Barista's Finest First Grow, Gorilla Glue, Auto Pounder, Royal Kush

Barista

Hey poeple!

My first attempt at growing, the 3 strains I'll be growing are Royal Kush, Gorilla Glue and Auto Pounder. Ive just picked up the gorilla glue and auto pounder today but the royal kush has been going for around 22 days. My equipment are as follows:

2x4 grow tent
600w HPS
5inch axial flo intake fan connected to roof tile vent
5in TT mixed flow extraction fan hooked up to a carbon filter
6" oscillating fan to keep the breeze

No special nutes or anything just water up to now. the soil I'm using is Terra Professional. The royal Kush took approx 3 days to germinate but I had a complete nightmare with it. While transplanting into the bigger 12L pot the soil broke nearly in half then the other day My carbon filter dropped on it! easy fix though, placed the oscillating fan on the opposite side to brow the breeze up onto the plant to keep it up and surely it regained its strength in about 2 days and is back to standing on its own. I'f i achieve 1 ounce per plant I'll be happy! so we'll see how it goes!

Any advice and opinions are very welcome!

GG and Auto pounder are currently germinating and here is my set up and RK
IMG_40779.JPG
IMG_407813.JPG
IMG_407910.JPG
IMG_40808.JPG
IMG_408111.JPG

Just a quick update! I decided to remove the intake fan due to positive pressure in the tent and open up one of the screens. This means I have 2 passive intakes. One from the screen and one from a 5" duct running to a roof vent.

The royal kush has started to give off a slight odour and is growing very nicely. Both the gorrila glue and auto pounder have busted out of the seeds with a small root so I will move them over into the small pots tomorrow! Will update with pictures tomorrow also!
exciting times!

Picture update quickly.
Auto Pounder on the left and the gorilla glue on the right. Auto pounder seems to have stretched its leg alot quicker!
IMG_409514.JPG

Moved into small containers by the window for now. Once they show they're skin and 4 leaves, they will be moved into the tent along with the Royal Kush
IMG_409615.JPG

Nice setup you have there. On a side note though, you will want to put the Auto into a much bigger pot. They have a nasty habit of switching to flower when the tap root hits bottom. Common practice here is to start Autos in their final pots.

:peacetwo:

Hey,

Thank you for the advice. All three strains I'm growing are Auto's and will take your advice and transfer them ASAP into the main 12L pots. I didnt think the root would bottom out before the the flower shows its forst 4 leaves. Picture update to come tonight!

So I've moved the Auto pounder into a bigger pot but ran out of medium for the Auto Gorilla :oops: so she's going to have to sit tight for a couple days. I also realised dug deeper into the whole how much to water etc topic and realised I was under watering the Kush! 12L pot and giving it 1L every 2-3 days... so I've upped it now untill I see a slight run off at the bottom which doesn't get absorbed back into the rhizo pot instantly. This equated to roughly 2.5litres maybe even 3 so will carry on like this for the time being! She is growing very nicely and can see new growth every day.
IMG_410914.JPG
IMG_409819.JPG
IMG_409913.JPG

Just a small update, had an absolute nightmare with the auto pounder! Cfl light drooped and burnt one one of the leaves and now its slanted! Will keep going with it anyway to see how it goes. My soil hasnt arrived so the Agorillaglue is still in a small pot under 23w cfl. Should arrive tomorrow so I can put in with the other! I also bought 2 temp/humidity probes. Readings inside were 26 degrees and 41% humidity. The picture only shows the inside temp! Humidity and IN tempt are the outside readings. Royal kush is still growing and lots of little branches are starting to appear under the main leaves so waiting for this to boom at some point (in my dreams?)
IMG_414315.JPG
IMG_414215.JPG
IMG_414110.JPG
IMG_413911.JPG

IMG_418813.JPG
IMG_418511.JPG
IMG_418217.JPG
IMG_418114.JPG
Hey people, just another update for you!

The auto pounder which got burnt is starting to grow so that's all good and so are the other 2 gorilla glues! Im having an issue with royal kush at the moment. It's showing signs of either a lack of water or over water. Im struggling to figure out which one! Im watering it around 2Lts every 3 days. Its a 12 litre pot, which makes me think it's not getting enough! Heres a few pictures! Any advice would be great

Checked the Royal K this morning and it has perked up since last night so, instead of watering today, ill wait untill tomorrow and check it again. Started to use shogun terra grow at 2ml per Litre since It's not fully into flowering yet I don't think. Once It's fully flowering I will change to terra Bloom.

Long time no see! Work has been super busy and I've barley been able to keep up with photos etc but here are a few! I only have the royal kush and 2 auto Gorillas now due my mate screwing his up so I gave him the auto pounder because i felt so bad. The kush is in flowering stage now and is looking sick! Probably just topping over the 60cm mark. I am having a few issues with the bottom leaves yellowing and as a first timer, im unsure what to do? 3L water every 3/4 days with 5ml of terra grow which is about the lowest concentration they reccomend on the bottle. Will be switching to bloom monday. The gorilla glue started off with some spots on the leaves which i presume were water from my poor technique but it has now started exploding! It's hard to show how bushy it is! I also adopted my mates poorly auto gorilla which has just started growing after I transferred into a bigger pot! I've ordered 3 auto pounder with cheese seeds so once they arrive they'll be hatched asap!
IMG_420715.JPG
IMG_426010.JPG

The gorilla is now 3 weeks
IMG_425913.JPG
IMG_426613.JPG
IMG_426711.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom