what matters, not incandescent equivalent. When the bulb says 75 watt actual (200 equivalent, for example) You only add the 75 watts when calculating your lights. :smokin:

I agree, and it is blinding light in my tent LOL incandecent light give off of 800 watts! LOL! Have you seen my grow? I am proud of my first attempt so far, but of course, the true measure of success is in the #'s :)

I agree, and it is blinding light in my tent LOL incandecent light give off of 800 watts! LOL! Have you seen my grow? I am proud of my first attempt so far, but of course, the true measure of success is in the #'s :)

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Four 75 watt (actual) (200 watt incandescent equivalent) does not equal 800 watts. It would only be 300 watts total (75w x 4) Not 800watts. Also, controlling the light spectrum using 6500 k and 2700 k will maximize growth of the plant.

I'm concerned with putting 2700k with the 6500K while growing because I don't want to trigger flowering for at least 2 more weeks... I want the plants BIG. LOL. Although the clones I have seem to have hit a growth stump... me tinks due to the container size. I could be wrong about that. You need to look at my grow and then tell me my plants should be growing faster... any faster and I would have to install a constant water drip system in there.

Sorry Ryan I am not meaning to hijack this thread whatsoever, just trying to give insight that will be helpful for all!

lookin4fun, adding different light spectrum will not trigger flowering, you need to do more research regarding that. The plant will flower when you switch it into 12/12. Not by changing the spectrums, shoot me a PM if you wish, so this doesn't clog up Ryan's journal.

Thanks again and good look growing!!

You can safely veg your girls under ONLY 2700K lights. It's the number of hours of light that will trigger flowering. In nature, as the days get shorter and shorter through the summer, the plants receive fewer and fewer hours of daylight. At some point, there is a trigger and the plant goes into flowering. The light temperature, on the other hand, is changed because of the tilting of the earth at different times of the year. In nature...During spring and summer, we receive more of the 6500K light and during fall we receive more of the 2700K light...it just depends on the amount of each per season. That is why we try to replicate that indoors.

Sorry Ryan I am not meaning to hijack this thread whatsoever, just trying to give insight that will be helpful for all!

lookin4fun, adding different light spectrum will not trigger flowering, you need to do more research regarding that. The plant will flower when you switch it into 12/12. Not by changing the spectrums, shoot me a PM if you wish, so this doesn't clog up Ryan's journal.

Thanks again and good look growing!!

I'm with you on that...we should not be hijacking his thread....sorry about that

Alright I am replying now without even reading all posts but thanks for all replys it's more than helpful, updates got em all in fox farms, have 6 26w 6500k cfl an two 55w 2700k bulbs under two stacked boxes I know have temp and hum. Reader I know forsure I have one female I'm bout to change the set up I'm just so busy but I'm bout to post some pics

Oh an no please hijack I just read all ur posts loving it but help is always appreciated oh an I'm bout to start with big bloom from flora nova I believe. An I show a pic of all the books I've read twice lol I've learned apt I'm just not really applying it so busy working full time and school full time with friends an chicks shit hard to update I'm uploading all photos now while updating phone

img_44022.jpg

img_44031.jpg

img_44041.jpg

img_44061.jpg

img_4405.jpg

img_4407.jpg

img_5082.jpg

img_5037.jpg

img_50932.jpg

img_5094.jpg

img_5095.jpg

img_50961.jpg

img_51001.jpg

img_51052.jpg

img_51131.jpg

img_5116.jpg

img_5114.jpg

Hi Ryan420

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom