Bandz First Time Grow - CFL - Bag Seed

TeeBandz

Long time reader. First time growing and journaling. I'll bring you up to speed as I'm about 20 days away from seed as of today

15 bag seeds
15 general hydroponics seed pods
Jiffy organic soil staring mix
4 inch plastic pots
23W CFL 6.5K x 2
8/15 seeds hatched
4 died & I murdered 1

3 seedlings praying for at least one female but If not I have a lot more seeds.

Not sure what I'm growing but I feel that it's "behind schedule".

Oh my grow setup:

I have an stackable washer and dryer sized Laundry room for the next 60 days. I'm ok with total plant height getting around 60 inches so I plan to veg until about 25-30 inches or so.

I have no clue what I'm doing but I think I have a plan. Please share any tips and feedback. Criticism is welcomed and encouraged as the community has proven to know it all.

So seedlings have received 24 hours of light since breaking soil prior to that they were in darkness 24 hours. I germinated in a paper towel and one the hatching started i dropped in a seed pot "I soaked it" and placed back in darkness.

Once they broke or I saw signs of life I immediately moved them under the lights.

I plan to veg in 24/0 until it's time to flower then I would switch to LED lights vs CFL and switch to 12/12

My only fear in this plan is male and/or hermie plants.

I heard about sexing them early but not really sure.

420-magazine-mobile1950973354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile860522628.jpg
420-magazine-mobile780099925.jpg
420-magazine-mobile108449891.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1390037476.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1935359789.jpg
420-magazine-mobile858348739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Long time reader. First time growing and journaling. I'll bring you up to speed as I'm about 20 days away from seed as of today

15 bag seeds
15 general hydroponics seed pods
Jiffy organic soil staring mix
4 inch plastic pots
23W CFL 6.5K x 2
8/15 seeds hatched
4 died & I murdered 1

3 seedlings praying for at least one female but If not I have a lot more seeds.

Not sure what I'm growing but I feel that it's "behind schedule".

Oh my grow setup:

I have an stackable washer and dryer sized Laundry room for the next 60 days. I'm ok with total plant height getting around 60 inches so I plan to veg until about 25-30 inches or so.

I have no clue what I'm doing but I think I have a plan. Please share any tips and feedback. Criticism is welcomed and encouraged as the community has proven to know it all.

So seedlings have received 24 hours of light since breaking soil prior to that they were in darkness 24 hours. I germinated in a paper towel and one the hatching started i dropped in a seed pot "I soaked it" and placed back in darkness.

Once they broke or I saw signs of life I immediately moved them under the lights.

420-magazine-mobile1950973354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile860522628.jpg
420-magazine-mobile780099925.jpg
420-magazine-mobile108449891.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1390037476.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1935359789.jpg
420-magazine-mobile858348739.jpg

You must remember these things take time to acclimate to their new surroundings and from what i see everything seems good. I would however add Perlite to the soil. Also, next time you water try adding 1tsp of Epson Salt/ per gallon to the plants to develop a nice green sheen as well as a preventative for Cal/Def....plants and different strains have their own growing periods, so using bag seeds without knowing a strain is very hard, have patience.....

Thanks for your comment. I was thinking that this may be different strains and the conditions may be ideal for one but not the other or so on. I'm getting anxious about not having enough light. Not having them in a bigger pot. Things like that

Looks like a 3 gall pot which is good for tight spaces..Again, patience is the name of the game. Just make sure you`re watering, adding nutes when needed and let Mother nature do its thing.. Bag Seeds are way hard to predict, so you either understand that, or purchase a strain (FEM) that has some predictability. IMHO, you`ll be fine....Don`t panic...

IMHO huge mistake. You`re stressing these babies out... At this point go to 16/8 for Veg state.. You`re over thinking, not good for a grow. You will make mistakes thats a Given, but, you`re really over doing it.....

You`re trying to duplicate Mother nature Indoors.. Try 16/8, you`ll be surprised how these girls will grow with no light...Within 10 days, you`ll see the difference....

I know all 15 might not go through but just remember pal 10 plant site here. Otherwise eyes might get interested in you to much.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420

Careful... This is how it starts... First it's a green thumb then it's full blown grow fever! Glad you're doing a journal, it will help those plants and you get to some nice buds at harvest. Looks like you've been reading some... :reading420magazine:

Good luck and KiG :green_heart:cheers

:Namaste: TeeBandz. I'm gonna sub up and follow along.

Just try to stay relaxed, hard I know. The hardest thing about growing is watching/waiting and doing nothing. More often than not growers cause their problems by over thinking and fiddling.

If you want to veg to 25" then flower, your going to want at least a #5 pot. Even a 25" veg in a #5 is too much IMHO. You have to watch how many budding sites you end up with. To many sites + small roots = airy fluff buds. Big roots=big fruits.

As a first timer though, you really should worry most about learning the hows and why's. Bag seed is a great place to start. You don't have $15 per seed on the line. And if you get a male or two, you have time to learn topping, LST, super cropping or whatever you want on them before doing it to a prized female and before the males set pollen.

Do you have anything on hand for pests if you get them? If I may I'd like to draw your attention the BobBrown14's IPM (Integrated pest management) strategy. Pest hate it, plants love it. Best to stay ahead of the curve.

Skip past the talk about crows and you'll find a foliar recipe and more.

Radogast 2016 - The Neverending Growing

Any questions you have, we are happy answer.

:peace:

So I've topped two out of the 3. The struggle plant is improving but meh. I've been at 16/8 for the last 4 days. Added nutes for the first time yesterday in a very small amount.

Added banana peels to soils about 1/3 peel of small banana per plant.

Adding worms to soil next week.

Also saw my first "gnat" in my grow area this morning.

Plants have been getting about 4 hours or daylight per day this week since the weather has been so nice but that may end if we start having pest.

Thanks for reading

Mary Cures My Anxiety!

My first grow is

Bandz First Time Grow - CFL - Bag Seed

If there is one gnat, there will be more soon. Get yellow sticky cards if you don't already have them. Also, read the following info. I use this and the girls love it. Pest hate it. Highly recommend you do this.

RE: IPM routine - what I do is add in some Pro-tekt every time I foiler spray. Pro-tekt is silica which is the 2nd most abundant element after oxygen found on earth. It's not readily available to plants or humans without help from our friends the soil microbes.

My foiler recipe is:

1 gal water
1 tbs Fulpower
1/2 tsp Pro-tekt
neem cake meal - 2-3 tbs
1-2 tbs Kelp meal ground up in a grinder (coffee or food grinder) -

I put the neem cake meal and the kelp meal in water and let steep like a tea for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or so...in a jar and shake it several times before use.

Strain that mix into my spray reservoir with a very fine strainer, then add in the Pro-tekt and fullpower. If I have active pests its an additional 1 tbs of Monterrey liquid (spinosad) added in 2x in a row IPM treatment 3 days apart or 2x a week.

I know you use the neem oil - the neem cake meal tea will be about 30-40% as strong as the oil but you wont have to worry about spraying at lights out and getting too much oil on the leaves like you had with the 7% solution. You can spray this with lights on with no ill effect. It's recommended to spray close to lights out or early on beginning of light on schedule. I.E. not in the middle of the day for the ladies.

2nd week:
^^^ The same thing without spinosad. This can be applied up to the day before harvest.

That's how I do it week in week out ... I also sprinkle neem cake meal on surface of soil on the ladies (not seedlings/clones) a few pinches. just for shits a giggles - ALL pests really do not like neem. The meal is easier to deal with for me. You can also use the neem cake meal and oil together.. just figure out what works best for each cultivar. When I need to use the oil I use soap nuts as an emulsifier, another emulsifier that is great is Aloe gel.
Sometimes I add in aloe/coconut water to the IPM mix.. the ladies really love that!

Back
Top Bottom