BC Northern Lights The Producer

Thanks for that Onkruid!

Although I don't believe the pump itself is failing... it's just loud. Don't suppose you happen to know much about the "General Hydroponics Dual Diaphragm Air Pump"?

I inquire because it's relatively accessible to where I live and spec wise it fits in the unit. Those AFPL pumps are pretty large from what I gather. Definitely would force the exterior install.

You're welcome. I've no other knowledge of it other than having read that it has a good reputation. As long as the flow is adequate you'll be in great shape.

Of course you're right about the AFPL's size, but if I recall correctly they had the lowest db's.

Should have mentioned this first. You might consider giving BCNL a call, they're great about anything. They may even be able to determine over the phone if it sounds out of spec.

Just going to muddy the water with this: Years ago I was at a friends place who had several large aquariums with which he wanted to take a more silent approach to air supply. As a quick fix we'd taken a cardboard box, lined it with some scrap "egg-crate foam" (acoustical damper), and mounted a 5v PC fan for ventilation. It kept the pumps very quiet and cool. Intake on the box was covered with filter media. It worked perfectly.

If this is in a basement, you can always mask the noise with a dehumidifier or "radon fan" Set the humidistat low to cycle off the compressor and save electricity. With just the fan running, it should drown out the air pump. I believe that air pump is suppose to run 24/7 right?

So, is this the place to hang out if you are growing in BCNL equipment?
I have been a happy user since 2005.
2 Producers, 1 Bloombox - Custom LED retrofits

How many of us are out there??

Back
Top Bottom