Family Man CFL Closet Grow - First Grow Ever!

Nice setup, the plants look great and healthy. I suggest you take a piece of cardboard and paint it white, or any white panel, make cutouts and put it onto your cfl fixture to minimize the light that is going upwards. More light will get to your plants that way. Keep up the great work I'm looking forward to see them bloom. :goodjob: :Namaste:
420-magazine-mobile155869109.jpg

DIY at its finest... Wife had all white gift boxes so I hacked into those

420-magazine-mobile1516474355.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion... I swear I'm walking out on a limb on this grow... studied a week and jumped...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Man, great diy. Did you see any difference? Haha, I made mine from the box the light came in. Good job. :thumb:

What nutrients are you planning on using? do you have a budget for lighting?

I was planning on getting the general hydroponics 3 bottle kit and I am trying to bargain on an hid as I'm writing this post... The nutrients is what I will need to focus a bit more on i dont wanna hurt myself in that area... I was going to go Fox farm trio but general hydro is cheaper and I hear good things...

I'm a biobizz guy myself so can't comment on them to much. I would steer clear of making anything out of cardboard or paper of any kind it just screams fire hazard/retaining humidity. A cake pan lined with a mylar windshield cover would work.

Sweet light and ballast. 50 bucks...:high-five: does it run both mh and hps? Either way it's definitely an upgrade from cfls. Tricky thing will be temps, good luck, keep up the good work and as always...

KiG :green_heart:cheers
Yea light and ballast...I'm still pretty happy about the find... Yes it does run both sides of the spectrum... I'm hoping by pulling the tent out of my closet and using the whole space my fan will pull enough negative pressure from outside the closet ... Too cool it down... Closet space is 7x10x9 and I want to use the full 1000 watts with no more than 9 plants... Eventually any way...

The ballast is called Quantum and read about someone having issues with MH bulbs but read only good things other than that... Either way I'm excited about it... I convinced the wife to let me use the full closet and use the tent in our room for veg... The key was as an experiment... I'll continue to take all the luck I can get... Thanks

12 days

420-magazine-mobile1946841210.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1310332470.jpg

12 days "Nemo"

420-magazine-mobile2145504255.jpg

420-magazine-mobile317204521.jpg

11 days

420-magazine-mobile944318829.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1827190988.jpg

11 days

This unknown strain looks weird to me looks very different than the rest but has been getting all the same treatment...leaves looked like they folding in like a carne asada taco at 2pm outside the local cumba club...

420-magazine-mobile1064305629.jpg

420-magazine-mobile904954804.jpg

9 days

420-magazine-mobile1604790427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1103372729.jpg

Cotton Candy just broke ground...

1 day old

420-magazine-mobile1641242336.jpg

Lights been running at 1kw for over 2 hours, and closet temps are at 85°... I have dialed it back 50% and see what the temperatures will look like in another couple hours... Looks I may need a stronger fan, besides if I put a filter on this current fan I think I'll be in trouble... Thinking I will pull this fan put it back into the grow tent vent into my bed room as it is the coldest in the house, and buy a stronger fan for the flower closet... But honestly I think I'm going to need a portable ac for 100% of that hps...

Right. It was just a test. If you don't have enough passive inlet, a bigger fan won't help much.
Yea that's what I'm worried about although I'll probably buy a fan and filter combo anyway because I need to exhaust my tent as well... So now how am I going to do this without having to buy a portable...I was thinking of ducting my room a.c. Vent into the closet from underneath my home... Which I don't think I have the tools or the expertise to do that well maybe I could... I can create a passive vent on the wall the which connects to my bathroom which gets nice and cool... Might have to worry about humidity when showers are taken tho... Hmmm that doesn't sound like a bad idea

Back
Top Bottom