Beginning To Understand Her

Re: Begining to understand her

Pardon me, please, newbie in the cannibis world, but an old time gardener. I was hoping to find a forum just like this, because this my very first Baby Girl Larry in on her first feathery steps to smokinhood and I'm and pleased as punch! My problem is I'm just one of the parents. I totally suck at seeds, but my best friend does seeds and seedlings almost as good as God. She's been trying to be self-sufficient for a couple years, but she's never gotten past the seedling stage. A few months ago a 2700 light bulb went off and we pooled our talents.

My friend is driving me crazy. Between the two of us, I figure 8 plants max, and I'm the one in charge of the flowering part as agreed, but she wants me to staple a clipboard to my forehead. Her angst is in overdrive and I'm just grooving on, "Wow! We are doing it!"

Larry is from bag seed and as of today I'm in charge of three more unsexed, first time in the dark seedlings. Am I wrong in just wanting to chill back and learn? I'm hoping so.

Any ideas on how to get my best friend to pretend like we already had that first anxious harvest and now all we have to do is chill for this successful one? Sorry, maybe I did just have to vent. :) Thanks for listening, and happy trails.

PS Would you like to see a pic of my baby girl? just thought about it, but it's dark time. :)

erieflwr, welcome! pull up a chair and chillaxe for a bit.

"My friend is driving me crazy. Between the two of us, I figure 8 plants max, and I'm the one in charge of the flowering part as agreed, but she wants me to staple a clipboard to my forehead. Her angst is in overdrive "

The desire for the finished product must be tempered with patience.
If your friend has that much energy, then she should talk the plants into growing faster. I've been trying it for years, too no avail. Seriously though, patience,all gardening requires it. The tomato does not just appear, it must grow and ripen.

" Am I wrong in just wanting to chill back and learn? I'm hoping so. "

Cannabis growing is part science and part intuition. Your intuition to relax is not far off. The best thing you can do is try NOT to get overloaded with worry. Don't over check the plants, over water, etc, let them be, they will grow and show sex when ready. They can survive even the harshest treatment, remember its a weed, lol. In the mean time check out How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know You will find all kinds of great hints and help as well.

"Larry is from bag seed and as of today I'm in charge of three more unsexed, first time in the dark seedlings.My first big plant came from bag seed. "

SHL Super Lemon Haze , she was a monster, had lots of worm and mold damage. I did get a pound from her that was clean. It was some of the best ,I and my entire group of patients, had ever smoked. I will never poo poo on bag seed eva. That being said, I have found great enjoyment with feminized and auto-flowering seeds lately. But that's my journey, yours could be different for your needs. For the best experience, find your needs and match them with specific strains that are known to aid said needs.

To upload pictures follow this guide Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Plus don't forget to become familiar with Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Again welcome to :420: my most favorite web thingy to date. The staff and mods are kind and the members are very often helpful.

P.S. I'd love to see the pictures of Larry and the rest, thanks in advance for sharing .
Good Luck and Happy Gardening.

Missing the Mendo that I pulled...no worries though, Bio GDP to the rescue (4 beans popped on the same day!)! One of my ( its hard to type holding a joint) Mendo bag seeeeds is a girl! yeaheah!(Hetfield it up!)
Stress? My roomie added two Blue dream clones to the mix, He put them right in the ground, no veg time indoors, I don't know what he is thinking, but if they do well ,they do well.
I found a few bugs on my girls today, removed them (read squished)..the joys of organic farming. I have time, so why not grow organic.
:smokin:

Lemon aide by the 5 gallon; check , Buds; check, munchies; check , D and D books, dice, pencils, notes, imagination; CHECK. I am ready for the weekend! Have a good one Y'all.

3 years later this thread still rocks....like the Metallica reference nobody got lol

Mutations often occur when a plant that is flowering goes back to vegetative growth. The Female flower on a leaf stem is not new to me, I have seen it on a Chinese strain . Having one that I have not seen, and, actually having it happen in my garden is pretty cool. :high-five: :peace:

That is pretty cool... check it on a dark night, it might glow :cheesygrinsmiley:

I noticed I made a boo boo on a quote and did not catch it in time to edit, here is what it should have read as
erieflwr, welcome! pull up a chair and chillaxe for a bit.

"My friend is driving me crazy. Between the two of us, I figure 8 plants max, and I'm the one in charge of the flowering part as agreed, but she wants me to staple a clipboard to my forehead. Her angst is in overdrive "

The desire for the finished product must be tempered with patience.
If your friend has that much energy, then she should talk the plants into growing faster. I've been trying it for years, too no avail. Seriously though, patience,all gardening requires it. The tomato does not just appear, it must grow and ripen.

" Am I wrong in just wanting to chill back and learn? I'm hoping so. "

Cannabis growing is part science and part intuition. Your intuition to relax is not far off. The best thing you can do is try NOT to get overloaded with worry. Don't over check the plants, over water, etc, let them be, they will grow and show sex when ready. They can survive even the harshest treatment, remember its a weed, lol. In the mean time check out How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know You will find all kinds of great hints and help as well.

"Larry is from bag seed and as of today I'm in charge of three more unsexed, first time in the dark seedlings. bag seed. "

SHL My first big plant came from Super Lemon Haze , she was a monster, had lots of worm and mold damage. I did get a pound from her that was clean. It was some of the best ,I and my entire group of patients, had ever smoked. I will never poo poo on bag seed eva. That being said, I have found great enjoyment with feminized and auto-flowering seeds lately. But that's my journey, yours could be different for your needs. For the best experience, find your needs and match them with specific strains that are known to aid said needs.

To upload pictures follow this guide Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Plus don't forget to become familiar with Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Again welcome to :420: my most favorite web thingy to date. The staff and mods are kind and the members are very often helpful.

P.S. I'd love to see the pictures of Larry and the rest, thanks in advance for sharing .
Good Luck and Happy Gardening.

Heavens to murgatroyd, thank you thank you! I did not peek at my email until just now. I here by swear to begin a journal, complete with photographs. I also promise to provide tasty gluten-free concoctions at any and all back porch discussions.

When you said, in essence, that my friend should use all that CO2 on the plants, I kinda choked on my wine. I'd been worried about air quality...

Intuition and science. Uh, my philosophy towards plants is "If they die, they were not meant to live." Which, c'mon, that's what gardening is all about? I bought a rosemary bush at Lowe's two days ago that was marked down to a buck. The only reason why I bought her was because out of all of them, she was the only one that had any spring to her. I planted her on a south facing wall and she thanked me with just a whiff of fragrance.

I am a gardener. This Larry thing, though, phew! It's almost too important, which is why I thank you again for letting me chill on the back porch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you come right down to it, we are talking earth, wind, sun and water. Elementary, no? My friend just bought me a new toy. It's a mini moisture tester and I'd far rather have a digital ph tester if I have to have a new toy at all.

My journal is going to be a success story, just you watch, and thanks in advance for making it that way. If nuthin' else, I can hide here on the bottom step if my friend drops another CO2 bomb. Don't glance this way, just head her towards the plants.:circle-of-love:

Heavens to murgatroyd, thank you thank you! I did not peek at my email until just now. I here by swear to begin a journal, complete with photographs. I also promise to provide tasty gluten-free concoctions at any and all back porch discussions.

When you said, in essence, that my friend should use all that CO2 on the plants, I kinda choked on my wine. I'd been worried about air quality...

Intuition and science. Uh, my philosophy towards plants is "If they die, they were not meant to live." Which, c'mon, that's what gardening is all about? I bought a rosemary bush at Lowe's two days ago that was marked down to a buck. The only reason why I bought her was because out of all of them, she was the only one that had any spring to her. I planted her on a south facing wall and she thanked me with just a whiff of fragrance.

I am a gardener. This Larry thing, though, phew! It's almost too important, which is why I thank you again for letting me chill on the back porch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you come right down to it, we are talking earth, wind, sun and water. Elementary, no? My friend just bought me a new toy. It's a mini moisture tester and I'd far rather have a digital ph tester if I have to have a new toy at all.

My journal is going to be a success story, just you watch, and thanks in advance for making it that way. If nuthin' else, I can hide here on the bottom step if my friend drops another CO2 bomb. Don't glance this way, just head her towards the plants.:circle-of-love:

Mmm gluten free snacks you say? Yummmm. :slide:

Be prepared for bugs , mold, wind,wind,heat, animals, and people, causing some interference. I always assume a total loss the day I plant. I do this so any that survive are a blessing and truly appreciated. It keeps me humble and not so worried about all of them finishing. I have had good weather and neighbors to date, which helps out a lot :tokin:Keeping a relaxed state of mind during the season will get harder as the nugs swell. Keep your eye on the prize as they say. :cheesygrinsmiley:
The elementary rudiments of gardening is a key cornerstone of growing great cannabis. I think you have a head start on most people who grow their first plant or three. You are always welcome to take a load off and share your grow when you can. Let me know when you start the journal, I'll be one of your first subs. :popcorn:

I did it, I posted my journal! I did meant to tell ya, Smokin2J, that I have crammed, crammed crammed in the wee hours. Mostly here, in the end. I knew nothin' bout birthin' no Larrys back on April 7th. My friend, who I call Betty, had done the research herself, and I was just expected to water when she said, etc. Clipboard.

Which just brings to mind when I had a roommate and a houseful of houseplants. She was watering, I was watering, and between the two of us, we killed everything. Same thing happened at a restaurant I worked at. All those ferns and such slowly died until the boss put ONE person in charge of their care. I am digressing from Larry, but trying to work basic gardening knowledge into the conversation. Earth, air, water, light. I agree that growing is part science and part intuition. The only force that does it all is Mother Nature, or The Big Dude, depending on your up bringing.

Betty has visions of making designer smoke that everyone will want. I'd like to have enough to cook goodies seriously. Buying Larry is too expensive, although I did make some, uh, interesting Gluten Free Lemon Bars. (No, Buckshot, stay away from those bars. Interesting means really nasty!)

OK, then, on with the show. I named my journal something like 'humble first time grower in charge of success." Between you me and the this useless moisture monitor, I am humble when it comes to the glory of life. Larry A is already a success, to me, because she lives by the grace of a power higher than me, cause she shoulda died countless of times in my fumbling hands.

Time to hit the sack. Tomorrow I'm going to get some really good pics of what's going on. I think I've got a definite maybe boy and a pretty sure could be girl. Do you see the confidence just oozing out of me? Peace on, dude. Thanks again for the time

Well, just had a nuke melt-down with Betty. The outside temps have turned a good 20 degrees higher, so the temp was up downstairs. Betty showed up and went ballistic when I said the temp was up two 82 (two degrees more than normal) The kicker was when I quoted Stumped when he said the plants look "sweet." She barged out of here, then texted me that she's washing her hands of her time and her money. May I just say, "YAHOO!!" Perhaps I will achieve perfect Zen. LOL!

The tirade boils down to "I know you are talking to experts, but you have to listen TO ME!" huh? She came in last night because she'd 'just read' that the best temp for growing is 50 degrees. The CO2 bomb started last night.

Back to my journal. Thanks for the lemonade, it sure is warm today. Feelin' a little hot under the collar. By the way, I just realized that I haven't been following protocol and 'liking'. Please consider all that you have told me as "liked, appreciated, loved." OK, back to the drawing board. Still wondering if bonzia will work on the overly big new kids. I'm secretly hoping NOW that they are all boys since they are so big.

erieflwr, O.K. your friend Betty, she put you in charge . However it seems that she does not want you in charge. It seems like she wants you to do it the way she wants. So kindly remind her that you are the gardener. I took a peek at your journal, hope you don't mind, gotta say a few things. 1 , Um 50 deg f? The plants will grow slow and will produce poor results. Cannabis likes 72 to 85 deg f , she can even tolerate higher but not for a long period. 2, The size of your containers should be bigger, you will have root bound plants soon, if not already. 3, Get yourself some pot saucers to hold extra water for the hot days. 4 , when it gets real hot place frozen water bottles in the pot saucers, this will help cool the soil and the air at the same time. The plants will love you for it. When your friend begins talking, do this, and do that, tactfully ask where she is getting her ideas from. I highly recommend both of you read this How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know . It is one of the best resources here at :420: . Balance the advice you get from the members with reading the guide and your own knowledge of gardening. Some people have some crazy convoluted ways of growing that work. Me, I like to keep this simple. :peace:

DSCF07424.JPG
DSCF07386.JPG
DSCF07454.JPG
DSCF07358.JPG

Is comfrey a companion plant for The Girls? Everything looks so green in your oasis. It feels like a meditation garden.

Haven't heard a word from Betty since last Friday. I've decided it was a blessing. 'Course, that means this first grow is probably my last grow. Honest to Pete, I thought I'd ease her mind by telling her what the experts here were saying in general and about our project in particular. She was driving me crazy, no lie, but thing is, I haven't felt the need to smoke near as much since she decided I made her a laughingstock here.

:circle-of-love::peace:
groove on, Brother.

Is comfrey a companion plant for The Girls? Everything looks so green in your oasis. It feels like a meditation garden.

Haven't heard a word from Betty since last Friday. I've decided it was a blessing. 'Course, that means this first grow is probably my last grow. Honest to Pete, I thought I'd ease her mind by telling her what the experts here were saying in general and about our project in particular. She was driving me crazy, no lie, but thing is, I haven't felt the need to smoke near as much since she decided I made her a laughingstock here.

:circle-of-love::peace:
groove on, Brother.
The Comfrey is one of the companion plants in my garden. I also have Borage, Nasturtium, Dandelions, Marigolds, Bougainvillaea, Chamomile, Sunflowers, Yarrow, Fennel, Roses, Lemon Thyme, Sage, Rosemary , Lovage, Spearmint, Pineapple mint, and Lemon mint. Wheew! I have been busy.
Glad you have had a reprieve , and a laugh , Thanks for sharing your stress. Hope you have smooth sailing here on out.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom