Beginning To Understand Her

I have a new kind of stress that i did not until now think was possible. I have so many strains to choose from, its hard to decide when its all fantastic. How many strains? 40 strains, that's how. 1/3 of which came from my breeding in my second year. I have been busy.
DSCF07995.JPG

It's almost like having too much money.
LOL, yeah but with money you can spend it all in one place in less that a few hours. Seeds are like safety deposit boxes. All safe and sealed away. If I open all the boxes at once I would have no room to move, and that won't be cool. It would look crazy, and awesome, but over 5000 plants growing in my small garden won't work,as much as I would like to, heh.

Bounty. It's delicious. I was smiling at your 'stress' which I am sure is in double quotes, tongue in cheek, all that. I chose 'too much money' as an analogy because money is usually the thing no one I know thinks they can ever have too much of. Before I actually sat on the bottom step here and saw what you were chuckling about the stress you never thought was possible, I thought you'd decided you had a rare copper deficiency.

I know 420 is supposed to be all about pot, but I'm going to slide a couple pics your way that have to do with my own un-stressing. Chill-out time at the OK Corral. I live in North West Pennsylvania, in a little town called Erie. ;) Grew up in a small city you may have heard of? Pittsburgh? The gal below is Lady Remington, the title I give to female cardinals.
peek_a_boo_lady.jpg

She's quicker than her mate, but she was hanging around the other day while I was doing some brain storming out here in the Snug. When I'm able to get her with my camera, I feel closer to God.

At the same time that she was hanging out, I noticed this chimpmonk hanging around.
chipmonk_hanging.jpg

Like I said, nothing to do with Larry or Pauline directly, but a nudge in the direction of balance. Keeping it simple. You know I'm pretending like this grow is just one of many.

Re: Begining to understand her

well its my first grow, pretty far along and things went a bit south. must of messed up on total darkness as i now have a herme. sad face. oh well, now im all exited about trying again and worrying some more not as much though. let you know if the majic wares off:thumb:

fishcake - I did that too; I was not happy either - hahahaha.
Trying again as well. I found a milk crate of Green halogen light bulbs at a thrift store. He only charged me a buck a bulb Also found 2 100W cfls he gave me for 5bucks each; very happy about that because Im lacking in lighting.
I read that green lights will not adversely effect the plant in the dark cycle; if anyone knows differently - please advise so I don't screw up again.

Dude, cheers to your cookies. :high-five: Hoping somewhere along the line you and I can trade food secrets. My cute husband and I just got back from visiting the grandkids. I'm teaching the baby how to gently separate roots before you plant, how deep to dig a hole, and that not all vines are poison ivy. Love my life outside the closet. If you get a chance to peek in at my journal, I'd value your opinion on my first born in the closet. Betty and I have come back to our cooperative-type friendship. Haven't had a free CO2 bomb since I last wrote. She's embracing my philosophy of If It Dies, It Wasn't Meant to Live. Was gonna show you a couple pics here, but as usual I forgot to load them before I started typing. The advice has to do with harvest time for my first big girl.
I do have a culinary question. You infused coconut oil with essence of Larry and made sugar cookies. HUMmmm....I'm not vegan, but I am gluten free...are ya telling me, lad, that you made something as lightly flavored as sugar cookies and they tasted good? No heavy herbal taste to muck up the works? I used canna-butter to make a lemon cake kind of treat and it was HORRIBLE.

Dude, cheers to your cookies.
I do have a culinary question. You infused coconut oil with essence of Larry and made sugar cookies. HUMmmm....I'm not vegan, but I am gluten free...are ya telling me, lad, that you made something as lightly flavored as sugar cookies and they tasted good? No heavy herbal taste to muck up the works? I used canna-butter to make a lemon cake kind of treat and it was HORRIBLE.

I use some cinnamon, cocoa ,a little vanilla, pinch of salt, some almond extract, and a bit of dried chilli peppers. But the home favorite are my canna choc mint cupcakes.

Be still my tummy! I am currently undergoing a psychological rebellion against my eating needs. I was good with wheat free for about 3 months, then I started craving wheat. Took a couple of weeks for that to pass, good for another 3 or 4 months but just last week I started up again. Not eating the 'poison' <to me> mind ya, just craving it. Enough of my whining, though. It sounds like you do use some distinct flavors when you are cooking with cannabis. I'm a little shy at trying to cook with it again for a couple reasons. I failed so miserably in the flavor department. Also failed in the buzz department. Finally, I just can't afford to 'experiment' with the pricey stuff I am forced to buy until Betty and I get this thing going.

Rock on, my friend. Happy trails, and thanks for stopping in at the journal.

just a quick note!
watch out for the red or amber "on' indicator lights.
ya know, right by the on switch of the outlet strip, the hunidifer, portable Ac ect....
a note: re bugs & old houses. RAID funigator cups. comes in a blue box, 3 cup set for $18.
THAT S H I T KILLS ALL.
Slag

just a quick note!
watch out for the red or amber "on' indicator lights.
ya know, right by the on switch of the outlet strip, the hunidifer, portable Ac ect....
a note: re bugs & old houses. RAID funigator cups. comes in a blue box, 3 cup set for $18.
THAT S H I T KILLS ALL.
Slag

Thanks for the tip Slag121 on the light. I don't use raid or any products like that. I eat my cannabis and don't want harmful pesticides on my plants.

How's it hangin? Betty was over today and stillnot a single CO2 bomb. She's starting to really chill out on this process of growing. Larry is helping, thank the Good Mother of Growth. I wanted to show you a pic of us doing one of the top 3 or 7 things newbies do.
larry_in_the_hole_420.jpg

Yeah, we harvested too soon. Now, mind ya, we smoked one and only one piece of the Queen. I thought long and hard which little piece of her to sacrifice. Part of Betty's angst is impatience. She doesn't want to waste time experimenting, she only has enough time to do it correctly. But, with shining eyes and her face all aglow, she easily talked me into smoking the first bit of our very first Larry. LOL! Like my eyes weren't shiny and I really needed to be convinced! So what, right?

Tasted like crap, but it was the best smoke since the last best smoke! I am hoping it is apparent that this is my very first tried and true 'cheese grater over the toaster' quick dry method. I will let you know, dear man, that I read the manuals here that included the 'on the heating duct under the couch overnight' method, so my methods are based on scientific fact and intuition. Whadya think? Not bad for an old time newbie!

AND, more importantly, Betty was all for this experiment. She didn't mind the possibility of a mere learning experience. Experiments never fail, in my opinion. Uh, but I'm wondering just how dried out I should have cooked this bud and should I probably cut off the tips of all those leaves?
:circle-of-love:

Larry is still doing what I think she's been doing, she just a little lighter on one tip. ;) On a really super note in my world out of the closet, three of my roses have buds on them. And one of the ones I wrote off just sprouted some green. Thanks for the use of the rockin' chair and much obliged for the cup of coconut oil. Next time I'm over I'll grab a handful of strawberries to go with the lemonade. Or would you like to try some lavender instead?

One of my ever evolving rules of gardening, Don't run out of schtuff. Picked up some more SNS Systemic Treatment, its the most bang for my buck. I got two 1 quart bottles, at just over 40 bucks total it's a deal. 1 quart can make up to 60 gallons . I also picked up more nutes , enough to last the season and some.

Are logs something that's for an in the dirt kinda a gardener? I live in off of the great lakes and we've been doing some thunderstorm kind of things. Man, oh man, I looooovvvve weather. I've been screwing around with humidity, not drought.

Here's a hypothetical for you. Just say you picked a place to plant you thought was kind of groovy, but then little by little you realized the birds thought it was really groovy, too. And say, just say, you ended up with too much bird shit that your plants refused to flower. They were in hyper veg mode. This is a non-cannabis plant question, but I thought I'd ask you while I was thinking about it. Cain't eggzactly flush Mother Earth.

Oh, and my philosophy when it comes to a water shortage is you should drink more wine.

Huddling on your back porch again, playing with the cat. Here, I brought you fresh strawberries, some of the last ones left. Good news first, take a gander at this.
spilling_out_of_the_jar.JPG
larry_in_a_jar.JPG

Don't mean to hog up your place with a bunch of pictures, but this jar is the reason why I've come. Got another C02 bomb from Betty last night. "It's too dry, you should have cut it down sooner, you should have quit hanging it sooner, it doesn't smell enough, there's too many leaves." Basically, Larry is garbage, what was my opinion?

My opinion is the two of us did a hell of a job for first timers. But, of course, her opinion is only encompassing my aspect of the process, so she only agrees with half of my opinion. Having ever harvested one plant, I don't have much authority, however much I pretend, but I still think my instincts are sound. Bringing up this place as an authority only sets off another CO2 bomb because, well I'm not sure exactly why because.

Maybe I should go visit your Ladies myself, because I feel like I'm dropping a CO2 bomb. Normally I just go quietly on my way when her assumption is say, I am supposed to quit watering a canibis plant just after it starts turning colors. I watered for another three weeks, clear water, not too often, but if that was a bad thing, please tell me now. ;)

Calming down now, thank you very kindly sir. Going to get back to my life out of the closet. I'm not shamelessly campaigning for rep points, my dearest 2J's. I think PeeJay was kind enough to do that with the cheese grater procedure. Virtue is it's own reward. Say, have you ever peeked into The Blue Room? Equanamity <--spelling> just got to my favorite part! His babies are sleeping for the first time and they are just beautiful! Kootchy coo! He has quituplets!

Of course there are issues with the size, density, smell, flavor, and dryness, it's your first go. Patience is required when trying to understand a plants wants and needs. Something my hippie friend says about growing and caring for the female cannabis plant, "Don't rush it ,the herb will reveal yourself to you, and in that reflection you will find her, and her needs will be evident" . She was pretty high when she said that, but something in it makes me pause, and wait for the herb to speak.
Pat yourselves on the back,high five, hug , what ev, cause you both successfully grew and harvested your first indoor crop indoor crop. Congratulations !!!
Don't worry about dropping a Co2 bomb here, that why I started this thread.
Thanks for sharing , feel free to anytime.

I came to this huge, really zen saving conclusion. As growers, we face natural challenges. Sometimes extreme battles, like with single digit humidity. Sometimes. Dirt, Dark,--and in my case, Betty.

You started this stress room and didn't you find a unique stress? My unique stress is being friends with a truly good gal who thinks the world put a chip on her shoulder. The reason why I started my journal was to siphon off the steam Betty was boiling in me. Betty, being Betty, is intimidated by the plant and this grow culture around it. She "doesn't have time or money to experiment". She has to do it right the first time.

Uh, yeah. Lemme tell you just a little bit about our conversation about our fist jarful of Larry. Everything that had been done to Larry when she wasn't present was wrong. I thought she was going to cry when I told her it should stay in the jar for about 3 weeks. In essence, she said, "What we have is garbage now and in three weeks it will be worse garbage. I already KNOW that."

To which I answered, "And I hope that you are wrong."

Brought you a little something. :passitleft:
this_is_marion.JPG

The husband and I are going away for two nights to visit the grandkids, and Betty sent me a frantic, "You should cut down Pauline because I know somethings going to happen." I went into high boil and came thiiiiissss close to yanking Pauline out of the pot and throwing her on Betty's front porch.

And then, reason set in. What in the huge world does it matter if one plant or thousands of them get cut down before their time. If Madam wants her grapes brought in from the green house before they are ready, then Madam may have her sour grapes.

LOL! She's actually 'holding' the jar of Larry 'cause I'll be gone for 2 days.

So, my attitude is hopefully adjusted fairly permanently. I could loose a plant to spider mites, overwatering, or Betty gluttony. My goal short term goal was to keep Larry alive until harvest. Done. My long range goal is to have enviable eatables by January.

Would you mind, please, answering a little ratio kind of question for me? I have three finger baggie of (there's a word for this) closer hair clippings from Pauline's hair cut today. How much butter should I make? Cup of hair to a cup of butter?

'Preciate the time you have taken for me. And thanks a lot for the compliment. Lovin' support is gonna be a looong time coming from Betty. Oh, and your hippie friend is on the mark. Plants speak and eventually Betty will pipe down long enough for me to really listen.
:circle-of-love:
Marion

I would recommend 4 to 8 grams per cup of butter when making medibles.
About leaving plants for extended period , make sure to put the pots in some water or better yet set up a simple wick system .
This will keep your plants from drying out too fast and will keep them happy. put one end into the bottle as shown, bury the other end in the pot, use a pencil or something similar to push it into the soil.
Set it up 5 hours before you leave, check it before you leave to top off the reservoir. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom