Barbara Bud - CFL - Soil - Tent Grow

Yeah the fertilizer is doing nothing... this is one of the first plants I've flowered using tap water, so it must be lock out. I'll be sure to get a water distiller next pay day.

1453490790307697680721.jpg

I added in that 2700k/6500k bulb again with a socket splitter.

My current setup for flowering is...
1x 6500k/2700k 125w
1x 4000k 55w
1x 2700k 100w
2x 2700k 23w
1x 2100k 125w

Running a total of 428w. About as much as a low end gaming computer. Doing about 32,000 lumen.

I'm going to be buying a couple T5 lights with 2700k bulbs with reflectors on the 26th.. I want to run them vertically in my tent.

Deleted

Yeah the fertilizer is doing nothing... this is one of the first plants I've flowered using tap water, so it must be lock out. I'll be sure to get a water distiller next pay day.

Distilled water is available at almost all grocery stores...I know it is more expensive but 12 gallons is only $12 and it could save your garden...

1453577412346-1241856501.jpg

1453577703071-1277983569.jpg

Today is growth day 73.. flower day 31.

20160131_134048.jpg

20160131_134108.jpg

20160131_134152.jpg

Today is growth day 81... flower day 39 (5 1/2 weeks).

Looks like you've got some leaf burn...how's the water situation? Have you checked your PH and EC? Could be an issue just based off the photos...good luck!

Hey EH, looks like you're pulling off this grow despite some unconventional things being done. I agree with nearly everything urmom has told you. I understand you're doing a "poor mans grow" and we poor guys can't always get all the groovy testers and nutes. First advise, look up "Boss's Poor mans grow" in the completed journals, it'll help you a lot. Second, like urmom said, stop butchering your plant when it's just getting started. Top it or fim it, please, stop pulling fan leaves until your bud sites need the light. Feed light at first! 1/2 or 1/4 strength of "recommended" strength for a few days and increase the dose slowly and watch. When you begin to see leaf tips browning, back off the nutes and wait and then slowly start to increase the strength again. You'll start to get a feel for what your plant wants. You're in soil so use distilled water and don't worry about Ph or EC. Just watch your plant. Good luck Bro...Stormy

Yeah I agree I need to trim it less..

The nute burn didn't happen until recently when I gave it a dose of Miracle Grow Ultra Bloom. I think the previous damage was due to bad ph / lock out.

Looks like you've got some leaf burn...how's the water situation? Have you checked your PH and EC? Could be an issue just based off the photos...good luck!

Yeah I burnt her with shitty nutes.. I have a source for better stuff but just haven't made an investment yet.

She's on straight tap water right now (I know, I know.. -_-') on her flush.

IMG_20160204_155704.jpg

IMG_20160204_155637.jpg

IMG_20160204_155620.jpg

Today is flower day 44.

I heard I should cut her off water about a week before harvest and let the soil dry right out.. something to do with resin production? What do you think?

Also, should I leave her in complete darkness for 48 hours before harvesting? Something to do with sugars?

NO, you do not need to put her in 48 hours of darkness...it will just stress her out and you don't need that...just give her one last good soak of pure RO or distilled water until she runs clear and leave her alone for the last week...that part of your plan is dead on! Hope everything works out in these last couple weeks...take your time and don't rush anything...it sucks to put in so much effort and time over the last few months, only to have something terrible happen in the last week or 2.

One thing I have noticed on buds that have similar issues as yours (if it is the nutrient lock due to water PH/dissolved solids), is that the flowers can have problems burning after drying. This is only an issue in the actual flower and nothing to do with the resin usually. If you do have this issue, you can process the buds into some hash and still have the medicine...

And based on your photos...I would say those girls probably need another 2-3 weeks or so in flower. You are there and are the one responsible for your own garden but make sure your flowers have stopped production and your pistils are drying up and the trichomes are starting to go from clear to cloudy/amber...

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yeah I burnt her with shitty nutes.. I have a source for better stuff but just haven't made an investment yet.

She's on straight tap water right now (I know, I know.. -_-') on her flush.

hey been flwing along with what you have going on since im also using cfl's and it looks great! very inspiring for sure man! would love to invite u to see what i have going on and let me know what u think!

Sorry for the long delay in updates, I didn't want to come back until I had something to show.

This journal has been abandon. I ended up chilling with a friend for a few days and she dried right up and wilted bad. I had to crop her a few weeks early and did a quick hang dry. Sorry but now I know to keep a closer eye on her during flowering.

You can check out my current bag seed CFL grow by clicking the top link on my signature. See you over there! :)

Back
Top Bottom