Basement window ventilation that won't be too exposed to the elements

TroyMcclure

420 Member
Does anyone have any clever set ups for basement window ventilation that won't be too exposed to the elements?

Background info:
I'm running 240w of QB LED's and I'll be ScrOG'ing 2-3 plants in a 4x4x6 grow tent. I will be exhausting the air out a 6" carbon filter and either out the window or just in the room.

Here is the situation:
I definitely don't want any smell so its much more reliable to just vent outside (the carbon filter will be used for neighbours). I live in Canada so the winter will be a little unpleasant to just have the window open for fresh air, I'd have seal it up with some plywood and vent it out. BUT there will be snow and/or ice the will build up so I'd like to be protected a little bit also.

I am thinking something like a dryer exhaust cover outside the window, plywood with a whole cut in in and the ducting going directly into that?

i put took the windows out and added a 4 inch thick piece of this "special" foam. my carpenter buddy gave it to me. i just cut a hole out for the vent hole. i just won't be able to turn it off come mid winter lol.

20190902_142911.jpg

if the window opens, you can build an insulated board to sit inside the window sill, with a hole for exhaust.
as an added bonus, it's easy to fix anything to the exterior side of the exhaust for added stealth / aesthetic.

i put took the windows out and added a 4 inch thick piece of this "special" foam. my carpenter buddy gave it to me. i just cut a hole out for the vent hole. i just won't be able to turn it off come mid winter lol.

20190902_142911.jpg
if the window opens, you can build an insulated board to sit inside the window sill, with a hole for exhaust.
as an added bonus, it's easy to fix anything to the exterior side of the exhaust for added stealth / aesthetic.

Yea looks like a trip to home depot for me today.

I have the plywood, then I'll cut the hole in it for the 6" ducting. Then I'm thinking of getting some of that insulated styrofoam or whatever you have there for the sill and then i guess half for aesthetic and half for winter snow / ice, ill get a dryer vent cover.

did you guys have any brand or material recommendations?

Yea looks like a trip to home depot for me today.

I have the plywood, then I'll cut the hole in it for the 6" ducting. Then I'm thinking of getting some of that insulated styrofoam or whatever you have there for the sill and then i guess half for aesthetic and half for winter snow / ice, ill get a dryer vent cover.

did you guys have any brand or material recommendations?

the people at the hardware store will be your best info. i didn't even know the stuff in my window was that thick until i saw some scrap left over in the other room lmao.

Back
Top Bottom