Bad taste

Mr gar

hell everyone .. i recently chopped off a purple queen and the smell was awesume ... so now after 2 weeks of drying i trimmed the excess leafs and made a ciggy the taste is not good the smell is perfect but tasts bad ..i left her for 2 weeks flushing she was in hydro and used canna products,.... any info can help as thisis my 4 timeand still getting same problem. last time i tried in soil got a lot less budsbut still ended up with the same taste ... she was a clone and gave a friend of mine another clone and hiss came out great in taste

hell everyone .. i recently chopped off a purple queen and the smell was awesume ... so now after 2 weeks of drying i trimmed the excess leafs and made a ciggy the taste is not good the smell is perfect but tasts bad ..i left her for 2 weeks flushing she was in hydro and used canna products,.... any info can help as thisis my 4 timeand still getting same problem. last time i tried in soil got a lot less budsbut still ended up with the same taste ... she was a clone and gave a friend of mine another clone and hiss came out great in taste
Hey how are you @Mr gar you have posted in wrong spot. I'll ask to move for you.
What exactly is your process. Are you jarring and curing your buds to break down chlorophyll? You only mention drying.

ohhh sorry where should i post it please .. i put them i air tight jugs and open and close them 3 times daily
They will move it for you. Probably to frequently asked questions.
I'm going to need to know your entire process ,in order to tell if its a process or product problem.

They will move it for you. Probably to frequently asked questions.
I'm going to need to know your entire process ,in order to tell if its a process or product problem.
i start flower as usuial using canna products this plamt was verry hungry so kept the ec at 2.7 with .8 of calmagand down to 2.0 in the final stages i start flushing 2 weeks before i cut them off ... make sure it is north weather so it is not damp ... the room is always 60 % humid with the humidifier ...i cut them hang the upsidedown for about 2 weeks of drying also keep the humidifier on ..then i bought the trim bud with i cut the buds off the branch and roll them in it so they are leaf free and in the jugs they go .. it has been 1 week of curing now but i left some of the bottom buds for another week so they could see some light and cut them off a week ago let me know what more info you need

Jug and nug

image.jpg

image.jpg

What color is the ash?
Did you spray the plants with anything in veg or flower?
Do you have a scope to look at buds to see if something got on them?
It could take 2-4 weeks of cure to get taste right. Some even longer depending on the strain and how it was grown.
That is a couple things I can think of.

Jug and nug

image.jpg

image.jpg
Awesome bud! Heres a link to follow when asking for help.

What color is the ash?
Did you spray the plants with anything in veg or flower?
Do you have a scope to look at buds to see if something got on them?
It could take 2-4 weeks of cure to get taste right. Some even longer depending on the strain and how it was grown.
That is a couple things I can think of.
the ash is a bit an the black side to be honest ... it is purple queen ..when i open the jug is smells devine
no spray at all no
yes i scope all was healthy and the trichomes were amber before i cut it
i had the mother in soil and the same thing happened
i use led lights the name is easy grow full spec 600w

shall i move it or will it be moved by admin
Awesome bud! Heres a link to follow when asking for help.

They Will move it I was just providing you with the link for future posts so you know what information to provide so other growers can help you to the most

I would have to say then it needs more cure time. When I get dark ash it is most of the time from smoking early uncured fully cannabis. It has not had the time to break down the chlorophyll. I also see full sugar leafs which is where that is stored the most. I would guess another week or two in jars it will smooth out and light gray or white ash will be seen.

purple queen
indica
cut off quring process
indoor
Hydro
15 ltrs in ro water
18 degrees c
If Hydro, what type of Medium ......
If Hydro, what type of Setup? dwc
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?........ 600 w
Is it Air Cooled?.... no
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?..... varies from 18 to 20
RH of Room/Cabinet? ......60 percent
PH of Medium or Reservoir 5.8
Any Pests ... no
How Often are you Watering... about 4 ltrs poer day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? canna
Size or Square Footage of Room? 13x 11 foot

purple queen
indica
cut off quring process
indoor
Hydro
15 ltrs in ro water
18 degrees c
If Hydro, what type of Medium ......
If Hydro, what type of Setup? dwc
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?........ 600 w
Is it Air Cooled?.... no
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?..... varies from 18 to 20
RH of Room/Cabinet? ......60 percent
PH of Medium or Reservoir 5.8
Any Pests ... no
How Often are you Watering... about 4 ltrs poer day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? canna
Size or Square Footage of Room? 13x 11 foot
Awesome! Others will jump in soon. I’m a soil grower so I know nothing about Hydro unfortunately sorry

the ash is a bit an the black side to be honest ... it is purple queen ..when i open the jug is smells devine
no spray at all no
yes i scope all was healthy and the trichomes were amber before i cut it
i had the mother in soil and the same thing happened
i use led lights the name is easy grow full spec 600w
For starters there is absolutely No reason to starve your girls before harvest.
You are missing out on alot of growth and rezin production by not feeding up until harvest.
There is a product called Rezin i use to help her along. But there are lots of similar products to help with taste and flavor. Check one out for next grow.
Did you turn lights off for 48hrs prior to chopping.
Other than water before harvest i don't see any flaws in procedure.
It usually takes 2 weeks to break down chlorophyll taste. Possibly longer for some strains.

You are missing out on alot of growth and rezin production by not feeding up until harvest.
There is a product called Rezin i use to help her along. But there are lots of similar products to help with taste and flavor. Check one out for next grow.
It usually takes 2 weeks to break down chlorophyll taste. Possibly longer for some strains.
sorry forgot to menction
forgit to mention I use cann boost and canna canazyne for flushing .

I would have to say then it needs more cure time. When I get dark ash it is most of the time from smoking early uncured fully cannabis. It has not had the time to break down the chlorophyll. I also see full sugar leafs which is where that is stored the most. I would guess another week or two in jars it will smooth out and light gray or white ash will be seen.
but my friend chopped it off 5 days ago and made a j and the tase it like the smell amaizing so it barley has dried let alone cured

They will move it for you. Give them a minute they probably busy.
today my country gave us 4 plants to grow so ohhh happy day to us all
any info for soil we are still buying everything from the internet so we cannot buy specific soil
What country?

Back
Top Bottom